Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Another reason to be happy I went the Analogue Africa route I already have it in hand (along with 3 other albums) it’s not on blue wax which is a bit of a bummer but the gatefold and poster make up for it.

Same, better price and I wanted the AA edition as opposed to the Bongo.

Dua Saleh - Nūr
nur_vinyl_store.jpg

Oh neat, I remember someone suggesting this in the old VMP Exclusives Suggestion thread. I might have to snag it.

I am sure they did. I bought one of the last few available at the beginning of April but was also one of the last boxes shipped this month. I played the VMP Hunger Games this month, and the odds were not in my favor...

In my case Goodie Mob never even had a low stock alert. They just told me it was gone, while still having it available in the store.

I had them replace it with Ivy Sole and unless they ship it immediately and not with next month’s box... I’m not too optimistic with that one, either.

In my case Goodie Mob never even had a low stock alert. They just told me it was gone, while still having it available in the store.

I had them replace it with Ivy Sole and unless they ship it immediately and not with next month’s box... I’m not too optimistic with that one, either.
Well, a somewhat satisfying resolution. Apparently the remaining stock was flagged as damaged due to corner bends in the jacket. Pauly gave me the option of getting one of these, with a credit to account for the damage. Of course, I'd rather have a clean package (I saw that they are selling at a premium on discogs) but would rather have a bent corner + a discount vs. no album + full refund. So like I said, somewhat satisfying...

Well, a somewhat satisfying resolution. Apparently the remaining stock was flagged as damaged due to corner bends in the jacket. Pauly gave me the option of getting one of these, with a credit to account for the damage. Of course, I'd rather have a clean package (I saw that they are selling at a premium on discogs) but would rather have a bent corner + a discount vs. no album + full refund. So like I said, somewhat satisfying...

Maybe someone will have a sleeve to spare

So have we had any additional word on Weyes Blood? Mine is still on my orders page saying it will arrive early June. I wonder if that’s a good sign or no sign at all.

Half will get them in June and if they repress the other half those will be in July or August which there are only 80% sure they will do, that is the last I heard. Oh and the second half people will get a bonus thing like a signed print.

I opened my May box while just watching the old ship sink, and it was missing my Charlie Rouse. *chef’s kiss*

Oh wow - just reading this now reminded me that my box (received on Tuesday) was also supposed to have my Charlie Rouse as well! Guess I was too excited for Novos Baianos, Al Green, Barrie, and Snoop Dogg.

Hey team. My copy of the VMP Oneness of Juju - African Rhythms arrived today, and as I have an OG copy I thought I would share a comparison.

My one main gripe is something that VMP has done before (the Blossom Dearie is a prime example). The original image seems to have come from a low res scan, the colours are less vibrant and the image is less sharp. The back has been completely changed in favour for a new graphic, which I think is pretty cool.

Anyway, any thoughts?

Front cover cropping is a bit unfortunate, but yeah, I definitely like the new back cover more.

Next time I'm in Richmond, I'm gonna crate dig for Juju stuff. My old roommate who lives there says he sees their stuff in used record bins all the time. I'm gonna try and grab an OG pressing of Chapter Two: Nia. For whatever reason the VMP reissue completely changed the cover... and also the band name, labeling the release as "Oneness of Juju" rather than that band's predecessor, which was just called "Juju."

Back