Vinyl Storage Recommendation

I'm running out of room in my LPBIN and considering getting The Aficionado's 800 LP Organizer. Anyone have an experience with this?
Drive to Ikea, even if your a state away. Check stock first. Buy more records!

ps I usually fit about 75-80 records in each cube comfortably (with some double sets)

Huh, it seems like that's the go-to storage unit. Since Ikea is 30 miles away, I may grab one of these. Thanks all.
The Kallax is great, can recommend it without reservation if you're looking for affordable storage.

You may want to look into spacers of some sort to keep your records organized near the front of the unit. There are a couple of brands selling them, or you can hack your own pretty easily with hot glue and some wood trim, or pool noodles, or whatever.

Huh, it seems like that's the go-to storage unit. Since Ikea is 30 miles away, I may grab one of these. Thanks all.
Nice!, we have to drive hours. My only advice would be to go bigger if you have the space, budget as your likely to fill this one, one day. I got my Expedit 5x5 (previous name/model) over 15 years ago and it's still solid (after one breakdown/move/rebuild).

ps check online stock/color at the store before you go (from experience) and make sure you take all the correct multiple boxes. And hit the cafe when your there if it's safe, its a trip!

Last edited:
Nice!, we have to drive hours. My only advice would be to go bigger if you have the space, budget as your likely to fill this one, one day.

ps check online stock/color at the store before you go (from experience) an make sure you take all the correct multiple boxes. And hit the cafe when your there if it's safe, its a trip!
The cafe is closed at my local one. Don't know if that's a nation wide thing or not.

Inventory is a big problem with Ikea now so as you said, checking stock is highly recommend.

I can’t imagine what the cost would be for them to try to distribute FBs in Europe. I’m assuming he would have to get manufacturing set up there. There would be no easy way for him to transport enough there because it can’t be flat packed. It’s a shame because they really are great.
Not to mention getting one stateside involves waiting for months on end. He needs to shut the fuck up, there's no way he'd be able to meet additional demand.

Not to mention getting one stateside involves waiting for months on end. He needs to shut the fuck up, there's no way he'd be able to meet additional demand.

I think he gets a fair amount of goodwill around these parts because he was quite active on the old VMP forum and a lot of people around here ended up with them as a result.

From what I remember he was a pretty sound bloke to but he was also selling something so.

there seem to be quite a lot of the 33 in stock now? he seems nice enough to me. i messaged him to ask if he could let me know when they were back in stock and he did send me a personal email to let me know last time i ordered one.

there seem to be quite a lot of the 33 in stock now? he seems nice enough to me. i messaged him to ask if he could let me know when they were back in stock and he did send me a personal email to let me know last time i ordered one.
I suspect a good portion of those waiting died of old age. I waited from I think October last year to April or May of this year to get an Orange one.

I cannot say thank you enough for sharing this… I have been looking for a storage solution that would also give me office storage space, as I recently became a fully remote worker (yay!) and your post gave me the inspiration I was looking for.

Not going to copy your awesome set up, but found some Bestå options that worked great for an idea I had in mind for a floor-to-ceiling multi-functional storage solution. I’m thinking I may build a desk into it as well. Seriously, thank you.

Pictures to come…

I cannot say thank you enough for sharing this… I have been looking for a storage solution that would also give me office storage space, as I recently became a fully remote worker (yay!) and your post gave me the inspiration I was looking for.

Not going to copy your awesome set up, but found some Bestå options that worked great for an idea I had in mind for a floor-to-ceiling multi-functional storage solution. I’m thinking I may build a desk into it as well. Seriously, thank you.

Pictures to come…
No problem and good luck!!!

just make sure to secure it with enough support or those bestas will crumble down. Did you see the pictures I posted of the studs and the mounting brackets?

Tried to do a search on this here but came up short--- anyone have opinions on Can-Am cabinets.

Looking for lots of storage but something I could possibly put in the closet to make space in our apartment. Any thoughts?

Tried to do a search on this here but came up short--- anyone have opinions on Can-Am cabinets.

Looking for lots of storage but something I could possibly put in the closet to make space in our apartment. Any thoughts?
My only thought is that you’d want to be sure the structure of your home could support the weight! That thing must be very heavy to allow for a top drawer to be opened without the whole thing tipping over. Otherwise, looks cool (and expensive).

EDIT: I see the weights are included with descriptions for each unit—about 100 lbs. Plus the records. (I’m a bit sensitive to this issue since I recently had to have the center of my 100-year-old home jacked up about 5 inches!)

My only thought is that you’d want to be sure the structure of your home could support the weight! That thing must be very heavy to allow for a top drawer to be opened without the whole thing tipping over. Otherwise, looks cool (and expensive).

EDIT: I see the weights are included with descriptions for each unit—about 100 lbs. Plus the records. (I’m a bit sensitive to this issue since I recently had to have the center of my 100-year-old home jacked up about 5 inches!)
you could also put your tax filings in there

I think if you had a very valuable collection or had vinyl for radio/podcasts, archival etc I would think about it, but for 1K not practical for the average joe.

Back