Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

That's fine. I wasn't mentioning it to try to get you interested in buying now. Just think they're something you should check out when you are in the mood since you seem to dig a lot of indie rock.

Big cd purchase, what's in the classical cart?

Yeah I know you weren’t I’m just moving a little away from that music at the moment. I’ll give them a shot when i undoubtably return to my indie roots

Kleiber: Beethoven 5 & 7 sacd
Lief Ove Andsnes: Complete Beethoven Piano Concertos CD
Hahn: Elgar Violin Concertos sacd
Wagner Orchestral Music sacd
Zimmerman: Rachmaninov Piano Concertos 1 & 2 sacd
Ashkenazy: Rachmaninov Piano Concertos 1-4 cd
Wagner: Der Ring des Nibelungen (orchestral excerpts) cd
Bach Brandenburg Concertos 1-6 cd
Perahia: Mozart Complete Piano Concertos cd

i must have added a few since I last looked at the basket because it’s now at about €175...

I’m basically trying to pull together a great classical starter pack that covers the bases whilst mainly focusing on the fact I love piano and trying to avoid opera singers!

I’ve only been following since the Nicole Atkins AOTM. I got that one and enjoyed spinning it! It was a great pick!

I’m trying to find Camarón De La Isla’s La Leyenda Del Tiempo but I can’t find a new copy of it for under AUD$60. I love that album so much and am sure it will receive another reissue/pressing in the near future. I’m so happy I discovered that album through the N&G AOTM! It is simply a brilliant AOTM pick!!!
I’ve been following the Needles&Grooves forum closely. I just wasn’t familiar with the genre and clues on @agutierrezb guess thread. I really liked the clues but I know agutierrezb was going to pick an album I have never heard! I knew it was going to be a new discovery! And man, were those clues AMAZING!!!!! The effort agutierrezb put into his AOTM was exceptional and I’m in love with him ☺

Agutierrezb really set the bar high with his Camarón De La Isla AOTM pick and with his clues + booklet + overall contribution!

I’m already looking forward to @ThePakoBuelna AOTM! As it’s likely a Japanese artist/band, I’m probably not going to be able to guess. But I love reading all the posts on the thread!

You have no clue how excited I am for your AOTM Joe!!! I am sure it will be an album I will immensely love as I always look up to your music taste when it comes to music in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s in particular! Can’t wait to be cheeky in your AOTM thread too 😈😂
Wow, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed my pick. It is a shame that it is currently out of stock, but I thank you for listening and sharing your thoughts. I feared that people would be sort of scared due to the language barrier and the fact that it is a genre that people don't usually listen to, but it's great to know that you went into it with an open mind.

Yeah I know you weren’t I’m just moving a little away from that music at the moment. I’ll give them a shot when i undoubtably return to my indie roots

Kleiber: Beethoven 5 & 7 sacd
Lief Ove Andsnes: Complete Beethoven Piano Concertos CD
Hahn: Elgar Violin Concertos sacd
Wagner Orchestral Music sacd
Zimmerman: Rachmaninov Piano Concertos 1 & 2 sacd
Ashkenazy: Rachmaninov Piano Concertos 1-4 cd
Wagner: Der Ring des Nibelungen (orchestral excerpts) cd
Bach Brandenburg Concertos 1-6 cd
Perahia: Mozart Complete Piano Concertos cd

i must have added a few since I last looked at the basket because it’s now at about €175...

I’m basically trying to pull together a great classical starter pack that covers the bases whilst mainly focusing on the fact I love piano and trying to avoid opera singers!
Nice, I sporadically add some classical to my want list but really haven't picked up much. I guess I've had a hard time prioritizing it. I got an old Karajan Beethoven box, but those Kleibers have been on my list for a while as they seem regarded as the best. Same with Rachmaninoff Concertos, but I can't remember which conductor/pianist combos I landed on.

As far as other piano stuff, some Glenn Gould has been on my list forever. Both the Goldberg Variations and The Well Tempered Clavier. Have you heard those?

In case you want some more stuff to check out (or ignore for the sake of your budget), some other stuff for my starter kit wish list are:

Maxim Shostakovich (USSR SO) or Bernstein: Shostakovich 5
Furtwangler: Beethoven 9
Takacs Quartet: Bartok String Quartets
Bernstein (NYP): Sacre du Printemps
Solti: Mahler 6
Mehta: The Planets

Need to find the rest of that list that I made.

Nice, I sporadically add some classical to my want list but really haven't picked up much. I guess I've had a hard time prioritizing it. I got an old Karajan Beethoven box, but those Kleibers have been on my list for a while as they seem regarded as the best. Same with Rachmaninoff Concertos, but I can't remember which conductor/pianist combos I landed on.

As far as other piano stuff, some Glenn Gould has been on my list forever. Both the Goldberg Variations and The Well Tempered Clavier. Have you heard those?

In case you want some more stuff to check out (or ignore for the sake of your budget), some other stuff for my starter kit wish list are:

Maxim Shostakovich (USSR SO) or Bernstein: Shostakovich 5
Furtwangler: Beethoven 9
Takacs Quartet: Bartok String Quartets
Bernstein (NYP): Sacre du Printemps
Solti: Mahler 6
Mehta: The Planets

Need to find the rest of that list that I made.

cheers! I probably will end up buying them in batches to be honest but this is kind of the list. Might be a post Christmas present to myself too!

The Kleiber is outstanding, I’ve been streaming it in Qobuz for the last few weeks and it’s reputation is well earned.

Thanks, I’ll add them to my list along with 2 Marriner/Garilov cds of the bach keyboard Concertos that I’ve just read about...

I am equal measures annoyed to be discussing/considering Christmas vinyl in the first week of October and thankful they are getting these out early enough to ensure customers have them in hand in time to enjoy them throughout the holiday season. Last year my Sinatra shipment arrived 3 days before Christmas.

So, it looks like my October package has already shipped (TOTS!) and, interestingly, it includes another copy of Stars' "Set Yourself on Fire"...which will be my third (gotta go post some PIFs!). I remember someone saying that VMP was talking about having another pressing, without the skip in Calendar Girl, but didn't get any confirmation. I suppose that that's what this is though...anyone else getting one?

So, it looks like my October package has already shipped (TOTS!) and, interestingly, it includes another copy of Stars' "Set Yourself on Fire"...which will be my third (gotta go post some PIFs!). I remember someone saying that VMP was talking about having another pressing, without the skip in Calendar Girl, but didn't get any confirmation. I suppose that that's what this is though...anyone else getting one?

Hmmm...but when I click on the view order details link, I get a 404.

Storf confirmed they are shipping them out to everyone who ordered it. Not sure about people who got refunds though.

Back