Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Given I know you like your vintage/mid century stuff maybe hunt antique shops/online for something like this. Obviously not this one as it’s in Europe but something similar. It wouldn’t even need to be hifi/media furniture per se as once it’s around 50cm or above wide you could sit the amp, phono stage and streamer hidden inside it and sit the the turntable on top, you’d just have to drill a couple of holes in the back of it for cable management.

Here’s a question though with your positioning, will you be allowed to run the speaker cable in sight across fhe front of the fireplace 😂. If you are and you’re committed to it though or are going to hide I’d put the cabinet, or whatever you settle on, roughly where you have the turntable now and just run a cable over to the left speaker.

Yea that might be the best plan of attack between what you and @JohnnyCashFan said. I’m quite good at finding some antique furniture but just need something with multiple shelves. Wasn’t sure if anything that looks good exists new but was having trouble finding any.

I love this room but the layout is just so strange with all the doorways. My current speaker cables aren’t long enough but I’m guessing I’ll run the cable over the mantle place and down the other side. I think the cabinet you recommended (or something similar) is something my wife will get behind haha. Can hide away the DAC/preamp/amp or “boxes” as she calls them 😂😂

I may swap these KEFs for Lintons at some point but not trying to push my luck right now!

Yea that might be the best plan of attack between what you and @JohnnyCashFan said. I’m quite good at finding some antique furniture but just need something with multiple shelves. Wasn’t sure if anything that looks good exists new but was having trouble finding any.

I love this room but the layout is just so strange with all the doorways. My current speaker cables aren’t long enough but I’m guessing I’ll run the cable over the mantle place and down the other side. I think the cabinet you recommended (or something similar) is something my wife will get behind haha. Can hide away the DAC/preamp/amp or “boxes” as she calls them 😂😂

I may swap these KEFs for Lintons at some point but not trying to push my luck right now!

Yeah looking at the size of your boxes one like that with the two shelves would probably be perfect as you could put the big old amp in the bottom on its own and the two smaller ones on the top shelf. If you’re handy enough, or have a friend/family member to call on just use a spade drill bit to put a cable management hole for each shelf to get the cables in/out at the back.

I’ve found a few really nice modern hifi stands, I really like my own wood and etched glass one, but the majority, a bit like gear itself, are functional and big and dark but not particularly pretty!

Hahaha! The Lintons would fit in with your style perfectly, but you’re probably right to go one step at a time 😂

Last edited:
Anybody have a recommendation for a small/short cabinet to put a turntable/preamp/amp on? Probably 2’-3’ wide at most. Trying to figure out where to put my setup in my living room but it’s a strange layout. There’s a fireplace in the center of one wall, then some wall space (2’ on one side and 3.5’ on the other) then door frames on either side. Was going to put the speakers on either side of the fireplace but not sure where to put the amp/TT then!

pic for reference. Ignore current placement of most of this stuff haha
View attachment 106415
Could you put the speakers at the front corners of the black tile? Then you could fit a cabinet of some kind to the right of the fireplace with your gear. My layout isn’t much different.

32C48336-F516-459F-8978-647460C0C5B2.jpeg

Could you put the speakers at the front corners of the black tile? Then you could fit a cabinet of some kind to the right of the fireplace with your gear. My layout isn’t much different.

View attachment 106472
Not a bad idea. I’ll mess around with it a bit more! Part of me likes them being further apart but maybe I don’t need that much toe in.

Not a bad idea. I’ll mess around with it a bit more! Part of me likes them being further apart but maybe I don’t need that much toe in.
Yeah my arrangement isn’t ideal—not very far apart and quite close to the back wall (though the Harbeths don’t have a rear port)—but it’s a great set-up for near-field listening.

In wall is so classy. Remember when old stereo components were in wall ?
if you ever visit the old Gross Pointe Ford estate, Edsel Ford incorporated auto ideas/finishes in Art Deco room design- radios were put in the walls of the kid's rooms, hidden in the wall panels and coffee tables. it mirrored the first dash radios that appeared in the deluxe Model A a year later. I always loved that.

Last edited:
Back