Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

some of ya'll really hate this dude for no reason huh

I like him but I get why his attitude is a turn off to some but this answer seems relatively harmless with none of the trademark Storf snark. I get thinking it's ridiculous for the album to be $29 but Storf isnt in charge of pricing or the website.

I like him but I get why his attitude is a turn off to some but this answer seems relatively harmless with none of the trademark Storf snark. I get thinking it's ridiculous for the album to be $29 but Storf isnt in charge of pricing or the website.

i just feel bad for the guy lol no one else at that company has to put their image on the line like he does. i get it's his job but dang

For the record I donā€™t hate him. I donā€™t particularly like his online persona and our personalities didn't seem to mix well in the other place, but hate is a strong strong word
I always hated his read sinner read comments in old guess thread...no one has time to read back 10 plus pages of guesses and answers

I always hated his read sinner read comments in old guess thread...no one has time to read back 10 plus pages of guesses and answers

I always felt he had a superior ā€œin the knowā€ attitude and that his whole aproach was overly defensive but then he didnā€™t seem to like me much either so i always think that some people just arenā€™t meant to be friends, itā€™s all good.

I mean... I'd be REALLY hard pressed to think of a possible explanation other than the one he gave. What other reasoning could there possibly be?
Not only that but the information wasn't complete for the album when the price was listed as $23.
It was a goof that I think they were hoping we wouldn't see.
I blame the web developer/site admin for pressing the publish button too early.
There is no way this is on Storf.
I agree he could have answered perhaps a bit better but it's not worth hammering the guy over

Not only that but the information wasn't complete for the album when the price was listed as $23.
It was a goof that I think they were hoping we wouldn't see.
I blame the web developer/site admin for pressing the publish button too early.
There is no way this is on Storf.
I agree he could have answered perhaps a bit better but it's not worth hammering the guy over
Agreed, probably just a typo.

I'd appreciate if we eased up on the Storf-blaming and sometimes jumping to the worst assumptions about him, as well. That's not the N&G Wayā„¢, my friends... šŸ‘

I have too many copies of the Charlie Brown Christmas. The Ella record is great, but I have an original that is in pretty good shape. Color variation kinda blah. Stax offering is tempting. Will have to listen. For all you Christmas music lovers, in case you didn't see me wax rhapsodic about JD McPherson's Christmas album "Socks"! last season, check it out.

I was just about to post this! That JD McPherson Christmas record is really excellent.

Just for the record, Christmas music is a pox on humanity and were it wiped off the face of the earth in one fell swoop we'd all be better off for it.

-sips coffee-

Bring it.
Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas is the only Christmas album Iā€™ve ever heard/previewed that I can actually ever imagining placing on the turntable for enjoyment. The music and vocals on that album are great!

But yeah, I couldnā€™t agree more with you! We would all be better if Christmas music never existed!

Only 3 copies left of Spoonā€™s Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga!!!

180g, pressed at RTI and the colour variant looks excellent! Last chance! ā³
I don't understand why they chose to only press 500 of this but 1000 of Caribou...
Maybe because of the existing pressings of Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - but they could've easily sold 1000.
I'm wondering if Merge will be doing some own exclusives for their Anniversary...

Sure VMP has their share of flaws. But when Amazon lists something cheap at the wrong price at first we celebrate and buy it. When VMP does it its the worst thing they've ever done.

True; but we know where we stand with Amazon, theyā€™re a huge mega evil corp and we deal with them on that level. Also we all know that they clearly use dynamic pricing so no price is ever guaranteed, they constantly move depending on stock levels and demand. Their prices arenā€™t mistakes as such. We know we are dealing with the devil.

VMP acted like our friends inviting us to their club and sold and built FOMO off the back off it. Itā€™s made the last 6 months to a year much harder to swallow.

Iā€™ll be honest, I donā€™t think the comparison works.

nah Iā€™m good.

VMP FOMO is soooooooo 2018
VMP FOMO is stupid! I only buy vinyl I know I will actually play! Waste of money otherwise!

But yeah, in the end you donā€™t need the VMP exclusive of Spoonā€™s Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. Iā€™m sure the standard pressing sounds great! I just really like that this is 180g, pressed at RTI and the colour variant looks great! And Iā€™m happy itā€™s a single LP too! Itā€™s perfect for me šŸ˜Š

Back