Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I wholly agree and while that will likely be the action I take moving forward that does not offer me recourse for the my current issue.

Also, you are correct that shipping accidents happen and sometimes it’s out of the shippers control but even in those instances the company I have purchased the item from have been willing to take the item back as a return and issue a full refund. I am not expecting special treatment I am expecting them to live up to side of the buyer/seller norms that have been in place since free trade was established but also, this was not a shipping accident this was insufficient packaging that is easily preventable. I doubt VPM is likely big enough to make a payout worthy of the time/effort/money it would take to litigate but if their legal department is as shitty as their other businesses areas have been there might be some poorly written legalese a decent lawyer could exploit.
Yea--it sucks. Sorry you have to go through it and for all the others that do as well. Voting with our wallets might be the best course of action right now. I'm just waiting on my last few exclusives to arrive that I ordered months ago and have been delayed (Stars and Crumb) and won't be ordering anything else from VMP for awhile. Trying to sue somebody because ya didn't get a record you ordered in good condition is definitely not worth the headache. Soon enough, all of these things will bite them in the ass when they no longer sell out of exclusives and whatnot. It already seems that deleting the forums have caused less things to sell out.

Yea--it sucks. Sorry you have to go through it and for all the others that do as well. Voting with our wallets might be the best course of action right now. I'm just waiting on my last few exclusives to arrive that I ordered months ago and have been delayed (Stars and Crumb) and won't be ordering anything else from VMP for awhile. Trying to sue somebody because ya didn't get a record you ordered in good condition is definitely not worth the headache. Soon enough, all of these things will bite them in the ass when they no longer sell out of exclusives and whatnot. It already seems that deleting the forums have caused less things to sell out.
I get the feeling if the forums were still around, Nur wouldn't be in the flash sale. Considering it was JUST released like 3 or 4 weeks ago, it's a telltale sign that it isn't selling if they're already marking it down.

Trying to sue somebody because ya didn't get a record you ordered in good condition is definitely not worth the headache.
LOL! Dude this is the USA. A.) people get sued for dumber shit than this all the time. B.) it would be more along the lines of Fraud or working in bad faith for EVERYONE they have fucked over (hence the class action) but like I said It’svery unlikely and more me being pissed in the moment by being told to “pound sand” when a little ownership and empathy is needed on their part resolve the issue.

'They' are the problem, not Jason. If 'they' don't give a shit about customers, why would he? He's a brand ambassador for them.
True to a certain extent. An individual rep can only follow company policy. But they can choose how they conduct themselves. If a rep comes off as condescending and not caring that's not really a "they" problem.

True to a certain extent. An individual rep can only follow company policy. But they can choose how they conduct themselves. If a rep comes off as condescending and not caring that's not really a "they" problem.

Yeah, I don't agree db. :) I don't expect for one minute, that a person handling complaints from a whiny customer base that is absolutely sick and tired of that company selling them warped, poorly packaged (damaged), out of stock vinyl records, to be feeling all that confident about their role in the organisation.

I wholly agree and while that will likely be the action I take moving forward that does not offer me recourse for the my current issue.

Also, you are correct that shipping accidents happen and sometimes it’s out of the shippers control but even in those instances the company I have purchased the item from have been willing to take the item back as a return and issue a full refund. I am not expecting special treatment I am expecting them to live up to side of the buyer/seller norms that have been in place since free trade was established but also, this was not a shipping accident this was insufficient packaging that is easily preventable. I doubt VPM is likely big enough to make a payout worthy of the time/effort/money it would take to litigate but if their legal department is as shitty as their other businesses areas have been there might be some poorly written legalese a decent lawyer could exploit.

That's why i just stopped buying exclusives/ colour variants from them if they are not tremendously cheaper than in my regular stores or mailorders. I looked at the paul cauthen, but it is for preorder as a clear version from my g erman preorder for a comparable price. Ordering there means i'll probably have it earlier and german federal law gives the customer a 14 day window to return anythibg bought online, which guarantees me i can send stuff back if it is too damaged for my taste. But it is kinda head scratching why vmp is now actively demolishing one of tge things that gave them a good name, i.e. great customer service and return policies. Makes me wonder if the next thing taking cuts will be their editorial content because it does not make them money.

That's why i just stopped buying exclusives/ colour variants from them if they are not tremendously cheaper than in my regular stores or mailorders. I looked at the paul cauthen, but it is for preorder as a clear version from my g erman preorder for a comparable price. Ordering there means i'll probably have it earlier and german federal law gives the customer a 14 day window to return anythibg bought online, which guarantees me i can send stuff back if it is too damaged for my taste. But it is kinda head scratching why vmp is now actively demolishing one of tge things that gave them a good name, i.e. great customer service and return policies. Makes me wonder if the next thing taking cuts will be their editorial content because it does not make them money.
Full disclosure: I pitched a giant fit in my CS reply. They thankfully caved and will be reshipping my order. While I am glad they are fixing my issue, no one should have to go back and forth to get the right thing accomplished. It’s telling though they were able to reverse course (meaning it’s a complete judgement call by CS) it also means “squeaky wheel” rules now apply so if you’re less assertive, you’ll likely be SOL if you have “cosmetic damage”.

Full disclosure: I pitched a giant fit in my CS reply. They thankfully caved and will be reshipping my order. While I am glad they are fixing my issue, no one should have to go back and forth to get the right thing accomplished. It’s telling though they were able to reverse course (meaning it’s a complete judgement call by CS) it also means “squeaky wheel” rules now apply so if you’re less assertive, you’ll likely be SOL if you have “cosmetic damage”.
Are they letting you keep the dented copies?

Are they letting you keep the dented copies?
Yeah and while I appreciate it I don’t necessarily need a 2nd copy of any of them. WAP and Stars will become a Christmas or birthday gift to one of my Brothers and the Lightmen will either be resold or maybe thrown on the PIF thread. I have no problem sending them back if that was what was required. All I expect for is what I paid for Short of that a refund would be more than fine. Maybe they should reconsider there return policy too. Either do some “scratch & dent” sales or maybe take some of the sleeves with damages records and records with damaged sleeve and reconstitute them into NM/NM copies. Might save them a bit on back end since they a clearly working hard at cost savings right now.

Back