Vinyl Storage Recommendation

And there's the rub, there are definitely better looking, "better" built storage solutions, but it's hard to beat the Kallax cost ;)
I might go Kallax until I can get my head around a better solution. Unless people have stories about the 5 x 5 collapsing or something.
I'll mount it to the wall for sure.

I might go Kallax until I can get my head around a better solution. Unless people have stories about the 5 x 5 collapsing or something.
The majority of people who have collapsing issues are those who don't read the instructions. Wall mounted, with an extra row on top (also wall mounted), not going anywhere ;)
20210213_232123.jpg

The majority of people who have collapsing issues are those who don't read the instructions. Wall mounted, with an extra row on top (also wall mounted), not going anywhere ;)
View attachment 94104
I studied your pic yesterday as I went through this thread. I'm guessing you went 4x4 instead of 5x5 because you lacked the available space?
Approximately how many records fit in what you have there?
I already have a 4x1 and so maybe I'd just get a 4x4 and do the exact same thing you have going on there.

The collapsing Kallax at 5x5 and 4x4 are because of people not reading the instructions and placing the long boards vertically. Once they are horizontal the things are really solid once they’re loaded.

The collapsing Kallax at 5x5 and 4x4 are because of people not reading the instructions and placing the long boards vertically. Once they are horizontal the things are really solid once they’re loaded.
Good to know....seems logical, but it's good to hear it from people with experience with them.

I studied your pic yesterday as I went through this thread. I'm guessing you went 4x4 instead of 5x5 because you lacked the available space?
I already have a 4x1 and so maybe I'd just get a 4x4 and do the exact same thing you have going on there.
Oddly enough, the 5x5 was not available at my Ikea, like, they didn't stock it for some reason.

Sorry, forgot the second part of your question, this is about 800-ish.

Oddly enough, the 5x5 was not available at my Ikea, like, they didn't stock it for some reason.
I didn't check stock at my local Ikea, I should probably do that before I get too committed.
And I know I'll have to cut out the appropriate length of floor molding so it can get right up against the wall.

Flipbins are up for preorder. You can preorder the color you’d like and they will make them it seems!

Good afternoon!

I hope everyone's starting to feel a little less stressed and spring fever has got you all ready to move on from 2020! I know I am!

Many of you have asked to be notified when I've re-stocked. We're still a little ways out (the typical turnaround, start to finish, is roughly 4-6 wks) but it's progress and my partners are working on 'em as I type this! There's a lot of steps (and I'll bore you with 'em if you want to know more!) but I'm expecting delivery by the end of April at which point I'll start fulfilling pre-orders in the order in which they're received.

To help me determine color quantities for my powder coating team (aka, the paint guys!) I'd like to turn pre-orders on. This step is a huge help - figuring out how many to produce and getting the color quantities correct is challenging, and having a sense of those numbers really helps me be more efficient - no small thing for a small shop (and a guy who is kind of random and not the most efficient guy you know:)

I know it might seem a long way off, and trust me, I am not good at waiting (!!!) but I'm going to go ahead and enable this on the shop so we're at least moving forward!

So, starting today at 2PM CST you'll be able to place pre-orders! I should be shipping by end of April and will keep everyone in the loop if there are delays! If you have any questions or just want to chat, just reply to this email and I'll follow-up.

Thanks for all your support - if you can't tell, I love these little guys and all of you who've supported or shown interest in flipbin, and couldn't do it without you!

Have a great weekend!

Flipbins are up for preorder. You can preorder the color you’d like and they will make them it seems!

Good afternoon!

I hope everyone's starting to feel a little less stressed and spring fever has got you all ready to move on from 2020! I know I am!

Many of you have asked to be notified when I've re-stocked. We're still a little ways out (the typical turnaround, start to finish, is roughly 4-6 wks) but it's progress and my partners are working on 'em as I type this! There's a lot of steps (and I'll bore you with 'em if you want to know more!) but I'm expecting delivery by the end of April at which point I'll start fulfilling pre-orders in the order in which they're received.

To help me determine color quantities for my powder coating team (aka, the paint guys!) I'd like to turn pre-orders on. This step is a huge help - figuring out how many to produce and getting the color quantities correct is challenging, and having a sense of those numbers really helps me be more efficient - no small thing for a small shop (and a guy who is kind of random and not the most efficient guy you know:)

I know it might seem a long way off, and trust me, I am not good at waiting (!!!) but I'm going to go ahead and enable this on the shop so we're at least moving forward!

So, starting today at 2PM CST you'll be able to place pre-orders! I should be shipping by end of April and will keep everyone in the loop if there are delays! If you have any questions or just want to chat, just reply to this email and I'll follow-up.

Thanks for all your support - if you can't tell, I love these little guys and all of you who've supported or shown interest in flipbin, and couldn't do it without you!

Have a great weekend!

I wish they had European distribution. I’d love a couple of each size (and 10” would be awesome too) to free up Kallax space taken up my singles and EPs but the shipping cost is mental.

I wish they had European distribution. I’d love a couple of each size (and 10” would be awesome too) to free up Kallax space taken up my singles and EPs but the shipping cost is mental.
Hmmm, shipping for two of each would be free in the US. Any idea what the real cost of shipping from the US to Dublin would be (not the amount flipbin charges)?

Hmmm, shipping for two of each would be free in the US. Any idea what the real cost of shipping from the US to Dublin would be (not the amount flipbin charges)?

Honestly I’d be shocked if it was less then they are charging given the size and weight. The quote is for USPS. It’s just hard to justify paying double the list price for one!

Good afternoon!

Have a great weekend!
I think I’m finally going to grab a flip bin - anyone know if there’s a promo code floating around out there? @Lee Newman ??

Hhv used to be the exclusive retailer , they don't have any right now but you can always contact them to see what their plan is...shipping might still be mental to Ireland though.

I have a wood "flip bin" thanks to @BazookaTooth which is basically this one:

I think that sort of thing is easily available and fairly affordable and I have absolutely no complaints.

Back