Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Personally by ideal ROTM would probably be a punk, emo or hardcore record. And though my worship of all things Gerard way is pretty open

I'm going to go with Converge - Jane Doe, I classic in Metalcore and an emotional riot

Nightmare is Doug Walkers the wall

I saw that mans fucking movies

All 7 hours...

I am broken

Up until about 3 weeks ago I'd have said Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea but that looks like its on its way anyway. Looks like Midnite Vultures may never be seen on vinyl again so that would he very cool. Not going to be a popular one but Sheryl Crow's 2nd album would be ace but given the masters went up in the universal fire its probably a no go.

There are meh versions available so a big, bad mega remaster of Scott 2 or maybe Till The Band Comes In would be brill... And Supergrass - Supergrass if they're doing the 90s brit thing again.

None of which will ever actually happen of course

Up until about 3 weeks ago I'd have said Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea but that looks like its on its way anyway. Looks like Midnite Vultures may never be seen on vinyl again so that would he very cool. Not going to be a popular one but Sheryl Crow's 2nd album would be ace but given the masters went up in the universal fire its probably a no go.

There are meh versions available so a big, bad mega remaster of Scott 2 or maybe Till The Band Comes In would be brill... And Supergrass - Supergrass if they're doing the 90s brit thing again.

None of which will ever actually happen of course

Sheryl Crow's self titled second album is so good. I remember when it got out in 1996 I played it for weeks (on CD). It's fantastic, I think it's her best album. Such a shame the masters went up in the fire.

Sheryl Crow's self titled second album is so good. I remember when it got out in 1996 I played it for weeks (on CD). It's fantastic, I think it's her best album. Such a shame the masters went up in the fire.

Epic track after epic track from start to finish. I still play it a lot. I'd love a Vinyl master of the Globe Sessions too. I'd have fir her Mississippi cover alone.

Epic track after epic track from start to finish. I still play it a lot. I'd love a Vinyl master of the Globe Sessions too. I'd have fir her Mississippi cover alone.

I've got most of her albums on CD. Globe Sessions would be great too. Only one I got on vinyl is her latest "Threads". That one sounds really good, great quality vinyl. 👍

This album definitely would have been on my list of what I would want to see in Essentials.

Other albums I'd want to see:

Tom Petty - Wildflowers
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator)
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - The Tyranny of Distance
Eels - Blinking Lights and Other Revelations (3x LP, I know)
The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad, & The Queen
Willie Nelson - Shotgun Willie
Waylon Jennings - Honky Tonk Heroes
Billy Joe Shaver - Old Five and Dimers Like Me
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers (if they could ever improve the fidelity, which I know is unlikely)
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

I know there's a bunch I am leaving out.
Well I think we will see Wildflowers sooner than you think (just probably not VMP) based on what the Petty estate has been saying. I’d love that Good The Bad and The Queen album too.

Well I think we will see Wildflowers sooner than you think (just probably not VMP) based on what the Petty estate has been saying. I’d love that Good The Bad and The Queen album too.
I've been following along and wish they would just make an announcement soon

I've been following along and wish they would just make an announcement soon
It seems pretty definite at this point, just a matter of when. But since they are going through all of the demos and stuff I’m guessing we will see some multi-LP deluxe packages of it.

I'm quite curious, what would be your ideal 'Essentials' record if you could choose one? What would be included, such as inserts, extra material, the color of the record (or variant), etc. On the other hand, what would be your "nightmare" 'Essentials' record, one that you would avoid at all costs and would wonder for the rest of time that VMP even considered this as the pick.

My #1 would be Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse. Can't get a copy for less than $300 and, although it's not the band's best album, I feel like the last 4 FR albums are all Essential and it's the only one you cannot get freely. I would be fine with black vinyl, but if they were going to make it color I would think a nice blue/green swirl would fit. Also, work with Scott's brother and make a percentage of the proceeds go to the Tiny Changes charity set up by his family. NO LINER NOTES BY A VMP STAFF MEMBER! Pehaps they could get an essay from someone close to Scott as the Magazine article for this one.

