Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I did the same. If they were out of stock AP reissues then I would be possibly intrigued but there is absolutely no benefit from getting these particular titles from VMP.

TBH, free international shipping is a big plus. Even though the record is a few $ more than via acoustic sounds / discogs, it leads to a 10€ saving for Pet Sounds for instance.

My actual point was that at the completion of a year of service, VMP no longer serves me. Perhaps a point of discussion regarding others length of membership, how thing have changed, estimates of value.
Perhaps others have a suggestion for another club, another venue for acquiring vinyl, or as we see here, comments on whether I should even bring my departure up.

We have our own club here. A member chooses an album, we guess, the winner gets the album free of charge, we discuss. It's fun.

And to @everyone else - it isn't Spam if the question about another club is asked! Leave me be.

TBH, free international shipping is a big plus. Even though the record is a few $ more than via acoustic sounds / discogs, it leads to a 10€ saving for Pet Sounds for instance.
Yep, last time I saw that Gilberto in stock up here it was $89 before tax. So that's $100 after, the one from VMP after exchange would be $71.

Just buy them direct from Acoustic Sounds for cheaper. Spend $49 or more and they ship free...and on time....and AS packs their records in tanks.
Exactly. I received that email and figured I'd come over here. Responses as expected. Pretty funny. Anyone who would want to buy these titles surely has already bought them ages ago from AS or someone else? The Miles is pretty fantastic, for what that's worth. Seems to me that this is just a marketing opportunity for AS and a way to clear back stock.

These prices arent bad at all with Shipping and Taxes included (Not sure if everyone has to pay taxes but I do over here in NY).
The dealbreaker for me is Acoustic Sounds shipping vs VMP shipping. Packing quality and Shipping Time are so significantly better with AS that even if it was a couple bucks cheaper on VMP, Im not sure I'd do it.

I think these stupid prices and the $70 madness for a 2 LP Whitney album is their way of testing out a new price point. ‘What will these schmucks actually pay for a record?’

I was thinking it’s them trying to make back all the money they lost with cancellations and sending dozens (hundreds?) of records to the wrong people from the store migration debacle.

Keep in mind AP is driving it up to this point, VMP is adding a $5 tax to what is already an pricey audiophile label. Newbury Comics stores used to do this $5 markup too until they cut way back on audiophile LPs recently, because literally nobody bought them. I did get a good deal on the Ray Charles MoFi LP once when they liquidated them though, so that was cool. What's weird is that they're stocking the 45RPMs on records that have 33rpm editions. At least Newbury had the common sense to avoid those, there's just not the demographic overlap between vinyl revival customers and megabux audiophile editions, unless its the only pressing on vinyl, like when Pinkerton and Weezer were selling like hotcakes for MoFi for that reason.

I think these stupid prices and the $70 madness for a 2 LP Whitney album is their way of testing out a new price point. ‘What will these schmucks actually pay for a record?’
I was thinking it’s them trying to make back all the money they lost with cancellations and sending dozens (hundreds?) of records to the wrong people from the store migration debacle.

Screenshot_20200220-101046_Reddit.jpg

You can see where I've downvoted it, because it sounded like more bullshit. Everyone can see it coming a mile away.

Oh, and I've hyperlinked that screenshot.

Back