Vinyl Storage Recommendation

My problem with the Kallax is that I am old and lazy. I hate getting on my knees to look for stuff in the bottom row, but at the same time you have to keep those cubes full for support.

Finally finished my wall. I had to sacrifice control of the rest of the house for this wall but it’s worth it. I mayyyyyyy add some stick wood sheets to the top and side so that it matches the frame.
34F7367A-B5A4-4EDF-BB63-31EC49FAF7AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Anybody have a recommendation for a small/short cabinet to put a turntable/preamp/amp on? Probably 2’-3’ wide at most. Trying to figure out where to put my setup in my living room but it’s a strange layout. There’s a fireplace in the center of one wall, then some wall space (2’ on one side and 3.5’ on the other) then door frames on either side. Was going to put the speakers on either side of the fireplace but not sure where to put the amp/TT then!

pic for reference. Ignore current placement of most of this stuff haha
0EE81ED1-FB16-4E94-924E-DBB5DED40E63.jpeg

Anybody have a recommendation for a small/short cabinet to put a turntable/preamp/amp on? Probably 2’-3’ wide at most. Trying to figure out where to put my setup in my living room but it’s a strange layout. There’s a fireplace in the center of one wall, then some wall space (2’ on one side and 3.5’ on the other) then door frames on either side. Was going to put the speakers on either side of the fireplace but not sure where to put the amp/TT then!

View attachment 106415
I would scour the local Craigslists, FB, and the thrift stores to see if you can find something suitable and affordable first Mike. Lovely space. You could go Ikea as well if it fits your needs, tastes, waf, etc.

View attachment 106415

Given I know you like your vintage/mid century stuff maybe hunt antique shops/online for something like this. Obviously not this one as it’s in Europe but something similar. It wouldn’t even need to be hifi/media furniture per se as once it’s around 50cm or above wide you could sit the amp, phono stage and streamer hidden inside it and sit the the turntable on top, you’d just have to drill a couple of holes in the back of it for cable management.

Here’s a question though with your positioning, will you be allowed to run the speaker cable in sight across fhe front of the fireplace 😂. If you are and you’re committed to it, or are going to hide it, I’d put the cabinet, or whatever you settle on, roughly where you have the turntable now and just run a cable over to the left speaker.

Last edited:
Back