Worst? For essentials? I don't really know. There's nothing they could make that would actually offend me. Oh wait, what's that punk band where the singer turned out to be a pedo? Yeah, never do anything regarding that band.

The Wrens - The Meadowlands would be my shut up and take my money 💰 pick. I would just ask to have it pressed and remastered well and a gatefold sleeve would be nice. My Second choice would be Clem Snide - The Ghost of Fashion. Same as stated before but I think it would be nice if the wax was translucent blue with a white swirl and red splatter that matched up to the cover art.

John Mayer - Continuum

Bonus could be the original silk-screened cover as an art print. Kind of like how they did a lenticular version of the cover for Flaming Lips.

My #1 would be Frightened Rabbit - Pedestrian Verse. Can't get a copy for less than $300 and, although it's not the band's best album, I feel like the last 4 FR albums are all Essential and it's the only one you cannot get freely. I would be fine with black vinyl, but if they were going to make it color I would think a nice blue/green swirl would fit. Also, work with Scott's brother and make a percentage of the proceeds go to the Tiny Changes charity set up by his family. NO LINER NOTES BY A VMP STAFF MEMBER! Pehaps they could get an essay from someone close to Scott as the Magazine article for this one.
Just spun my copy of PV yesterday. When Scott died I was shocked to see it rocket up my most valuable records list.

It's the one album I'm mad at myself for not grabbing on one of the 200 occasions I saw it around. I was out of the vinyl game due to being laid off for a couple years and it took me awhile to get back into it. By that time, the record was long gone. I've thought about buying myself a copy for my birthday, but I just know there's going to be a repress at some point. Maybe in 3 years when it turns 10?

Also, Late March, Death March may just be my favorite FR song.

This album definitely would have been on my list of what I would want to see in Essentials.

Other albums I'd want to see:

Tom Petty - Wildflowers
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Gillian Welch - Time (The Revelator)
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - The Tyranny of Distance
Eels - Blinking Lights and Other Revelations (3x LP, I know)
The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad, & The Queen
Willie Nelson - Shotgun Willie
Waylon Jennings - Honky Tonk Heroes
Billy Joe Shaver - Old Five and Dimers Like Me
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers (if they could ever improve the fidelity, which I know is unlikely)
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele

I know there's a bunch I am leaving out.
This would be my choice.

I think Gillian and Dave are/would handle Time (The Revelator) themselves.

I also completely agree that Waylon's Honky Tonk Heroes is absolutely essential, easily one of my most listened-to albums. However, a Google search just now shows that it is widely available. If you don't trust the newer issuings, I have a copy from the early 80's that sounds fabulous and it is a relatively inexpensive one to pick up.

I think Gillian and Dave are/would handle Time (The Revelator) themselves.

I also completely agree that Waylon's Honky Tonk Heroes is absolutely essential, easily one of my most listened-to albums. However, a Google search just now shows that it is widely available. If you don't trust the newer issuings, I have a copy from the early 80's that sounds fabulous and it is a relatively inexpensive one to pick up.
It's taking them forever to get them out. I had heard rumors that they would release her albums in a box set. Would be an instant-buy. Glad to hear that it's QC issues that are taking this long.

Hahaha looks like they learned from Caesar Frazier and didn’t throw that in there this time.
Yeah I checked out the links, looks like they're all colored variants. I thought VMP already had this one? Maybe it was just the standard black in the old "curated" store...

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, while it may not be my top album by any stretch, I think this upcoming Spiritualized release is a quitessential essentials album. Almost universal praise from every corner of the music world, an album that many will have probably never heard, or even heard OF at all. By all accounts aside from MAYBE the OG there are no good pressings of it that exist, mainly due to the black hole of suck "Plain" having the rights to it for the past little while. It's been remastered WITH the artists oversight, and apparently has the original Elvis edit of the title track... And it is one of the best packaged albums you'll ever find, all done up like a pharmacy prescription complete with the foil and labeling. As I've said earlier on here, it's deluxe "Mondo" packaging before Mondo was a thing. I think it's pretty close to a perfect example of what this sub should be.

Is this getting a re-issue with a different label (i.e. not plain / 4 men with beards)?

Back