Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Another thing that annoys me with the VMP Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mystery is the standard came with a nice, non paper audiophile style inner sleeve. What does VMP’s press come with? The cheapest paper sleeve.

They really do cut corners in order to maximize their profits.

Another thing that annoys me with the VMP Trust In The Lifeforce Of The Deep Mystery is the standard came with a nice, non paper audiophile style inner sleeve. What does VMP’s press come with? The cheapest paper sleeve.

They really do cut corners in order to maximize their profits.
Oh that's brutal about the sleeves, Jesus. There are members here that can flatten that for you. Hell I can flatten that for you but it's probably not worth the shipping costs. Correction, it's DEFINITELY not worth the shipping costs... But a US member could...

Oh that's brutal about the sleeves, Jesus. There are members here that can flatten that for you. Hell I can flatten that for you but it's probably not worth the shipping costs. Correction, it's DEFINITELY not worth the shipping costs... But a US member could...
I thought I read somewhere that colored vinyl doesn’t flatten as well as black vinyl. In some cases surface noise was created.

Not sure how true that is, but I guess I’m willing to try. I really need to just buy a vinyl flat, but have been waiting for a sale

I thought I read somewhere that colored vinyl doesn’t flatten as well as black vinyl. In some cases surface noise was created.

Not sure how true that is, but I guess I’m willing to try. I really need to just buy a vinyl flat, but have been waiting for a sale
Coloured vinyl can be more volatile for sure. My flattener is pretty high tech so I don't think it has the same issues in terms of creating noise, it doesn't actually heat the grooves, only the inner label and outer run in. Leaves the music untouched.

And I would add that its not just about the noisy pressing. The cheap gatefold and crappy paper inner sleeves do not correspond with the $33 price point. Hell, the BN80 reissues are miles better in pressing and packaging quality, and they sell for $25
To be completely fair, the BN80 reissues do have horrible paper sleeves that usually have bad static.

Also "new production process" ? What's up with that ? Do we really believe that ? Is this the reason MRP shows up a lot recently for their releases ?
I take it to mean, "we're actually going to look at and play a record to see if it sounds like shit before we start shipping them all out." Some of the stuff that was said in the Anthology apologies and I think before they killed the forum made me think they didn't used to do this.

The worst part about the warping of The Comet is Coming is that it could easily have been prevented. While I haven't played mine yet, it looks a bit warped and I think it's because the shrink wrap was too tight for the gatefold style that it is. Apparently this was pressed at QRP... this is way below their standard so something seems off. Either way, I'll update the post once I spin it. Looks like I may be sending it to you @Mather to flatten with your fancy machine...

The worst part about the warping of The Comet is Coming is that it could easily have been prevented. While I haven't played mine yet, it looks a bit warped and I think it's because the shrink wrap was too tight for the gatefold style that it is. Apparently this was pressed at QRP... this is way below their standard so something seems off. Either way, I'll update the post once I spin it. Looks like I may be sending it to you @Mather to flatten with your fancy machine...
I would absolutely do that. However check at your local shops if you have any to see if they flatten. Some do, and it would save the crazy shipping costs.

@Mather @Djxfactor511

Ok so my package arrived and im spinning joel ross now. I've had a few beers, chilling on the sofa listening and I start hearing these weird 'glitch' noises and im convinced im going mad. The whole C side is littered with them at random times. Ive added a short clip to youtube which I will send to VMP, but god damn its weird. Heres a link

It happens on the same spots each time, so its clearly something wrong with the vinyl, but the fact that it sounds like some sort of feedback distortion is nuts.

@Mather @Djxfactor511

Ok so my package arrived and im spinning joel ross now. I've had a few beers, chilling on the sofa listening and I start hearing these weird 'glitch' noises and im convinced im going mad. The whole C side is littered with them at random times. Ive added a short clip to youtube which I will send to VMP, but god damn its weird. Heres a link

It happens on the same spots each time, so its clearly something wrong with the vinyl, but the fact that it sounds like some sort of feedback distortion is nuts.
You’re not crazy, I had some of those on sides A & D, just not as bad as yours. I sent in a few videos today. They sounded like loud pops to me. I’m going to jump ship on this one and ask for credits or a swap.

You’re not crazy, I had some of those on sides A & D, just not as bad as yours. I sent in a few videos today. They sounded like loud pops to me. I’m going to jump ship on this one and ask for credits or a swap.
How weird? Its such a strange noise as well. Like it sounds as if its meant to be there (it obviously isnt) as its not the typical pop or crackle sound. Im going to listen through the other records I got from them then send off a complaint. Super annoyed as this is one of the albums of the year for me so far.

How weird? Its such a strange noise as well. Like it sounds as if its meant to be there (it obviously isnt) as its not the typical pop or crackle sound. Im going to listen through the other records I got from them then send off a complaint. Super annoyed as this is one of the albums of the year for me so far.
Does it make almost a digital "zzzzzip" sound? Really quick like half a second each time?

Back