Vinyl Storage Recommendation

ok, well if you've been following my posts on the front page you'd see I've been on quite a journey.

Everything is fixed and oriented properly on the Expedit I've inherited. Now though, I've noticed this slight gap on the second row from the top where the horizontal boards meets the outside boards and their pegs. Now they're not fully out, you can just see some of the peg. I can slam it back in place, but then it leave the left side with the same issue.

Any ideas for a fix? I just ordered some corner brackets for extra security on the top and sides of the shelf. Do you think that'll solve this issue? is it even an issue? Kallax/Expedit shelves that I have setup around the apartment range from 1x4, 2x4 and 2x2 and they all have a slight "wobble" to them despite knowing full well I built them correctly

so do the dowels stick out because the wood is misformed ?

how big is the joint you're seeing? is it like 1/4" or 1/4 cm

so do the dowels stick out because the wood is misformed ?

how big is the joint you're seeing? is it like 1/4" or 1/4 cm
it's 1/8" of a gap I can measure with a ruler.
I know I sound like a broken record idiot at this poimt my but I think even a partial back would fix all those problems.

I can't remember, do these ones use the wooden pegs for the shelves? Or just the cam lock screws? You can wood glue those wooden dowels in easily, which might serve to be a solution to that gap if you can put enough pressure on it (or just turn it sideways again) to effectively clamp it. That would be easier. The 1x4 I just did don't have any wooden pegs, but I can't remember if that has changed or is different between different sizes.

I have found that side to side wobble is definitely normal on all my ikea furniture, especially if I don't wood glue the dowels. That has helped some on the pieces I bothered to do that with.

I think a backing board is something I would have to do in the future as I dont have easy access to a car. I will definitely do it though and can start getting it down in the books. Lock screws on the top and bottoms, wooden dowels for the rest of the parts.

I think a backing board is something I would have to do in the future as I dont have easy access to a car. I will definitely do it though and can start getting it down in the books. Lock screws on the top and bottoms, wooden dowels for the rest of the parts.
Well if you can find some way to keep the gap closed while it dries, I'd wood glue both holes the dowels go into then and that should serve to both close the gap and make that connection stronger.

I suppose all the structural benefits of a backing board are lost if you divide it into smaller pieces for transport... (?)

I suppose all the structural benefits of a backing board are lost if you divide it into smaller pieces for transport... (?)
I think that'd probably have to be at least two standard sheets anyway a d for even smaller, I think as long as each piece is connected to multiple shelves/sides it would still help a lot. But, even with the super thin stuff, that would still be a lot to transport without a car!

I think that'd probably have to be at least two standard sheets anyway a d for even smaller, I think as long as each piece is connected to multiple shelves/sides it would still help a lot. But, even with the super thin stuff, that would still be a lot to transport without a car!
just re-read, i originally thought he just had a smaller vehicle .

I've got access to a truck when I need it, but I just need to arrange it all. I can probably get that done in the next week or two. The shelf seems ok from what I've put in so far. If anything seems hinky in the next couple hours I'll probably pull everything out again.

I keep my records lined up along the edge so i measured how much room was left in the back, bought some loose shelves for the Billy bookcase from Ikea, cut them to size (two spacers per Billy shelve) and glued them on.

View attachment 89071
This is awesome! They do also make / sell these for those of us less savvy

How do people remember the order of artists catalogues? Unless you know the artists career inside out obviously. I’m thinking I might get some small round stickers for the poly sleeves to put in the bottom corner to denote the album number?

How do people remember the order of artists catalogues? Unless you know the artists career inside out obviously. I’m thinking I might get some small round stickers for the poly sleeves to put in the bottom corner to denote the album number?
Discogs

Back