Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Oh wait, @Joe Mac are you saying you keep the record in the actual sleeve/jacket? I have mine separate but in the same inner, just behind the sleeve. I then take the record out of the inner sleeve (which remains in the outer) along with the sleeve/jacket which I prop in front when listening. Like this...
I do the same. I also swap out the original sleeve with a MoFi inner sleeve after I vacuum clean the record. Sometimes, the old dirt will be resident in the old sleeve, so putting in a clean record would require a later re-cleaning. For decorative original sleeves, I just store those within the jacket.

I do the same. I also swap out the original sleeve with a MoFi inner sleeve after I vacuum clean the record. Sometimes, the old dirt will be resident in the old sleeve, so putting in a clean record would require a later re-cleaning. For decorative original sleeves, I just store those within the jacket.
I do the same with the original sleeves. When I get a record I clean, resleeve, clean the jacket and then put it all together in an outer sleeve. I also keep any paraphernalia that might come with the record in the sleeve as well, as long as it's just a single sheet or 2. I also do this with gig tickets as a nice reminder when I next go to listen to the record.

This is a good recent example, I bought the album and it had an old handbill/programme from a gig the group performed wedged in the back of the sleeve. So now the 'layers' are the original sleeve, the clean record in a fresh inner, the original inner, the flyer.

God, we're all weirdos aren't we?

IMG_7221.JPG

ha ha ha very normal

*backs out of thread*
tumblr_ltcftjmZFH1r4rcnno1_500.gif

Oh yeah I don’t do that behind the sleeve thing. It just feels wrong. I put them away inside the sleeve and take everything out. I I kinda like the routine and pageantry around it.
I’ve gone back to the @Joe Mac way after year of storing records out of the sleeves ..the space saving is huge ...also the new spincare crystal gatefold sleeves are great too

I've used Panmer previously, must have at least a 1000 from them. Always thought the where great until Scott Nangle sent me through a Crystal Clear sleeve, which I thought looked amazing.

I think I'll stick with Panmeer. I did look at the website & they have a much bigger range they used to. TBH can't tell what's what anymore. I think I'll need to order a few different options to figure out what I want :)
I was getting mine through Spincare - SPINCARE Vinyl Accessories - Vinyl Record Sleeve Covers & Accessories. As good as Panmer, which I used to get through Amazon.

I’ve gone back to the @Joe Mac way after year of storing records out of the sleeves ..the space saving is huge ...also the new spincare crystal gatefold sleeves are great too
I'm outside the sleeve, but I did that mainly for my move - thought that I'd have less chance of seam splits if I had the record in a poly inner outside of the sleeve in the same outer. So far, so good.

Ah good to hear someone else uses them. I always thought they were suspiciously cheap but if its down to them not being as clear as others im not too worried.

I use a stand when playing a record and typically pull the jacket from the outersleeve anyway so I can see it a bit clearer.
I use Panmer also. No complaints from here.

most of my records are stored in the sleeve and the records with beat up or smaller than expected outersleeves (that dont fit the new inner sleeves) are outside the sleeve. also special stuff like original pressings of 60+ year old records I store outside just to prevent anymore wear and tear on the outersleeve.

its all a case by case basis.

Back