Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I do feel that. At some point, it started feeling like folks were saying that just to bandwagon 10-15 likes, and weren't even actually unsubscribing! But I really think civility is a better way to address it. Like when folks were spamming the N&G AOTM thread here, it was politely addressed and stopped for the most part.

And I'm not trying to censor people from voicing their frustration, but I do think it should somewhat add to the discussion rather than just adding 1 to a sample size.
Totally a great point, and I definitely could have expanded past the one word reply. I am just tired of people posting about how terrible VMP is and how they're quitting like we're all unaware of the issues that came at the end of 2019.

that's honestly a fair point. I'm just saying the way it could have been addressed could have been a bit more... gentle, that's all
Yup, however as you all have found out I am not one to sugar coat things. It's just not my style, and I honestly don't care if you don't like that. It's not "trolling" at all, but that is an easy/lazy label to put on it.

For what it's worth, I said I was going to not re-up this month. Then I made the mistake of listening to Blackalicious. Now I am no longer not re-upping this month.

But also because I am a glutton for punishment YESSSSS BRING THE PAIN VMP FULLFILLMENT
Man, I really really really really hope that is the pick. I told my buddy back in July when he convinced me to sign up that Blazing Arrow would be my holy grail VMP treatment.

I do feel that. At some point, it started feeling like folks were saying that just to bandwagon 10-15 likes, and weren't even actually unsubscribing! But I really think civility is a better way to address it. Like when folks were spamming the N&G AOTM thread here, it was politely addressed and stopped for the most part.

And I'm not trying to censor people from voicing their frustration, but I do think it should somewhat add to the discussion rather than just adding 1 to a sample size.

Calling it spam is not polite. Attempts to create a community outside of the company that destroyed one more like it.

Yeah, we stopped trying to invite you all to be a part of a community. If we're going to classify things as spam and ask that it not be posted, I'm wondering when the rest of the spam in this thread/forum will stop.

On the topic of post about the N&G AOTMs in here being "spam"... here's a little breakdown for you.
I broke down the amount of pages dedicated to VMP vs. the N&G AOTMs (taking into account all 10 AOTM threads + the general N&G AOTM thread, and all subs related to VMP). The numbers are as such:
N&G AOTMs: 496 pages
VMP: 1,697 pages (1,709 if you include the thread on VMP consolidation)
That doesn't seem right to me; why should VMP have well over 1,000 pages dedicated to it when we're killing it on our own on this very forum? 🤔 Surely one post on one of the thousands of VMP-centric pages is more than fair 🙂
Please join us in discussing the upcoming March 2020 AOTM! I think we're getting very close to uncovering the answer 👀

I do agree w/ you that the "just cancelled my sub" comments are tiring, but it just takes one more scroll of the mouse. Or if you do want to dig the rationale out of the OP, it's just one polite question away.

I find them positively uplifting, like welcoming a newcomer into the light

But I really think civility is a better way to address it. Like when folks were spamming the N&G AOTM thread here, it was politely addressed and stopped for the most

really? I thought that was nasty and unnecessary...

really? I thought that was nasty and unnecessary...

Reasonable minds can differ, I guess...I absolutely thought it was spam and needed to chill.

Edit: To clarify...I had no problem with people trying to promote the thread generally, but sometimes it seemed like the posts were a specific attempt to derail people trying to discuss the VMP records. That was what felt spammy to me.

What did I miss

It just seems someone said they don't like vmp

One person posted bait

And now we are all shitposting

And to that i say
View attachment 33463

Actually, one person posted that they finally got their last shipment from VMP, because, after the recent issues, they've canceled their subscription. Even so, they wished good luck to everything/one and said they'd likely check back in in 6 months, implying that they might possibly, sign back up, if/once things are sorted a bit better.

It wasn't even a negative post.

I apologize for using the word 'spamming.' I didn't see that word as particularly harsh before, but I recognize now that it can be offensive.

Thanks Pon! I appreciate it. And I know that tone is hard over text, so I'm clarifying that I am being 100% sincere. (Which now sounds like sarcasm, but it's not. I swear.)

OMG.

Teeeee, step away from the keyboard.

This AOTM thread talk reminds me of going to a Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football game. You're at a home game rooting for your team, on your own turf, but the opposing team has more fans in the stadium! Outnumbered at a home game!!!! It's rough being a Bucs fan. That is all I got
WHO DAT!

(Wait, that's spam....... DELETE!)

This AOTM thread talk reminds me of going to a Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football game. You're at a home game rooting for your team, on your own turf, but the opposing team has more fans in the stadium! Outnumbered at a home game!!!! It's rough being a Bucs fan. That is all I got

Is that the team in the thingy with the same bastard leech owners who are bleeding my football club dry?

Back