Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The album is relevant mainly for the Dr. Dre Sample of Siffre’s “I Got The...” in the Eminem hit “My Name Is”, That’s probably as good a place to start as any. The album is soulful funk, but I think he is from the Netherlands so it’s got a bit of a different vibe the US soul/funk from the same era. It’s a fun record but the big track is “I Got The..”.

i have to look into him a Little more. I also like Madness' " It must be love" a lot, which is a cover of his original

I honestly don't think they have any idea what's shipping when and why things are shipping separately from the ROTM package. I have a single copy of Rolling Stones on the way. No idea why it shipped alone, and it went out before swaps closed. Makes zero sense.

thats funny, my ROTM is shipping by itself without the rolling stones album

Bon Iver is back in stock. They tweeted out that they didn’t know how big their order was (they advertised 1000, but even I knew it was 1500 because that’s what Justin Vernon tweeted out about each of the 4 variants). Lol.
Just goes to show how they really don't have a grasp at what they're doing...

Bon Iver I,I, more copies available
renderTimingPixel.png

Hey all-- Turns out that our order for Bon Iver records was actually 1500, not 1000, so we have extra copies up now in the store if you missed out. Shouts to the guy in a thread for raising the flag; we realized there were more thanks to that.

They have lost all semblance of professionalism

renderTimingPixel.png

Hey all-- Turns out that our order for Bon Iver records was actually 1500, not 1000, so we have extra copies up now in the store if you missed out. Shouts to the guy in a thread for raising the flag; we realized there were more thanks to that.

it's real cool when brands are just straight up drunk. glad to be a part of this with all of you #blessed

renderTimingPixel.png

So is the implication here they somehow had 500 copies of an album in their inventory and didn't know?

So is the implication here they somehow had 500 copies of an album in their inventory and didn't know?
it points to failures in their entire supply chain. Someone ordered and paid for 1500, not 1000. They then advertised and sold the product as if it was 1000, thus limiting their intake by 500 times however much profit they make per copy.

Then their inventory numbers were off because they "found" an extra 500. It's phenomenally bad to do this and probably points to financial mismanagement across the board.

Or they just pressed more copies and lied about it. Take your pick...

so I can only speak to the direct inventory management experience I have, but you basically want your inventory to be within a variance of 2-5% for item count and value. On this one item alone, they are way off and I can't imagine with the issues they've been having across the board that this is an isolated incident. We've all seen stuff magically pop back up in the store like a fairy dropped it on a shelf. No, it points to the warehousing and inventory methods they are using being very bad...

FWIW I had talked to Tyler, the other co-founder, about 6 months ago about all of the issues. I just messaged him again to set up another call and he is no longer with VMP. I'm not saying that's bad or that unusual but I don't think it's a good sign for long term health of a company IMO
Oh shiiittt. If a founder leaves, usually means he doesn't agree with what the other founder was doing... Probably pushed out as well.

FWIW I had talked to Tyler, the other co-founder, about 6 months ago about all of the issues. I just messaged him again to set up another call and he is no longer with VMP. I'm not saying that's bad or that unusual but I don't think it's a good sign for long term health of a company IMO

Just gonna post this here :

Just gonna post this here :

hahah i just saw that as well.

"Honest and transparent communication is essential for customer retention and loyalty. When issues arise regarding delivery or bugs, it’s best to communicate what happened, why, and what actions you’re taking to make it right. Be open and honest with your customers. "

Back