Vinyl Storage Recommendation

I ordered one of the new Ikea record player stands and it got here the other day. I quite like it! Suits my needs well. Has 6 leveling feet which is good for me since my floors aren't entirely flat. I will still keep my eye out for a nicer piece of furniture to eventually replace it with...but for now it'll do! now to figure out what to do with cable management....

I almost wish it had one more shelf where my amp is. I think that's meant to house more records, but then I don't have space to keep all my separates.

IMG_5347.JPG

I ordered one of the new Ikea record player stands and it got here the other day. I quite like it! Suits my needs well. Has 6 leveling feet which is good for me since my floors aren't entirely flat. I will still keep my eye out for a nicer piece of furniture to eventually replace it with...but for now it'll do! now to figure out what to do with cable management....

I almost wish it had one more shelf where my amp is. I think that's meant to house more records, but then I don't have space to keep all my separates.

View attachment 153925
Can the separates not be stacked on the bottom shelf?

View attachment 153925

Looking good Mike. I find a combination of felt cable wraps (to tie them all together) and the cable boxes to put the power strips and their plugs made a huge difference).

Can the separates not be stacked on the bottom shelf?

Yes! It looks like there is space and records on the shelf the amp is on would hide the cables even more!

I don’t love stacking the amp and preamp since both have venting on the top. Don’t necessarily need more space for albums there but may try stacking them to see how it looks.
They should be sufficiently spaced thanks to the feet, but if you're worried you could shim them a bit.

Looks like IKEA has discontinued the “walnut effect light grey” Kallax… I was hoping to buy a couple of matching 2x2s to flank my 5x5 😕.

Wondering whether a non-matching color would look ok next to it or not… anybody have thoughts or examples?

View attachment 153925
how do you like this? I'm looking for something about that size for my living room setup after my wife does some light rearranging of the room and this might be a good solution for us.

how do you like this? I'm looking for something about that size for my living room setup after my wife does some light rearranging of the room and this might be a good solution for us.
no complaints from me! has a good amount of record storage. easy to assemble. can't really hide the wires since there's no back on it, but i also like that it's NOT a kallax so at least doesn't really look like a typical Ikea piece of furniture.

I also think it would be pretty easy to put your own wooden shelves on it if you were so inclined and handy. the shelves come separate and screw into the metal frame on the bottom.

no complaints from me! has a good amount of record storage. easy to assemble. can't really hide the wires since there's no back on it, but i also like that it's NOT a kallax so at least doesn't really look like a typical Ikea piece of furniture.

I also think it would be pretty easy to put your own wooden shelves on it if you were so inclined and handy. the shelves come separate and screw into the metal frame on the bottom.
thanks for the feedback! I think this might be the solution until we decide on something else!

Where did you get them from @Joe Mac ?

Turntable revival in the states. Shipped them over using the Irish reship thing I use for parcels from there.

Back