Vinyl Storage Recommendation

There’s a company based out of Canada that makes a similar sleeve with 2 pockets so you’d technically never have to remove the jacket from the sleeve, just the record, but at 25 sleeves for $15, that’s an economical mountain I can’t climb.

As for sleeves, I have the 5 mil Sleeve City sleeves on my entire collection, minus a few oversized ect.. but the thought of introducing something different now makes me itchy, lol

On that note, we got everything moved around on the expanded Kallax..............Woot woot for some breathing room ;)
View attachment 88167
That really great... that ah.... very structurally sound and not at all.... panic.... inducing.... at.... allllllllllllll
-breathes heavily into paper bag-

I just picture the weight above it just crushing those spindly uprights to a pulp then....shivers!

I'm sure it's fine though..
I get there's one more row added to the top, but if that was the case the Kallax in it's 4x4 configuration could suffer the same fate, lol. The weight dispersion is fine, all the right boards are going the correct direction and as I mentioned, everything is bolted to the wall so there is no movement to avoid a shift in the weight.

I appreciate your concern, but don't worry :) Famous last words

I get there's one more row added to the top, but if that was the case the Kallax in it's 4x4 configuration could suffer the same fate, lol. The weight dispersion is fine, all the right boards are going the correct direction and as I mentioned, everything is bolted to the wall so there is no movement to avoid a shift in the weight.

Don't worry :) Famous last words

You’ll be grand, the boards are going in the right way, they’re stronger in compression and the top layer has no point loads. They’re really quite strong pieces so long as the long boards are horizontal, all the disaster pictures are when they’re vertical so the units twist themselves apart.

only have 4 sleeve city bags left... ordered 4 more a couple days ago

Decided to move these out of our rarely used 2nd listening area to possibly free up some space for potentially more book shelves for my wife. Ordered some legs from IKEA and slapped them on. Next step is to get some plywood cut and stained for backing. This also worked out as I need a spot for my RCM.

3CFC3CE7-704B-4DB5-BEC1-9033C2EAC9C7.jpeg

P.S. I really miss IKEA’s fun colors.

what do you recommend for storing 10" and 7" records... because i just have them on an old rack

what do you recommend for storing 10" and 7" records... because i just have them on an old rack
I don’t have that many 10” so I just put them right after the Zs and before Soundtracks. I’ve thought about just blending them in where they belong. 7” I have in a separate shelf that’s part of our 2nd listening area. Depending how many you have, you could get like soft like or even a rigid bin of some sorts and just keep them on the side. I’m sure others will chime in.

I don’t have that many 10” so I just put them right after the Zs and before Soundtracks. I’ve thought about just blending them in where they belong. 7” I have in a separate shelf that’s part of our 2nd listening area. Depending how many you have, you could get like soft like or even a rigid bin of some sorts and just keep them on the side. I’m sure others will chime in.
i have like.... 2 7" records

Decided to move these out of our rarely used 2nd listening area to possibly free up some space for potentially more book shelves for my wife. Ordered some legs from IKEA and slapped them on. Next step is to get some plywood cut and stained for backing. This also worked out as I need a spot for my RCM.

View attachment 88271

P.S. I really miss IKEA’s fun colors.
Are those the Capita legs? I've been thinking of putting those on all my shelves but I worry the screws don't really lock into the hollow board very well. Thoughts?

Looking for some good vinyl storage ideas for about 2,000 records. For now, I am planning on doing two 4x4 kallax next to each other and like that look, but open to other ideas too! Whatcha got?!

Are those the Capita legs? I've been thinking of putting those on all my shelves but I worry the screws don't really lock into the hollow board very well. Thoughts?
They are! Of the 4 screws that go into each plate, there might be one screw that just doesn’t lock. I put 6 legs total. So out of 24 screws, 3 or 4 won’t lock. The screws are short enough that you don’t have to worry about them popping through the boards.
I have a total of 4 units that are like that and all are really stable and easy to move if needed. And they become even more stable once I apply the backing. It’s a nice inexpensive workaround that adds a little flair.

Back