Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Currently running with:

Veckatimest
Emma Jean Thackeray
Stankonia

I’m on the fence about Teddy, I really want to love it cause Teddy P is just so damn likeable as a person but don’t know how much I’d realistically spin it. Wager it’ll be around after this month? My gut says yeah??
Side B of Life Is A Song Worth Singing is immaculate! Three classic songs that are truly stunning! Side B is well worth it alone in my opinion, especially as the pressing is AAA, pressed at QRP and remastered by Ryan Smith, who I think will do a spectacular job mastering wise with this one!

I’m on the fence about Teddy, I really want to love it cause Teddy P is just so damn likeable as a person but don’t know how much I’d realistically spin it. Wager it’ll be around after this month? My gut says yeah??
Kinda in the same boat. I like it, but not sure it'd get the table time. Really, nothing in swaps that I don't already have is calling my name. Might just swap for credit for the first time.

I don't think I've ever been so uninspired with a group of 12 records and the swap options. Sure there are a few I'd be ok with, but none I need.

I swapped for credit and will look for something in the store when it comes through. Last month on my sub, so I'm out for a few months too.

Last edited:
Not a huge Teddy P fan so I swapped my main for Three 6. Dropped all other add-ons, so it's looking to be a one-month box. It's all good, it helps balance out last month where I had all four tracks loaded up. Good to have the occasional break.

Ugh, this is a hard one.
There are some options I like in the next three months, but this whole experience with Wu, PE and ATLiens left a bad taste in my mouth.

For now I have Saba, Hot Chip and Grizzly Bear in my order (not sold on Grizzly Bear).
Kind of feeling Freddie King and Clipse next month.
Roberta Flack and Meters for Dec and giving myself time to think whether I'm really going to play RZA.

Lots of great SWAP options this month. Saba, Coleman Hawkins, Emma Jean Thackeray, Johnny Cash, M.I.A....

I went with Emma Jean Thackeray. I haven't given the album a chance yet but seems like it's been really well received so I will risk it.
Currently listening to this (and so pleased I swapped for Thackeray):

debating between three 6, sturgill, or m.i.a. decisions, decisions :unsure:
M.I.A.‘s Kala is such an essential record - it’s an energetic and explosive record that’s so diverse genre-wise! The pressing is 45RPM too and sounds absolutely terrific! It’s a razor-sharp pressing which has a huge soundstage! It’s an absolute must pressing and album to get!!!

Need help, I’m between Hub of Hubbard or Hawk Flies High
Both sound exceptionally good and both are incredibly good albums! I’d personally pick Coleman Hawkins however! It’s a soothing, yet engaging record that just has a beautiful, bop, bluesy sound to it! The pressing sounds so freaking good too! Both are AAA, but The Hawk Flies High is a little more impressive in my opinion!

Back