Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Edit: I'm covered now!
I'm looking for about 10-10" clear outer covers if anyone can help out, please pm.

Last edited:
Anyone have some ideas for record separator/deviders, in my case alphabetical, and a some categories ? Preferably DIY, home brew/cheap ? I have a 5x5 Expedit, and some bookshelf's for overflow.

Last edited:
Anyone have some ideas for record separators, in my case alphabetical, and a some categories ? Preferably DIY, home brew/cheap ? I have a 5x5 Expedit, and some bookshelf's for overflow.
There was a VMP DIY article to make dividers out of plywood. Seems like the article didn’t make it. I’m trying to find the original plans as I had saved them somewhere. They work well and give you flexibility to alphabetize as you wish.

5BEEC7CC-0EE9-443D-A94F-C28F10712322.jpeg

Anyone have some ideas for record separators, in my case alphabetical, and a some categories ? Preferably DIY, home brew/cheap ? I have a 5x5 Expedit, and some bookshelf's for overflow.
These are currently out of stock but might want to keep an eye out.

I don't have them labeled A to Z, just have band names for my bigger collections, a separate one for jazz, etc.

83859FD1-B364-4C98-874B-460C0814E98B.jpeg

Anyone have some ideas for record separator/deviders, in my case alphabetical, and a some categories ? Preferably DIY, home brew/cheap ? I have a 5x5 Expedit, and some bookshelf's for overflow.
I use the .30 thick polystyrene ones from Bags Unlimited. They have black or white and also thicker ones like a record store would have. They used to have ones with the letters already on it but they don't seem to anymore. I'm sure you could get vinyl letters from Micheal's or somewhere like that. I bought a white Sharpie to add band names to blank ones. This was the cheapest solution I could find at the time.

I'm curious how many of you store your albums in outer sleeves?

I've decided to go that route for a few reasons I guess. First is that it seems to make sense, considering what we all pay for some of these albums, to protect the covers from excessive wear pulling them in and out the shelves. Second, I like the way they look on the shelves with the outer covers. And lastly, at this point I am using it as a way to track which albums I have run through my new RCM. Clean the album, put it in an outer sleeve. Eventually they'll all be in outers but its going to take a while.

I'm curious how many of you store your albums in outer sleeves?

I've decided to go that route for a few reasons I guess. First is that it seems to make sense, considering what we all pay for some of these albums, to protect the covers from excessive wear pulling them in and out the shelves. Second, I like the way they look on the shelves with the outer covers. And lastly, at this point I am using it as a way to track which albums I have run through my new RCM. Clean the album, put it in an outer sleeve. Eventually they'll all be in outers but its going to take a while.
I do and for fairly similar reasons. Plus with our infants getting more mobile I imagine it’ll save the covers from little hands in the future. Only complaint is how difficult it can be to move a stack of albums.

Uhhh, I'd be more interested in who here doesn't?
Guess that answers that question.. lol
I do and for fairly similar reasons. Plus with our infants getting more mobile I imagine it’ll save the covers from little hands in the future. Only complaint is how difficult it can be to move a stack of albums.
Ya, moving a stack is a pain.. noticed that as well..

Oh dear sweet lord I just shreiked out loud on the subway.

Added bonus however, everyone is now moving away from me so thank you for this.
Ha!! My pleasure!! My dealer ordered me a replacement so it should be here soon. I was fine with the $250 he quoted me. Expensive, stupid mistake.. but fixed easily enough.

My dealer ordered me a replacement so it should be here soon. I was fine with the $250 he quoted me. Expensive, stupid mistake.. but fixed easily enough.
That's actually not bad. When I was doing my room correction I mistakenly had the gain too high and nuked one of my satellites, but before I did that I ran the same signal through the L100s and my surround centre channel. They seemed fine but I live in constant fear that did something to them. Good to know replacement parts are a fraction of the total cost...

Now granted if my centre channel didn't pop then I doubt the power loving L100s would have much of an issue but white noise at ear splitting volume isn't exactly ideal for speaker maintenance...

Back