Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Sleeve City Update:

"Thank you for contacting us. The container has arrived in the US, however there has been a number of delays in receiving our shipment due to the pandemic and congestion on the coast with incoming freight. Barring any future delays, we hope to have the products in stock within the next 5-7 business days. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. Your patience is much appreciated."

Sleeve City Update:

"Thank you for contacting us. The container has arrived in the US, however there has been a number of delays in receiving our shipment due to the pandemic and congestion on the coast with incoming freight. Barring any future delays, we hope to have the products in stock within the next 5-7 business days. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. Your patience is much appreciated."
What items are you waiting on, pray tell?

What items are you waiting on, pray tell?
Inners and outers.............and I ran out quite a while ago with this extended wait. The cleaning pile is getting kind of big, lol

I think we're going to forgo the 5mil outers sleeves at this point and grab some from Clear Bags that @MikeH recommended............I can't give up the SC inner sleeves though, so once I get a shipping confirmation I'll have to stock up on those right away.

Inners and outers.............and I ran out quite a while ago with this extended wait. The cleaning pile is getting kind of big, lol

I think we're going to forgo the 5mil outers sleeves at this point and grab some from Clear Bags that @MikeH recommended............I can't give up the SC inner sleeves though, so once I get a shipping confirmation I'll have to stock up on those right away.
Curious to hear your thoughts if ya pick them up. Not as nice as sleeve city but I just gave up on SC. I’ll eventually go back to sleeve city outers. MoFi inners have been my go tos and the Hudson ones are now my go-to for the foreseeable future since I got 500 of them haha

I use this dedicated for LPs:

IMG_20210127_141953.jpgIMG_20210127_152437.jpg

For additional LPs I also use this red trunk and for those in process of cleaning, for instance, these suitcases below the bureau where I store classical CDs/SACDs.

IMG_20210127_141946.jpgIMG_20201003_150716.jpg
The rest of CDs/DVDs/BRs, in a couple of a dedicated IKEA closets in the corridor

IMG_20210317_192908.jpg

Last edited:

Do the Clear Bags outers fit double LPs like the SCs?

Do the Clear Bags outers fit double LPs like the SCs?
Doesn't look like it, they have 2 sizes, one for single albums one for dbl

Doesn't look like it, they have 2 sizes, one for single albums one for dbl
Right. The 12 15/16 x 12 15/16 will fit double/gatefold albums and of course also will fit single albums, but the 12 5/8 x 12 5/8 offer a much better fit for most single albums.

Thinking about built-ins in my family room but man, that is a lot of work and lumber is crazy right now. The shelf I'm currently using is definitely sagging so I have to do something asap. I'll be needing storage for 1000+ records, plus collection expansion.
Aside from Kallax and building something, I haven't seen many other solutions. Then, just today this came up on my Insta feed.
Has anyone seen these before?

Edit: After reading more, it appears that the largest unit would only hold around 1K, based on 16 cubes at 60 records each

Thinking about built-ins in my family room but man, that is a lot of work and lumber is crazy right now. The shelf I'm currently using is definitely sagging so I have to do something asap. I'll be needing storage for 1000+ records, plus collection expansion.
Aside from Kallax and building something, I haven't seen many other solutions. Then, just today this came up on my Insta feed.
Has anyone seen these before?

Edit: After reading more, it appears that the largest unit would only hold around 1K, based on 16 cubes at 60 records each
I went with a company called Lundia. The first photo below is from some random website to give you an idea of what their shelving looks like. It's kind of expensive, and the shelves pictured here will sag under the weight, so you have to request their heavy duty shelves, which are a full 1-1/2 inches thick. Nice thing about these is that they're completely customizable in terms of height and width, and you can connect them to each other. I've also included a photo of my Lundia shelves.

lundia.jpg

lundia3.jpg

I went with a company called Lundia. The first photo below is from some random website to give you an idea of what their shelving looks like. It's kind of expensive, and the shelves pictured here will sag under the weight, so you have to request their heavy duty shelves, which are a full 1-1/2 inches thick. Nice thing about these is that they're completely customizable in terms of height and width, and you can connect them to each other. I've also included a photo of my Lundia shelves.

View attachment 94034

View attachment 94045

Those look really nice.

It’s also hard for me not to consider a 5 x 5 Kallax for 180 bucks.

Back