Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

How do I approach emailing VMP about my disappointment with this record without coming off as a piggy-backer to others' complaints? Damn you social anxiety.

Build up your anger at yet another shit show from hip dudes ye olde coffee shop record company. Let that anger and resentment build and twist like a ball inside you until it devours the anxiety and explodes out of you...

How do I approach emailing VMP about my disappointment with this record without coming off as a piggy-backer to others' complaints? Damn you social anxiety.
Curious myself, spinning mine now at a higher volume and definitely hear all the previously referenced noise in “Touched By An Angel.”
Quite a few pops too, although I haven’t cleaned mine yet.

Also disappointed with my Comet Is Coming record.

Curious myself, spinning mine now at a higher volume and definitely hear all the previously referenced noise in “Touched By An Angel.”
Quite a few pops too, although I haven’t cleaned mine yet.

Also disappointed with my Comet Is Coming record.
I cleaned my Ross on my Okki Nokki and it made zero difference so I doubt that will really do much for this one unfortunately. With Comet Is Coming is it just the warp or does it sound bad too? Because I have the black and it sounds great.

I think you just be honest about it. You have the record, it's very noisy, for 33 dollars it really shouldn't sound like this. Is there something that can be done, either a replacement or some credit's? Honestly that's all I do. Just be nice about it and I'm sure they won't accuse you of piggybacking, I mean god knows month to month they get REAMS of replacement requests for all sorts of issues. I mean between Beach House and Queen and TVOTR and Veedon Fleece among MANY others they must have received THOUSANDS of identical complaints because everyone had the same problems. Nothing really different here...
And I would add that its not just about the noisy pressing. The cheap gatefold and crappy paper inner sleeves do not correspond with the $33 price point. Hell, the BN80 reissues are miles better in pressing and packaging quality, and they sell for $25

I cleaned my Ross on my Okki Nokki and it made zero difference so I doubt that will really do much for this one unfortunately. With Comet Is Coming is it just the warp or does it sound bad too? Because I have the black and it sounds great.
It sounds just like the standard black, and my Side A had a playable warp, but when I flipped it over Side B it had (to put it in their terms) a few nickels worth warp that I was too nervous to even put my needle on.

But paying $11 more for the limited pink and waiting a little over two months for something I’m afraid to play is highly disappointing.
And I would add that its not just about the noisy pressing. The cheap gatefold and crappy paper inner sleeves do not correspond with the $33 price point. Hell, the BN80 reissues are miles better in pressing and packaging quality, and they sell for $25
Exactly, just “meh” all around.

Damn this is really gutting news. This has been the record I have been most anticipating from VMP far a long long while. I've mentioned a few times that I was able to see Joel Ross perform live in a tiny venue in London (me and @NathanRicaud tag-teamed his 2 day residency and covered a day each) and it was superb. Especially considering the vibraphone is a rare instrument to see used nowadays. Its a shame that such a great up-and-coming artist should have such a shitty pressing for their first release.

According to the tracking I should be receiving my package today (Joel Ross, Comet is Coming, Knxwledge, Isley Brothers) and will spin Kingmaker first with crossed fingers.
That Joel Ross concert really was superb! It is maybe the best concert I’ve been to since Prince’s Microphone & Piano tour and Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly tour (both concerts were very close to each other). Like that concert was everything! And I missed out half the show!

When I entered the venue and the host was on stage saying that Joel Ross and his band are coming back now for their second set/half, I was like “ummmmmm?” 😂

Got a quick response from Pauly.

"Yeah, sorry about that title. It was a whole mess from beginning to end, but it was also one of the last titles that was done under our old production process. We have really tightened things up with that, and in regards to QC, so these issues should become less and less frequent.
But like you also said, sometimes its just the audio that we get from the labels, that never sounds good. Either way, we need to do better, and this feedback will help us do that. Did you want any store credit or anything to make up for that? Let me know!
Hope that clears things up somewhat.
I also haven't seen any tickets about this either, so either someone else is answering those, or those folks didn't email in yet.
Either way, I'm sorry that you have to deal with all of this."

I know some of you have your beefs with Pauly and whether or not it's sincere, but generally speaking I have my best CS interactions with him. I'll be asking for some credits.

Back