Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

hahah i just saw that as well.

"Honest and transparent communication is essential for customer retention and loyalty. When issues arise regarding delivery or bugs, it’s best to communicate what happened, why, and what actions you’re taking to make it right. Be open and honest with your customers. "
1576087779803.png

There is no Fiona, only Zuul.
Hail Seitan.
2884217_0.jpg

An interesting case study: The fact that people are STILL entrusting their funds to this company, and willing to overlook the dozens and dozens of very large mistakes simply because a STAX box set with a bunch of second best albums that will soon be repressed and available for a cheaper price comes out

An interesting case study: The fact that people are STILL entrusting their funds to this company, and willing to overlook the dozens and dozens of very large mistakes simply because a STAX box set with a bunch of second best albums that will soon be repressed and available for a cheaper price comes out
giphy.gif

You sure they're all 2nd best? 👀

lower

FWIW I had talked to Tyler, the other co-founder, about 6 months ago about all of the issues. I just messaged him again to set up another call and he is no longer with VMP. I'm not saying that's bad or that unusual but I don't think it's a good sign for long term health of a company IMO

This company sounds like it’s doomed in the long term. Only a super brave/wealthy/foolish person would commit to yearly membership.

Oh shiiittt. If a founder leaves, usually means he doesn't agree with what the other founder was doing... Probably pushed out as well.

He’s setting up another company - Vinyl Me Perhaps, will you get your record or won’t you. As he owns the VMP initials Matt is going to rebrand the company as Answer Me Please, the new CS drive is looking to trial this ethos.

so I can only speak to the direct inventory management experience I have, but you basically want your inventory to be within a variance of 2-5% for item count and value. On this one item alone, they are way off and I can't imagine with the issues they've been having across the board that this is an isolated incident. We've all seen stuff magically pop back up in the store like a fairy dropped it on a shelf. No, it points to the warehousing and inventory methods they are using being very bad...

I'd imagine it also relates to making people stick with the first swap they choose, because they clearly can't track a fucking thing at this point

He’s setting up another company - Vinyl Me Perhaps, will you get your record or won’t you. As he owns the VMP initials Matt is going to rebrand the company as Answer Me Please, the new CS drive is looking to trial this ethos.

Answer Me, Please. AMP. Perfect. They already have a logo built in.

Until then, I think VMP should go with some rolling dice

Last edited:
Back