Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh man, I haven't listened to it yet. Might have to put that one on next, been looking forward to it as well. I missed out on the RSD pressing and this VMP came in cheaper anyway.
I'm sure it'll be fine. I think they might have collected all the clicks and pops that they'd allocated the full 2500 press and stuck them all on mine so the other 2499 will hopefully be perfect

I cleaned that monk 3 times and it still clicked every 20 seconds on side a. And I could fit Oscars paw under the warp on side B. Absolutely infuriating.
Listening to Monk now. There was a slight warp which I can live with, but I'm about 3 mins into the first side and constant pops every few seconds to the point where I'm concentrating on them over the music. I literally cleaned it last night as well so there's no way its residue. Properly annoying considering how excited I was for it.

Listening to Monk now. There was a slight warp which I can live with, but I'm about 3 mins into the first side and constant pops every few seconds to the point where I'm concentrating on them over the music. I literally cleaned it last night as well so there's no way its residue. Properly annoying considering how excited I was for it.
Yeah. Same here. My new one has already been dispatched so I'll let you know what its like.

We filling up the international pif thread with ropey Monks?

Yeah. Same here. My new one has already been dispatched so I'll let you know what its like.

Shooting them an email now. To be honest I stopped playing it because it was annoying me so much.

It's funny because I was chatting to someone the other day about how I'm always more hesitant to buy second-hand piano-led sessions because they tend to be 'quieter' and don't hide small pops ect (just think of any Bill Evans record!)......now im going to have to add Tidal Waves/VMP piano-led releases to the list!

Bummer to hear that, fingers crossed my copy fares better. I trust you've already let them know and a replacement will be on the way?

While I still have at least a week before my VMP box arrives, I did get my Colemine exclusive of Aaron Frazer's solo album. Sounds divine and I'm definitely happy I went with their nebula variant. VMP's variant looks nice, but I think this is even prettier and it ended up like $10 cheaper to boot.
I just ordered the Colemine ‘sclusie of this. I’ve been streaming the album a lot and I believe it’s AAA so glad to hear it sounds good! Apparently he recorded it analogue in Dan Auerbach’s studio.

Shooting them an email now. To be honest I stopped playing it because it was annoying me so much.

It's funny because I was chatting to someone the other day about how I'm always more hesitant to buy second-hand piano-led sessions because they tend to be 'quieter' and don't hide small pops ect (just think of any Bill Evans record!)......now im going to have to add Tidal Waves/VMP piano-led releases to the list!
I think it's actually the worst pressing they've sent me. The clicks were just constant. I made it through and it's a great show but man does the pressing suck. Id have traded mad pink swirly shit but noisy for clean, flat and black in a second. Worrying that we both have the same issues. But you never know. 2nd time lucky. My Billie replacement was impeccable so there is hope

Actually, wasn't the 'A Rare Evening' abomination a Tidal Waves/VMP colab too

I think it's actually the worst pressing they've sent me. The clicks were just constant. I made it through and it's a great show but man does the pressing suck. Id have traded mad pink swirly shit but noisy for clean, flat and black in a second. Worrying that we both have the same issues. But you never know. 2nd time lucky. My Billie replacement was impeccable so there is hope

Actually, wasn't the 'A Rare Evening' abomination a Tidal Waves/VMP colab too

Mine doesn't sound as bad as your's or Seelaws, although it had continuous (low volume) clicking on side 2. I'm hopeful a good clean will fix it 😬

I have had an issue with a couple of colour vinyl Tidal Waves pressing before, I can't remember what titles. I do have some good sounding titles.

Mine doesn't sound as bad as your's or Seelaws, although it had continuous (low volume) clicking on side 2. I'm hopeful a good clean will fix it 😬

I have had an issue with a couple of colour vinyl Tidal Waves pressing before, I can't remember what titles. I do have some good sounding titles.
Its a shame as it's a genuinely great show. I was listening through gritted teeth but i played it out where as most albums with that much noise would come straight off as soon as the film of the playback was fired into VMP. Despite mine (and it appears Selaws's and your own to a more limited extent) being a bit urgh I think it's a great pick and if they can manage to get me a decent copy it'll see plenty of play.

Its a shame as it's a genuinely great show. I was listening through gritted teeth but i played it out where as most albums with that much noise would come straight off as soon as the film of the playback was fired into VMP. Despite mine (and it appears Selaws's and your own to a more limited extent) being a bit urgh I think it's a great pick and if they can manage to get me a decent copy it'll see plenty of play.

I agree. I'm hoping I can clean mine up. I ended up listening t the whole thing on first play despite the noise. It's a a great session, loved the drum solo toward stem end of the first side.

Same issue here. Did they ask you to send a video or just agreed to replace it?

Back