Vinyl Storage Recommendation

How do people remember the order of artists catalogues? Unless you know the artists career inside out obviously. I’m thinking I might get some small round stickers for the poly sleeves to put in the bottom corner to denote the album number?
I don't. And I don't find it burdensome to find the record I'm looking for when they're sorted by artist, but if the Discogs sort is by first name (similar to iTunes), that's a nonstarter for me.

What about when record stores have them in that order as well?

The only one I ever came across that did that was Andy’s records in the U.K. when I was a kid. Used to drive me mad, would forever be confused as to why Jeff Buckley was next to Jeff Beck rather than Tim Buckley! They’re no longer in business. A coincidence?

The only one I ever came across that did that was Andy’s records in the U.K. when I was a kid. Used to drive me mad, would forever be confused as to why Jeff Buckley was next to Jeff Beck rather than Tim Buckley! They’re no longer in business. A coincidence?
Van Morrison, under M or V?

I have a friend with a CD collection and he refuses to drop "The" when sorting, so The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, The Who, The Zombies etc... are all in one grouping...........makes me want to pull out what little hair I have left.

Got some Clear Bags in this weekend. They aren’t quite as nice as Sleeve City’s but not too bad either! They are really crystal clear looking which is nice.
Link? I may have to look beyond Sleeve City shortly.........not happy about it, but they're not really helping matters.

Link? I may have to look beyond Sleeve City shortly.........not happy about it, but they're not really helping matters.
I got the 2 mil/no flap ones to test them out. They have tons of other options though. I think the 2 mil sleeve city ones feel nicer but part of me just might be more used to Sleeve City’s. I just couldn’t keep waiting on Sleeve City.

I got the 2 mil/no flap ones to test them out. They have tons of other options though. I think the 2 mil sleeve city ones feel nicer but part of me just might be more used to Sleeve City’s. I just couldn’t keep waiting on Sleeve City.

Part of me understands and part of me just doesn't, but I have albums I haven't even opened and cleaned because I'm out of stuff..........my biggest issue is my OCD is going to go into overdrive because my entire collection is in 5mil SC sleeves :eek:

Part of me understands and part of me just doesn't, but I have albums I haven't even opened and cleaned because I'm out of stuff..........my biggest issue is my OCD is going to go into overdrive because my entire collection is in 5mil SC sleeves :eek:
Yea--I had a similar situation where I was buying new records and wasn't opening and cleaning them all since i had no sleeves left. And since I'm in the process of moving, wanted to sleeve everything up. I don't have everything in the same sleeves though so it didn't bother me as much. It's sad that Sleeve City has been so backed up. Hoping they get everything back on track soon.

Yea--I had a similar situation where I was buying new records and wasn't opening and cleaning them all since i had no sleeves left. And since I'm in the process of moving, wanted to sleeve everything up. I don't have everything in the same sleeves though so it didn't bother me as much. It's sad that Sleeve City has been so backed up. Hoping they get everything back on track soon.
How do the dbl lp sleeves fit on single lps, are they ok or a little too big?

How do the dbl lp sleeves fit on single lps, are they ok or a little too big?
The ones I got are a little big for single LPs and i store the vinyl in a MoFi inner behind the album sleeve. They aren't snug. For example, since i know you have this album, the Adrianne Lenker songs + instrumentals album isn't even really snug with the 2 records behind the album in the sleeve. I'd say they are better for 2xLPs or gatefolds. They might have thinner ones for single LPs though.

Sleeve City are definitely better.

The ones I got are a little big for single LPs and i store the vinyl in a MoFi inner behind the album sleeve. They aren't snug. For example, since i know you have this album, the Adrianne Lenker songs + instrumentals album isn't even really snug with the 2 records behind the album in the sleeve. I'd say they are better for 2xLPs or gatefolds. They might have thinner ones for single LPs though.

Sleeve City are definitely better.
They have single LP ones that work great. I have both.

Back