Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

and then two months later the forum was dead. I always wondered if the huge, justified, rage over that one was the final straw that broke the camels back. Particularly as the release itself should have been something to be proud of, a real “look what we can do” and then their lack of logistics fucked it up.

It was a combination of things. They were coming off the heels of De La Is Dead and, right in the middle of that Nat Turner buckets debacle, they said they had something else to appease us in the meantime, but it turned out to be the anthology. Then anoraks. Then people started asking about Weyes Blood. Then it showed up on discogs.

Last edited:
It was a combination of things. They were coming off the heels if De La Is Dead and, right in the middle of that Nat Turner buckets debacle, they said they had something else to appease us in the meantime, but it turned out to be the anthology. Then anoraks. Then people started asking about Weyes Blood. Then it showed up on discogs.

It really does take a special type of person to decide that "oh god I've fucked up so badly, this is really shit, I know what I'll do, I'll throw the phone in the bin, stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalalalalalalala."

And then there was the added part where I first received a shipping notice for the record, only to be told later that no, it was not in fact in transit, and I was actually in the last and rustiest of the buckets

I should also mention that the whole thing with the buckets wasn't their fault. That was a website issue. They fixed those.

"The TL;DR is that there are a lot of shipments leaving the warehouse, and your order is likely on the way."
translation:
Records are leaving our warehouse. Is yours? Maybe.

We also don't know where they're going, however, we've done the math and realized we could save time and do this more efficiently if we shipped more records in less packages to wrong people.

The list of known bugs/issues on their migrated site seems to be.... oh, ALL functionality. Who the eff did they have in charge of those test cases? (Yes, I'm making an ass of myself assuming that they actually had an environment other than prod and actually did testing)

I should also mention that the whole thing with the buckets wasn't their fault. That was a website issue. They fixed those.

The list of known bugs/issues on their migrated site seems to be.... oh, ALL functionality. Who the eff did they have in charge of those test cases? (Yes, I'm making an ass of myself assuming that they actually had an environment other than prod and actually did testing)

The website can't oversell records if no one can place orders...

forehead.jpg

Why not ship everything to the guy with the 25 copies of The Infamous and just post his address?

The sad part is I wonder if they haven't discussed putting that option on the table.

Back