Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm going to patiently wait till the 15th before I email about shipping. But I have very little doubt that I will actually see more than a record or two go out by then. I also have very little doubt that I'm not going to receive several or all of Pinata, Comet Is Coming and Mobb Deep... We shall see...

It also kicks the can down the road on capital issues, particularly given that they have clearly sought outside funding on multiple occasions. It's my aggravation at pre-orders several months out and charging immediately versus when things ship. They're basically getting small interest-free loans from their customers. Everything smells of give us the cash now, we'll figure out the rest later.

Exactly. This is a great point, not to mention, where do the membership fees go?

How much longer until VMP becomes a retailer of nothing else but anoraks, beanies, and Woodstock box sets?

Every time they send new stickers with new reimagined logos that don't even stick, you can just see them throwing money away at all the wrong shit. In the Mobb Deep raffle, one of the listed prizes includes a special beanie that they haven't released yet. You know, because that's what we've all been waiting for. Meanwhile, they still have marked down Key To The Kuffs, Malik, and Trojan 50th shirts in their shop.

Hey @MikeyPD have you noticed that the Charlie Brown Christmas is available to add to cart, still?

EDIT:

Inventory states that they have 18 left

charlie brown xmas stock.jpg

Last edited:
So someone more versed in Labi Siffre. Are their recommendations to start with?
The album is relevant mainly for the Dr. Dre Sample of Siffre’s “I Got The...” in the Eminem hit “My Name Is”, That’s probably as good a place to start as any. The album is soulful funk, but I think he is from the Netherlands so it’s got a bit of a different vibe the US soul/funk from the same era. It’s a fun record but the big track is “I Got The..”.

Last edited:
You can add me to the list of people who have received a tracking notification for Charlie Brown (classics swap) and nothing else. I am guessing that they are trying to ensure everyone gets their Xmas records prior to the holiday and that’s the reason for the separate tracking.

So if you're still waiting on Brubeck to be replaced, bad luck, it's definitely OOS. And so, I won't receive it because my box got lost and they're sending another minus that.

My local shop has an old copy of that album for <$10. If you or someone else needs a replacement but VMP can't make you whole, I may be willing to part ways with mine at cost + shipping (if the cheap local copy is playable). Just PM.

Back