Vinyl Storage Recommendation

I saw this post on Discogs and thought it was great use of the space...

I may see if my wife will go for it after I've filled up what I have already.

This is 6 2x2's

Can they hold the weight well?

I'm about to have a newly freed 2x2 that I was considering putting 2 seperate 1x2's on top of but was worried it would be too much.

Can they hold the weight well?

I'm about to have a newly freed 2x2 that I was considering putting 2 seperate 1x2's on top of but was worried it would be too much.
I would never comtemplate not securing a Kallax/Expedit to a wall, but I use larger units.

Ordered some walnut record ledges from Divider Records on Etsy, pretty pleased.

This would be a pretty trivial project for anyone with a decently equipped woodshop, but alas, I haven’t the tools.

Now to figure out what to do with that visual gap along the left side.

D26C7765-E7F7-411C-A7A9-3176D8934B8B.jpeg

Ordered some walnut record ledges from Divider Records on Etsy, pretty pleased.

This would be a pretty trivial project for anyone with a decently equipped woodshop, but alas, I haven’t the tools.

Now to figure out what to do with that visual gap along the left side.

View attachment 136088
Those look Rad! and Cozy!

ps Is that a old Spica TC-50 on top of your (R) Klipsch ?

For those of us in smaller apartments, sometimes it takes some creativity when it comes to storing vinyl and vinyl supplies. I grabbed a 1x2 on sale from Target and decided to put it in my kitchen to use as an RCM station with my HumminGuru on top, records to be cleaned on the first shelf, and new sleeves, distilled water, etc. on the bottom.

I'm still playing around with the setup but am glad I can leave my RCM out and not have to worry about pulling it out of the closet whenever I want to use it.

A8030A4C-A3A2-496F-BAA5-6379561F4659.jpeg

For those of us in smaller apartments, sometimes it takes some creativity when it comes to storing vinyl and vinyl supplies. I grabbed a 1x2 on sale from Target and decided to put it in my kitchen to use as an RCM station with my HumminGuru on top, records to be cleaned on the first shelf, and new sleeves, distilled water, etc. on the bottom.

I'm still playing around with the setup but am glad I can leave my RCM out and not have to worry about pulling it out of the closet whenever I want to use it.

View attachment 141454

Does the Target brand have the same customization ability as the Kallax? Maybe add a door for the bottom cube.

I'm not sure as I've never tried to do that but they are very similar to the IKEA cubes so I can't see why not?

I was curious about this as well a few days ago and found it through a google search since it is currently OOS and wont show up on Target.com through a search.. You can do the "notify me when its back in stock" option but i'm pretty sure the ikea, walmart and target ones are all exactly 13" so I don't see why they all wouldn't be interchangeable for this accessory at least.

Also, for the bigger versions in case anyone was looking to add extra durability and a backing I found out one 4x8 piece of plywood will be enough for both a 6 and 9 cube version which was the route I went to be able to hold off on a custom build. Pretty small investment for a big improvement imo.

I grabbed two of the Target 4x4 cubes today. $27.50 a piece in store. Pretty similar build quality to the Ikea ones.

The cubes are slightly bigger though. These are actually better for box sets than the Ikeas, so I might use one just for box sets. The In Rainbows box even fits the right way up in this one!

Back