Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Front cover cropping is a bit unfortunate, but yeah, I definitely like the new back cover more.

Next time I'm in Richmond, I'm gonna crate dig for Juju stuff. My old roommate who lives there says he sees their stuff in used record bins all the time. I'm gonna try and grab an OG pressing of Chapter Two: Nia. For whatever reason the VMP reissue completely changed the cover... and also the band name, labeling the release as "Oneness of Juju" rather than that band's predecessor, which was just called "Juju."
Do you know where he crate digs in Richmond? I get there from time to time.

Anyone else's Kevin Morby just not sound good? I can't even explain what is is about it. Some distortion but overall just doesn't sound great.

Anyone else's Kevin Morby just not sound good? I can't even explain what is is about it. Some distortion but overall just doesn't sound great.

Will have to check properly - ive only done first record so far and it didnt grab me. I zoned out.

I got Classics, Essentials, and BADBADNOTGOOD this month. I’m probably getting stuff in June.

I must admit I am torn. I love their product but VMP has made them feel like the enemy to me right now. It would have an easier time canceling if I didn’t enjoy the records so much.

But I am at the end of my patience. After reading @mcherry’s beautifully worded message to Cam, I found myself close to tears and angry at the same time about the whole fiasco. Honestly above all of the reasons...they made a really stupid business decision.

I got Classics, Essentials, and BADBADNOTGOOD this month. I’m probably getting stuff in June.

I must admit I am torn. I love their product but VMP has made them feel like the enemy to me right now. It would have an easier time canceling if I didn’t enjoy the records so much.

But I am at the end of my patience. After reading @mcherry’s beautifully worded message to Cam, I found myself close to tears and angry at the same time about the whole fiasco. Honestly above all of the reasons...they made a really stupid business decision.
TBF I don't know if she even fully cancelled yet. Looks like another case of separate art from the artist.

TBF I don't know if she even fully cancelled yet. Looks like another case of separate art from the artist.

I don’t really care if she canceled or not. Her note was so beautifully and earnestly written. It reminded me of so many reasons why closing the old forum was such a crime.

But I am so excited to have this one up and running. I am so grateful for the peeps that stepped up and made this happen.

Mine is super noisy when I drop the needle, but I don't hear any surface noise after the music starts. I need to listen again. MORE annoying to me is the fact that both discs are very noticeably dish warped! :mad:

I currently cant give em any cash, i might move to a point where i look up the tracks and buy on ebay or discogs or even just buy another version if i want it

Found this online, Weyes Blood Exclusive a bit less spectacular than the mock-up, but somehow I expected it, this Hi-Melt-Peach seemed rather ambitious and these super fancy effects usually don't turn out the way they look on the mock-up. Still probably fits the record best of all variants.
View attachment 1147
I feel like this album should be right in my wheelhouse but for some reason it just has not clicked for me yet at all.

Back