Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Was that insulting? I was trying to convey something extreme enough that I would have an agenda to push on my friend w/ the chance of being rebuked after awhile. I'm sorry if that example was insensitive.

I see how it could have been perceived as insensitive. But I also saw the point you were trying to make so I didn't take offense. Alcoholism is a validly touchy subject, so that is the slight misstep.

Joe - I don't believe Pon was trying to be jerky. Can we shake hands and get back to chatting about odd meat products? ;)

Why the are you even still communicating with this... person? I can't see their posts, but I can see yours continuing after posting so many "don't take the bait" posts. You already know better. Just click ignore.

After this... person posts an endless number of "I want down votes. Bring them on" posts openly trying to antagonize people on reddit, while admitting they are just there to poke at people and start shit, they came here. The posts would get downvoted so quick over there, that they just wanted to make people have to see them. So, while I'd normally be more welcoming and be against silencing someone's voice and opinions on here, I feel different in this situation. That's partly because we're dealing with someone who is constantly trying to swarm and attack people for their opinions. I completely believe the only intention is attention and they can beat it. I wouldn't let someone's past on another site carry over, if the actions were different here, but I've already seen this movie and it sucks. It's just a continuation. The sewage is seeping over across platforms.
I was just trying to bring things back to discussing the album, guess I can’t do that

I see how it could have been perceived as insensitive. But I also saw the point you were trying to make so I didn't take offense. Alcoholism is a validly touchy subject, so that is the slight misstep.

Joe - I don't believe Pon was trying to be jerky. Can we shake hands and get back to chatting about odd meat products? ;)

Yeah I kinda jumped at the first one cuz it seemed weird but then as I was replying to the second one kinda realised it was a odd choice, not an offensive on. Sorry for the over reaction @Ponman2003

I guess with them on ignore, I can only see your reaponses and not what it's responding to. It just felt like a lost cause.
Oh lol. All he said was that he’s excited for Blackalicious for the ROTM and it’s been a dream reissue for him for awhile. I said I’d be upset if it was actually a different album

Heath - you've kinda just admitted that you don't know what the N&G AOTMs have been. Which means you haven't been in those threads. Which kinda means our posting was not entirely misplaced.

Why haven't you visited our threads? Just curious.

I've been in those threads, but I don't participate because I limit the portion of this forum that I engage with. I don't really see why this was an important point to make though. But it's all good, you're one of my favorite forumers so I really don't want to keep going down this path.

Edit: And I just realized I ended all of those sentences with periods which on the internet can be insulting, so here's a heart! ❤

Last edited:
So..... it sucks Cancer 4 Cure and Fantastic Damage didn't come out as store exclusives this month.
Just the pros and cons of VMP latching onto reissue campaigns. Has there been any update from Fat Possum on the reissues?

Definitely hoping for more ROTM+1 like they did w/ Dirty Projectors (though I've yet to snag Swing Lo Magellan tbh..) Maybe we'll get Blackalicious' catalog this month!

Just the pros and cons of VMP latching onto reissue campaigns. Has there been any update from Fat Possum on the reissues?

Definitely hoping for more ROTM+1 like they did w/ Dirty Projectors (though I've yet to snag Swing Lo Magellan tbh..)
I'm surprised they don't do those more often. Seems like a no brainer to easily sell additional stock.

I've been in those threads, but I don't participate because I limit the portion of this forum that I engage with. I don't really see why this was an important point to make though. But it's all good, you're one of my favorite forumers so I really don't want to keep going down this path.

Edit: And I just realized I ended all of those sentences with periods which on the internet can be insulting, so here's a heart! ❤

I was just wondering if there was something that could be improved upon to get some more engagement. No point was being made but i wasn't being clear either.

And here are even more: :whistle: ❤ ❤❤❤

This AOTM thread talk reminds me of going to a Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football game. You're at a home game rooting for your team, on your own turf, but the opposing team has more fans in the stadium! Outnumbered at a home game!!!! It's rough being a Bucs fan. That is all I got

Jk I got one more. I love the NEEDLES AND GROOVES FORUM! It's an awesome place!

Who wants to play Name that tune?

🎶 "And there's kids playing guns in the street
And one's pointing his tree branch at me
So I put my hands up
I say "Enough is enough
If you walk away, I'll walk away"
And he shot me dead" 🎶
land locked blues - bright eyes

But which Bright Eyes song was it in originally??

I'm surprised they don't do those more often. Seems like a no brainer to easily sell additional stock.
Idk. The De la Soul and Flying Lotus extras moved fast, but Swing Lo has sat for awhile. Carter II sat for awhile. They might just not be worth the work even if the label gives them the go-ahead. Blackalicious could probably move 500-1000 units of their other albums, I would think.

Back