Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Let me interpret this for everyone

VMP: we did something skeezy and you caught us. We will change our policies in the future* so this may or may not happen depending on how much we think you guys want the record. Hey who wants to buy a 15th repress of the Fugees for $45?
*We might, maybe, change this in the future even though this was an intentional change that we easily foresaw this outcome from and we have no incentive to do so because $$$$$.

I don't think they care as long as they sell.

Some may think it is incompetence, but they know which releases the flippers will go for.

And since the direct fan base is gone, there isn't much in the way of them doing it.

This is what I am expecting to happen with the Fiona release....and it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
*We might, maybe, change this in the future even though this was an intentional change that we easily foresaw this outcome from and we have no incentive to do so because $$$$$.

Yea because if it sticks around they will have to sell it for $23 in swaps. "Who cares who gets them as long as I can make my full price."

I thought the limit on Essentials or other ROTMs was always 30?

5 on exclusives though is bullshit and should be 1/2 at least for the first few days/first week. I also am gonna call bullshit on thinking Mobb Deep wouldn’t sell that quickly lol.

2.5 records! We’re gunna need Solomon’s sword around here!

I thought the limit on Essentials or other ROTMs was always 30?

5 on exclusives though is bullshit and should be 1/2 at least for the first few days/first week. I also am gonna call bullshit on thinking Mobb Deep wouldn’t sell that quickly lol.
I don't know. the way I see it allowing members to buy 5 copies of records helps ensure those of us here who are no longer VMP members to ask those who are to secure us some records more easily... it's kind of like sharing a Netflix account ;)

So guys.

Black Friday is approaching. Are we ready for another VMP Black Friday sale weekend extravaganza?
We’ll see if they do much this year. Last year was interesting because they had a lot of non-exclusive titles that they could sell for cheap, but since they’ve stopped selling these types of records, it may not be as big of a deal this time around.

I am looking forward to the goat rodeo it will turn out to be. I need something to push me solidly into the "do not renew" camp

Oh god last year was so shit! I was still a fan of theirs back then but that was definitely a turning point in my relationship with them, sought after albums in the bag, monster crash, all sold out, members codes distributed to and used by non members etc etc etc.

Lets just say this year I’ll be giving it a wide berth!

Last edited:
Back