Vinyl Storage Recommendation

About how many records does a 5 x 5 Kallax hold? I've read 50 to 60 per bin, but I'd rather get an answer from someone here, who is currently storing in them.

About how many records does a 5 x 5 Kallax hold? I've read 50 to 60 per bin, but I'd rather get an answer from someone here, who is currently storing in them.
I just did a quick count on a couple of mine. Each "cube" holds about 40-45 or so. These are all in outer sleeves. Obviously will depend on the size of the albums, gatefolds, etc. but 60 definitely seems pretty high. I'd say more like 40-45, maybe 50 at the absolute max if they are all single albums with thin jackets.

Last edited:
I just did a quick count on a couple of mine. Each "cube" holds about 40 or so. These are all in outer sleeves. Obviously will depend on the size of the albums, gatefolds, etc. but 60 definitely seems pretty high. I'd say more like 40-45, maybe 50 at the absolute max if they are all single albums with thin jackets.
Ok, so going conservative I could a 5 x 5 could hold 1000. Crap, that's not enough...I have like 1250. I'd hate to do a big changeover to Kallax and then still be short on storage.

Ok, so going conservative I could a 5 x 5 could hold 1000. Crap, that's not enough...I have like 1250. I'd hate to do a big changeover to Kallax and then still be short on storage.
I have ~2500 records. These are currently housed in two 5x5s. I have approximately 4 cubes of space left +/- a cube. (2 have flip bins in them, one stores my sleeves, the rest are partials at the end of sections)

Also, this is the Bowie shelf, I picked it because there are gatefolds and trifold a and a Charles Bradley box set:
IMG_1626.jpeg

There are 52 individual releases in that cube and I can easily insert my hand and I use the “Japanese” sleeving methid:
IMG_1627.jpeg

We put doors on the bottom two shelves to prevent the bunny from gnawing on records:
IMG_1628.jpeg

Those doors net a five title or so loss in each of those cubes.

Space is a little messy because of never ending kitchen Reno. Gate was to keep new kid away from tree at Christmas, left up to keep her away from the table.

Also, this is the Bowie shelf, I picked it because there are gatefolds and trifold a and a Charles Bradley box set:
View attachment 173569

There are 52 individual releases in that cube and I can easily insert my hand and I use the “Japanese” sleeving methid:
View attachment 173570

We put doors on the bottom two shelves to prevent the bunny from gnawing on records:
View attachment 173571

Space is a little messy because of never ending kitchen Reno. Gate was to keep new kid away from tree at Christmas, left up to keep her away from the table.
What’s the Japanese sleeping method?

View attachment 173569

View attachment 173570

View attachment 173571

That damn guitar mounted on the wall above your TT gives me a panic attack everytime you post a picture.

Back