Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Before anyone jumps on this "sale" of theirs, you might want to consider the fact that these titles will most likely be 4 for the price of 1 at Bespoke in a month. I'm pretty sure VMP just trades them all their overstock. If anyone sees Storf walking around in a button up that's 2 sizes too small with a bone handled knife clipped to his belt, you'll know the truth.

View attachment 7399View attachment 7400

Well that was really well packaged...

So that replacement policy is definitely a lottery. I got a replacement SRT for the damaged jacket and a replacement Sorcerer for a mild warp that would probably not pass that weird nickel test. I didn't even have to specifically ask for a replacement, Stephen was the one to answer me.

Before anyone jumps on this "sale" of theirs, you might want to consider the fact that these titles will most likely be 4 for the price of 1 at Bespoke in a month. I'm pretty sure VMP just trades them all their overstock. If anyone sees Storf walking around in a button up that's 2 sizes too small with a bone handled knife clipped to his belt, you'll know the truth.

Yeah, as soon as Bespoke has that Groove thing open again, @ me

I was just essentially told by CS to piss off regarding the corner dings on all 3 of the VMP releases in my June box. Every order I have receive over the past year or so has come wrapped in bubble wrap this one did not. They packaged the albums poorly, the record jackets were then subsequently damaged during shipping then won’t replace the damaged product because “hey, this shit happens” and think store credit will suffice so I can what, order more records (that will be potential damaged in shipping (rinse, repeat)? Good thing I paid with PayPal if they don’t handle this right I am going to file a claim and get my $$ refund. I mean I will have to eat the cost of send the albums back to them but It will be worth the $4 media mail. COSMETIC DAMAGE IS STILL DAMAGE. Aesthetics matter when you are collecting. If the physical presentation of the product didn’t matter would not be collecting a physical product and they would not be selling said product for premium price.

Would it be possible to litigate? Anyone have a lawyer buddy they can run maybe a class action suit by? I kinda want VMP next sale to be of the going out of business variety. The fact that they are unwilling to accept returns for refunds and changed their customer service terms AFTER orders where placed seems shady as fuck.

So that replacement policy is definitely a lottery. I got a replacement SRT for the damaged jacket and a replacement Sorcerer for a mild warp that would probably not pass that weird nickel test. I didn't even have to specifically ask for a replacement, Stephen was the one to answer me.
Stephen is kinda like the one you actually want to answer, he helped me get a replacement stars because of the crackles

Would it be possible to litigate? Anyone have a lawyer buddy they can run maybe a class action suit by? I kinda want VMP next sale to be of the going out of business variety. The fact that they are unwilling to accept returns for refunds and changed their customer service terms AFTER orders where placed seems shady as fuck.
Don't really see anything worth suing over...just stop ordering from them and giving them your money and order from labels and companies that actually care about their consumers. Your stress about these things will dissipate and it feels great as I recently found out. This CS change has happened recently because I think some people were abusing the lax return policy. I often saw VMP albums with very small cosmetic defects for sale on reddit and other forums asking full price when it was pretty known that those people were getting free replacements. I understand people wanting albums in perfect condition but shipping accidents do occur. Really good companies will ship you out a replacement no questions asked and those are the ones that I now choose to support.

Not sure about Stephen but I can confirm Jason is an unhelpful dick sore of a CS rep.
Haha Jason was actually surprisingly nice to me with the Stars issue. Asked me for a video of the popping, then promptly emailed back after the video saying sorry for that and we'll send out a replacement ASAP.

I was relatively lucky over my VMP lifespan with not having a ton of issues with replacements or shipping issues. I know I'm in the minority there though. I understand why people are frustrated with it and seems like CS has been escalating the frustration lately with stuff like the nickel test...For me, Jason and Pauly have both been pretty nice and helpful but I haven't had to deal with them too much. Their job must suck especially with all of the issues VMP has been having lately with QC.

Don't really see anything worth suing over...just stop ordering from them and giving them your money and order from labels and companies that actually care about their consumers. Your stress about these things will dissipate and it feels great as I recently found out. This CS change has happened recently because I think some people were abusing the lax return policy. I often saw VMP albums with very small cosmetic defects for sale on reddit and other forums asking full price when it was pretty known that those people were getting free replacements. I understand people wanting albums in perfect condition but shipping accidents do occur. Really good companies will ship you out a replacement no questions asked and those are the ones that I now choose to support.
I wholly agree and while that will likely be the action I take moving forward that does not offer me recourse for the my current issue.

Also, you are correct that shipping accidents happen and sometimes it’s out of the shippers control but even in those instances the company I have purchased the item from have been willing to take the item back as a return and issue a full refund. I am not expecting special treatment I am expecting them to live up to side of the buyer/seller norms that have been in place since free trade was established but also, this was not a shipping accident this was insufficient packaging that is easily preventable. I doubt VPM is likely big enough to make a payout worthy of the time/effort/money it would take to litigate but if their legal department is as shitty as their other businesses areas have been there might be some poorly written legalese a decent lawyer could exploit.

Back