Vinyl Storage Recommendation

@duke86fan Do you have 3 separate units in that picture or 2? I believe that you’ll want to have them make the dimensions about 1/4 of inch shorter on each side. When I did my 2 Kallax units there was a little bit of overage, but it still worked out. It will stabilize your shelves.

@duke86fan Do you have 3 separate units in that picture or 2? I believe that you’ll want to have them make the dimensions about 1/4 of inch shorter on each side. When I did my 2 Kallax units there was a little bit of overage, but it still worked out. It will stabilize your shelves.
yeah

a 1X2
a 2X2 next to it

and a 3X3 on top.. the on top is what im more nervous about because of the weight.. though thankfully after about 2 hours it hasn't broken yet

@duke86fan I would definitely take @Ginormousthumbs advise ;)

yeah

a 1X2
a 2X2 next to it

and a 3X3 on top.. the on top is what im more nervous about because of the weight.. though thankfully after about 2 hours it hasn't broken yet
You should go from the bottom up as well. Fill the bottom ones first because that will make it more stable/make it less likely to tip over for now.

You should go from the bottom up as well. Fill the bottom ones first because that will make it more stable/make it less likely to tip over for now.
ok thank you... but tipping over is not the fear at all

the fear is so much weight its going to crack and destroy one of the 2

ok thank you... but tipping over is not the fear at all

the fear is so much weight its going to crack and destroy one of the 2
Should be less likely to fail than a normal 4x3 since you have the two thicker vertical supports in the middle, as long as it is stable. As they said above, putting backs on (or even a single back that is ti d into all three) would help both with stability and strength, though.

Should be less likely to fail than a normal 4x3 since you have the larger vertical supports in the middle, as long as it is stable. As they said above, putting backs on would help both with stability and strength, though.
will do.. but when you said backs do you mean like a rear cover on the shelve.. or is there another explaination because i was thinking something like putting even MORE wood on the bottom which sounds more likely to put too much weight on the top

will do.. but when you said backs do you mean like a rear cover on the shelve.. or is there another explaination because i was thinking something like putting even MORE wood on the bottom which sounds more likely to put too much weight on the top
Yeah, you put a back on with plywood and then put nails all around the perimeter and in each shelf and upright.

Here is what I have done with all of mine with the thinnest flexible plywood they have at Lowe's. Thicker plywood would be stronger but also heavier and doesn't seem necessary. Spacers optional of course.

Interesting. Are people cutting a slit in the pool noodles and sliding it on the back?

Here's what I did in case anyone is curious. Maybe took 30 min other than waiting for the spray paint to dry?

View attachment 88564

View attachment 88561

Here's my full 2x4 that I did the same way:

View attachment 88562

i mentioned the backing to my dad... he said we'll think about it.. because we dunno if we will do it but he said maybe... also after like 8 hours nothing has broken even though the top has basically been filled for the whole time... i dunno if adding record to the bottom will break it but it seems unlikely

M
i mentioned the backing to my dad... he said we'll think about it.. because we dunno if we will do it but he said maybe... also after like 8 hours nothing has broken even though the top has basically been filled for the whole time... i dunno if adding record to the bottom will break it but it seems unlikely

You’re far too young to worry.

soo looking for an alternative to sleeve city bags

i'm thinking about sleevie wonder resealable because i like the fact that with a resealable there is no opening seal on them.. but they are in low thickness (what is a good thickness for sleeves from boxsets to LPs) and polypropeline (which is apparently not as good as polyethylene) so that might be a bad idea

mofi bags are always good BUUUT they are not sealable and expensive (i do like the feel of polyethylene though).. any tips since im literally out of bags and i dunno what to do now

soo looking for an alternative to sleeve city bags

i'm thinking about sleevie wonder resealable because i like the fact that with a resealable there is no opening seal on them.. but they are in low thickness (what is a good thickness for sleeves from boxsets to LPs) and polypropeline (which is apparently not as good as polyethylene) so that might be a bad idea

mofi bags are always good BUUUT they are not sealable and expensive (i do like the feel of polyethylene though).. any tips since im literally out of bags and i dunno what to do now
🤣

I think it’s more the name being pretty funny tbf.
ok then... now i just need to know if polypropylene and only 2 or 3 ml is worth having a seal (less OCD) compared to a more expensive 4 mil polyethylene

Back