Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Hahaha. I can confirm that the correct record was in there. Just cleaned it now.

Actually, on a side note I am about halfway through a clean of my latest VMP batch and I realised that they seem to be a lot closer matches to their mockups than usual. I'm not overly bothered about the colours matching up and stuff but in the past its been a 50-50 chance they look like their mockups. Heres the Thelonious Monk which looks like a spot on match.

IMG_7540.jpg

Hahaha. I can confirm that the correct record was in there. Just cleaned it now.

Actually, on a side note I am about halfway through a clean of my latest VMP batch and I realised that they seem to be a lot closer matches to their mockups than usual. I'm not overly bothered about the colours matching up and stuff but in the past its been a 50-50 chance they look like their mockups. Heres the Thelonious Monk which looks like a spot on match.

View attachment 84993
Mine was grim. Good luck!

View attachment 84993
How does it sound?

How does it sound? It'll probably be at least another week before my copy arrives from one state over...
How does it sound?
Just finished the A-Side and its a decent pressing. I will need to spin again and pay a bit more attention but im definitely happy with it. Although as @Rowan said, the amount of paper debris on all of them was crazy! Definitely benefited from a proper clean.

Just finished the A-Side and its a decent pressing. I will need to spin again and pay a bit more attention but im definitely happy with it. Although as @Rowan said, the amount of paper debris on all of them was crazy! Definitely benefited from a proper clean.
How was your monk?

I cleaned that monk 3 times and it still clicked every 20 seconds on side a. And I could fit Oscars paw under the warp on side B. Absolutely infuriating.
Bummer to hear that, fingers crossed my copy fares better. I trust you've already let them know and a replacement will be on the way?

While I still have at least a week before my VMP box arrives, I did get my Colemine exclusive of Aaron Frazer's solo album. Sounds divine and I'm definitely happy I went with their nebula variant. VMP's variant looks nice, but I think this is even prettier and it ended up like $10 cheaper to boot.

Haha, send them a pic of that and see if you get a replacement even though you didn't use an officially approved nickel.
I've never seen this before but its actually bowled. So when you put my weight on side a you can actually see the record sink.

Bummer to hear that, fingers crossed my copy fares better. I trust you've already let them know and a replacement will be on the way?
Yeah. To VMPs credit they're replacing so it's no biggy. Just annoying to go through the process of cleaning, re-sleeving etc for it then to be impaired. What I will say is through the clicks it's a fantastic concert

I've never seen this before but its actually bowled. So when you put my weight on side a you can actually see the record sink.
Much luckier than me if you've never had a bad dish before! Always a bummer, hope they get you a good one.

Oh my god, one in 900.
I have like 100 in 500
WHO HAVE I WRONGED IN A FORMER LIFE
Yeah man, I get the crazy wavy ones. Not the symmetrically screwed ones... Till now. Who knows. Maybe the floodgates will open

I cleaned that monk 3 times and it still clicked every 20 seconds on side a. And I could fit Oscars paw under the warp on side B. Absolutely infuriating.
Oh man, I haven't listened to it yet. Might have to put that one on next, been looking forward to it as well. I missed out on the RSD pressing and this VMP came in cheaper anyway.

Back