Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It is AAA and I’m on a grandfathered plan, so it’s $5 more for me. I’m leaning Hawk anyway though. Does anyone have it to speak to the quality?
It sounds stunning! I highly recommend it! However, you can get the standard black which is also AAA. The VMP is just an exclusive variant!

Both sound exceptionally good and both are incredibly good albums! I’d personally pick Coleman Hawkins however! It’s a soothing, yet engaging record that just has a beautiful, bop, bluesy sound to it! The pressing sounds so freaking good too! Both are AAA, but The Hawk Flies High is a little more impressive in my opinion!
Thanks for the feedback, go Hawk!

You all talking about the new month is nice. My September record was dispatched today. Won’t get it for another month. Thank fuck I am out of their loop again.
i resubbed last month for 3 months...just got my Lee Morgan a few days ago... It does sound awesome but I already regret resubbing hah. i'm out again after next month unless something crazy comes up. glad to know that there are some local shops that get VMP in and only charge a small upcharge. i'd rather buy one-offs that way than have to deal with VMP again.

Tough month; I might swap for credit as well. I have Grizzly Bear. I was thinking maybe 36, but it's waitlisted, and do I really need it? Teddy is good, but a bargain bin record, and lol sam hunt.
Yea--I would have swapped and sat out the rest but Johnny Cash was in swaps and I had missed out on that one originally. Rough stretch of months for me...

You all talking about the new month is nice. My September record was dispatched today. Won’t get it for another month. Thank fuck I am out of their loop again.

Agreed. I was waiting for a 3 month membership to end last year, but was gifted a 12 month membership around the same time. It's finally over and I can now go back to purchasing vinyl I want and to digging in crates for secondhand gems with the occasional snap, crackle and pop, rather than being FOMO'd into vinyl I don't really want with the same, snap, crackle and pop at double the price.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the AP pressing of it? I guess it’s fantastic. I’m kind of surprised it’s still in the store. That was announced with a handful of other AP selections a long time ago.
Yea I guess I could have read the description to find that out. I think I’ll have to upgrade my copy. Thanks!

I’m actually very happy with the next three months! October is an underwhelming month, but November and December are both extremely strong across all tracks in my opinion! I’m getting all four ROTM’s for November and December!

I’ll only be getting Teddy Pendergrass and Grizzly Bear for October! Even then, both those ROTM’s aren’t spectacular picks! They are like 8/10 picks! However, both those ROTM’s are getting audiophile quality treatment, so I know I’m in for a listening treat!

My shock is palpable
The next three months are excellent overall in my opinion! For Essentials, we’ve got an indie classic, an R&B classic and a funk classic! The classics has a cool variety and all of the picks are great! The Country track has one amazing 70’s album and one excellent 60’s live album! Both those pressings are AAA and aren’t plated at GZ which is nice! Then finally for hip-hop, one of the best rap albums of the 2000’s (Hell Hath No Fury) is receiving the 45RPM treatment and is in dire of a reissue as the only pressing that existed sounded bad! Then you have RZA’s debut too, which is an overlooked Wu project that has left-field production with amazing keys throughout a lot of tracks and RZA’s unique monotone flow compliments the gritty, odd production!

It’s a very good three month run and the only ROTM’s I’m disappointed with is the October R&HH and Country ROTM’s! That’s it! Everything else is great! And even the Three 6 Mafia pick is quite good - it’s just an album I don’t see myself spinning much even though the album goes hard and features some classic bangers!

Back