Vinyl Storage Recommendation

The problem I see is some people live in older homes with uneven or slanted floors for example and that may put weight distribution stress on a unmounted even 2x4.

Someone also mentioned putting there turntable on top of the 2x4. Never a bad a idea to have a little extra isolation for the table. Many here use the $20 Ikea bamboo butcher block.

Yes a modern apartment with concrete floors certainly helps me with everything in this hobby!

I had my 2x4 upright until recently, and like Joe it was rock solid. Moved it an placed it on its side and realised it was missing one of the screws on the bottom! Not ideal, but it still worked!
"Could be" they made the newer models slightly more stable as well ?

"Could be" they made the newer models slightly more stable as well ?

Don’t see how. It’s such a simple design and the dimensions have been constant since the change from Expedit to Kallax. The first one of my three, bought about 8 years ago is identical and didn’t feel any different putting it together when compared to the last bought about 2 years ago.

Did you go get it custom cut to fit or cut it yourself? What did you use to fasten it the back?

I went to Home Depot and had them cut it to the dimensions of the Kallax. There was a slight overage on the height so I placed that at the bottom. Fastened with nails, but you could use would glue first then nails. I also stained the plywood first.
The next time around, I’m going to shorten the dimensions by 1/4 of inch so there’s no overage.

The Kallax project continues. Had to turn a 4x1 into a 3.5x1 to keep my OCD spouse happy (don’t worry, she won’t ever see that bottom right bracket 😆). Very nearly destroyed it in the process since stupid me didn’t even bother to think that the reason the shelves are so light might be because they’re made of cardboard. Anyway, after a brief heart attack I managed to pull it off. I’m now left with a small 4 inch opening on the bottom that I can keep a box with the obis and hype stickers in. Added brackets in the back to keep it all taught and am currently in the process of cutting up some baseboard and using it to serve as spacers. Fun project overall! Don’t mind the mess, still deep into a whole home move.
67954EB0-ED08-4414-B836-CD6CDCBFC347.jpeg

Last edited:
The Kallax project continues. Had to turn a 4x1 into a 3.5x1 to keep my OCD spouse happy (don’t worry, she won’t ever see that bottom right bracket 😆). Very nearly destroyed it in the process since stupid me didn’t even bother to think that the reason the shelves are so light might be because they’re made of cardboard. Anyway, after a brief heart attack I managed to pull it off. I’m now left with a small 4 inch opening on the bottom that I can keep a box with the obis and hype stickers in. Added brackets in the back to keep it all taught and am currently in the process of cutting up some baseboard and using it to serve as spacers. Fun project overall! Don’t mind the mess, still deep into a whole home move.
View attachment 104063
I know the tv is attached to the wall but I started to have heart palpitations. In the picture it looks like it is balanced on the 2 speakers just sitting there above the turntable.

I know the tv is attached to the wall but I started to have heart palpitations. In the picture it looks like it is balanced on the 2 speakers just sitting there above the turntable.
Lol, it is in fact attached to the wall and the speakers fit perfectly underneath it. Well, at least the left speaker does, there’s a cm gap between the right speaker and the TV which means the TV is hung just a little bit crooked. Something nobody but me will notice but will drive me absolutely insane.

Lol, it is in fact attached to the wall and the speakers fit perfectly underneath it. Well, at least the left speaker does, there’s a cm gap between the right speaker and the TV which means the TV is hung just a little bit crooked. Something nobody but me will notice but will drive me absolutely insane.
Don't get me started on how my left and right speaker are not equal distances from the edge of my screen. It might actually be the thing that kills me.

How could the OCD spouse not notice that? 😂

It was hung last night. She hasn’t noticed yet but I’m sure it won’t take long. I’ve got a bandaid fix in mind but I’m gonna wait for her to notice so that I can get the credit for fixing it. 😝
“I’m headed out for girls night!”
Tys1: *grip tightens around hacksaw*

Back