Vinyl Storage Recommendation

soo looking for an alternative to sleeve city bags

i'm thinking about sleevie wonder resealable because i like the fact that with a resealable there is no opening seal on them.. but they are in low thickness (what is a good thickness for sleeves from boxsets to LPs) and polypropeline (which is apparently not as good as polyethylene) so that might be a bad idea

mofi bags are always good BUUUT they are not sealable and expensive (i do like the feel of polyethylene though).. any tips since im literally out of bags and i dunno what to do now
Check out ClearBags. Their BLP1NF (for single album sleeves) and BLPDNF (for gatefolds) sleeves are great.

Check out ClearBags. Their BLP1NF (for single album sleeves) and BLPDNF (for gatefolds) sleeves are great.

will check out.. but it also seems like i would have to know how many records are going to be double LPs and how many will be singles to make sure they fit (including oversized gatefolds and singles)

will check out.. but it also seems like i would have to know how many records are going to be double LPs and how many will be singles to make sure they fit (including oversized gatefolds and singles)
Well, at some point just ordering 100 of each becomes the reasonable approach, but until then, I suppose you could just order the (slightly) larger of the two and use them for all your records.

well i couldn't do that because i didn't have my credit card with me. and in the end decided to go polyethylene and mofi sleeves (which are SURPRISINGLY cheap for polyethylene 4mil)

Well, at some point just ordering 100 of each becomes the reasonable approach, but until then, I suppose you could just order the (slightly) larger of the two and use them for all your records.
I think I'll end up going this route, although I still want the inners from SC..........I'll miss my 5mil sleeves, but SC current issues are not working for me.

Question, and I know the media is frowned upon, lol. But what's everyone using for CD storage as far as a "bookcase" type unit? I was going to go with the tall single column Ikea piece, but they've discontinued it unfortunately. I'm not looking for mass storage, but something that will hold around 300-ish would be ideal.

Question, and I know the media is frowned upon, lol. But what's everyone using for CD storage as far as a "bookcase" type unit? I was going to go with the tall single column Ikea piece, but they've discontinued it unfortunately. I'm not looking for mass storage, but something that will hold around 300-ish would be ideal.

Oh I’m using exactly that IKEA shelf 😂

Better not buy many more CDs then lol!

If you have a Kallax, Ikea makes a shelf/divider now. I think you can fit 40 jewel cases per shelf so 80 a cube
I'd like to see what that looks like, but it seems either that you'd only use part (front) of the kallax cube space, which would be waste of potential storage for LP's, OR you be storing rows of CD's behind other CD's to utilize the full space, and neither option strikes me as ideal.

I've never found the single-width CD towers to be stable enough to work for me. I found a couple of these at a thrift store, and I like that while they hold quite a few CD's, they're only as deep as the CD's, so relatively speaking, they don't take up any more space than they need to. I suppose it's the equivalent of a 4x6 kallax for CD's. Wish I could point to a link where such shelves can be found, but I suspect something like this is out there.

CDshelf.jpg

I've never found the single-width CD towers to be stable enough to work for me. I found a couple of these at a thrift store, and I like that while they hold quite a few CD's, they're only as deep as the CD's, so relatively speaking, they don't take up any more space than they need to. I suppose it's the equivalent of a 4x6 kallax for CD's. Wish I could point to a link where such shelves can be found, but I suspect something like this is out there.

View attachment 91847

Oh my three are totally drilled back in the wall the the little metal u connectors between each one as well!

I'd like to see what that looks like, but it seems either that you'd only use part (front) of the kallax cube space, which would be waste of potential storage for LP's, OR you be storing rows of CD's behind other CD's to utilize the full space, and neither option strikes me as ideal.
Yes you would really only be using the front half of the cube. I would rather do that for the uniformity look, instead of thinner cd units beside 13in deep kallaxes.

Right now I am using the kallax drawers which hold about 160 cds per unit. But of course you cannot see them and need to open the draw to find a title. First world problems.

I have a couple ideas. If you go the Kallax route, maybe you can put a router or something in the back half of the shelves so you can say you're not wasting the space. It's not much, but maybe it's something. Oh, who am I kidding? It's nothing!

You might want to check around for local stores or carpenters that can do up a custom unit. That's what I did for my DVDs. I found a place in downtown Norwood that builds a variety of furniture to order. Actually, I pointed to a DVD case in raw wood, and they stained it for me.

Back