Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The list of known bugs/issues on their migrated site seems to be.... oh, ALL functionality. Who the eff did they have in charge of those test cases? (Yes, I'm making an ass of myself assuming that they actually had an environment other than prod and actually did testing)
VMP: "hey we need a website and store update...when should we tackle that? maybe around the holidays--not a very busy time of year for businesses...no need to beta test it at all, let's just replace our current site and launch it without telling people. and definitely shouldn't email our customers to let them know that something is going on. what could go wrong??"

VMP: "hey we need a website and store update...when should we tackle that? maybe around the holidays--not a very busy time of year for businesses...no need to beta test it at all, let's just replace our current site and launch it without telling people. and definitely shouldn't email our customers to let them know that something is going on. what could go wrong??"
Matt ? Is that you? I have a feeling you might need some of the time back that you gave us.

So, they are just randomly sending stuff out that they have in the warehouse and might or might have tracking for it?
I just got tracking for merle haggard, but no december box. So sending those out individually cannot be especially effective. I mean, i dont complain, but if you're shipping over individual 25$ records to germany future exclusives and anthologies have to become more expensive to earn you that money back.

"This would also be a great time to drop that Fiona Apple record we've been hyping for two-and-a-half years. Get someone on eliminating one month memberships and locking people into the first thing they click on for swaps. Then mail everyone's packages to 6 people.

Feeling good about this team. With the new beanies going up and this book... we're like Parker Lewis. Can't Lose!"

Beck delayed. The message says:

Beck 'Hyperspace' will NOT be shipping in December, due to delays in receiving this stock at the label's warehouse. We will attempt to ship it in Dec.

I'm assuming they meant "attempt to ship it in January."

Still waiting on the fate of my other six records, including Mobb Deep.

Edit: wtf didn't realize I was behind a bunch of posts.

The list of known bugs/issues on their migrated site seems to be.... oh, ALL functionality. Who the eff did they have in charge of those test cases? (Yes, I'm making an ass of myself assuming that they actually had an environment other than prod and actually did testing)
they definitely winged it. would love to see their cutover plan if one even exists (it doesn't)...

Please don’t email in about order statuses right now; we’re trying to dig out of the queue, and requests are preventing us from helping people with lingering account issues. Your order is coming!
HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I paid for products, and until I get them I am going to email their customer service department. I will not hold off. I will not use some new (and probably untested) form buried in their website. I am a customer, and I deserve an official correspondence. I didn't consider VMP's forum an official correspondence, and I certainly do not consider Reddit an official correspondence for customer service.

Was this actually emailed to customers or just to intended to stop negative reddit posts?
Just for giggles, I decided to check my email before I responded. Wait for it...….

No email from VMP. Shocker.

Back