Vinyl Storage Recommendation

My guess is you're L100's are fine, but I know how something like that can get in your head and make you nuts.. when the thought comes around, drink it off. Works for me.. lol.
That's pretty much the prescription yes. Part of it is that my system is NOT CHILL. It's super revealing to a fault so in a lot of cases I'll hear stuff that sounds, too sharp or wrong because it's picking up stuff I've never heard before, limitations of the original recording etc and I'll be like "IT'S BUZZING OH GOD I KNEW IT" and then I'll check it on headphones and he like "oh, those horns actually sound like that... stand down..." -opens pint can-

Guess that answers that question.. lol

Ya, moving a stack is a pain.. noticed that as well..
What I do Slim is when I order from Plaid Room, Paladin, etc I will get 50 or 100 outers and or inners thrown in the order and then do some albums accordingly. I have a lot of older, bargain bin, thrift records too. As long as things are not in direct sunlight and your not on the ocean I think you ok doing it incrementally.

What I do Slim is when I order from Plaid Room, Paladin, etc I will get 50 or 100 outers and or inners thrown in and then do some albums accordingly. I have a lot of older, bargain bin, thrift records too. As long as things are not in direct sunlight and your not on the ocean I think you ok doing it incrementally.
I see myself doing the same when I get these all caught up.. buy an album, wash it, sleeve it in and out, put it away. Its going to take me a while to get my collection all washed.. my collection isn't humungous, but sits at about 500 albums at this point.. averaging about 10-15 washes a day so far so looking at a month or two. They haven't had outer covers for 3 years so another month or so hopefully won't hurt. lol

I'm sure this has been answered, but the internet has made me lazy. And I'm asking on the internet so it's like meta-lazical.

Anyone have any good alternate to Sleeve City Ultimate Outer 2.5s? I've got plenty of 5.0s and hardly use them. I do have an order of 2.5s on the way but backorders have become crazy.

Any fellow UK folk have a view on what the best option for outer sleeves are? I struggle with shipping options or inflated local prices.

Any fellow UK folk have a view on what the best option for outer sleeves are? I struggle with shipping options or inflated local prices.
I use Panmer. I bought them when I was first starting to take the hobby a bit more seriously and wanted to protect my records, and settled on them because they were the cheapest I could find. Jump to however many years it's been and they all still seem fine so I have just continued down that route for the most part. I was planning on investing in some more expensive ones at some point but as I said, the Panmers I bought years back still seem to be ok.

If anyone knows some negative info about them that I dont, please let me know!

I use Panmer. I bought them when I was first starting to take the hobby a bit more seriously and wanted to protect my records, and settled on them because they were the cheapest I could find. Jump to however many years it's been and they all still seem fine so I have just continued down that route for the most part. I was planning on investing in some more expensive ones at some point but as I said, the Panmers I bought years back still seem to be ok.

If anyone knows some negative info about them that I dont, please let me know!

I've used Panmer previously, must have at least a 1000 from them. Always thought the where great until Scott Nangle sent me through a Crystal Clear sleeve, which I thought looked amazing.

I think I'll stick with Panmeer. I did look at the website & they have a much bigger range they used to. TBH can't tell what's what anymore. I think I'll need to order a few different options to figure out what I want :)

I've used Panmer previously, must have at least a 1000 from them. Always thought the where great until Scott Nangle sent me through a Crystal Clear sleeve, which I thought looked amazing.

I think I'll stick with Panmeer. I did look at the website & they have a much bigger range they used to. TBH can't tell what's what anymore. I think I'll need to order a few different options to figure out what I want :)
most of these companies will send you a few samples of each Andy. Worth asking.

Ah good to hear someone else uses them. I always thought they were suspiciously cheap but if its down to them not being as clear as others im not too worried.

I use a stand when playing a record and typically pull the jacket from the outersleeve anyway so I can see it a bit clearer.

I use a stand when playing a record and typically pull the jacket from the outersleeve anyway so I can see it a bit clearer.
If you had clearer sleeves, wouldn't need to pull it from the jacket! I store my albums behind the album jacket though for easy access. i have such a mix of sleeves now. Some of the crystal clear ones do look REALLY nice though and make the album art pop. If I'm going through my records and find an older hazy sleeve, I'll usually swap it out for new ones and use those older sleeves for records I sell.

If you had clearer sleeves, wouldn't need to pull it from the jacket! I store my albums behind the album jacket though for easy access. i have such a mix of sleeves now. Some of the crystal clear ones do look REALLY nice though and make the album art pop. If I'm going through my records and find an older hazy sleeve, I'll usually swap it out for new ones and use those older sleeves for records I sell.

Things exist to be used. Taking it out of the outer and taking the record out of the sleeve is all part of the ritual.

Things exist to be used. Taking it out of the outer and taking the record out of the sleeve is all part of the ritual.
not for me! i'm all about easy access. i've also had ringwear + warps from albums being stuffed into tight sleeves now so i store them behind the sleeve and haven't looked back since!

Im with @Joe Mac on this one I think. Especially with gatefolds, its nice to open it up to look at, even if its a glanse.

A lot of the outers that get mentioned on the forum are pretty pricey here in the UK. Even if I did want crystal clear sleeves, the price comparison with the cheapo ones I get is crazy higher.

Im with @Joe Mac on this one I think. Especially with gatefolds, its nice to open it up to look at, even if its a glanse.

A lot of the outers that get mentioned on the forum are pretty pricey here in the UK. Even if I did want crystal clear sleeves, the price comparison with the cheapo ones I get is crazy higher.
if it's a gatefold, I'll take it out occasionally. but i definitely don't look at the insides every time i spin an album.

i hear ya on the prices too. lucky here that there are so many options for relatively cheap with outers. i'm still searching for ones i like as much as the Sleeve City ones but I don't feel the need to have them all be the same brand or anything like that so i have quite a mixture of sleeves over the years.

not for me! i'm all about easy access. i've also had ringwear + warps from albums being stuffed into tight sleeves now so i store them behind the sleeve and haven't looked back since!
Oh wait, @Joe Mac are you saying you keep the record in the actual sleeve/jacket? I have mine separate but in the same inner, just behind the sleeve. I then take the record out of the inner sleeve (which remains in the outer) along with the sleeve/jacket which I prop in front when listening. Like this...

IMG_7201.JPG
IMG_7202.JPG

Oh wait, @Joe Mac are you saying you keep the record in the actual sleeve/jacket? I have mine separate but in the same inner, just behind the sleeve. I then take the record out of the inner sleeve (which remains in the outer) along with the sleeve/jacket which I prop in front when listening. Like this...

View attachment 134648
View attachment 134649

Oh yeah I don’t do that behind the sleeve thing. It just feels wrong. I put them away inside the sleeve and take everything out. I I kinda like the routine and pageantry around it.

Back