Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Sharrock is one of the ones I got tracking for (the day is upon us!!!). I had Alexander a few months ago now, did you order recently?
No because I am no longer a member they are holding Alexander until Sharrock ships and I got tired of arguing with the eejits. But if you got an actual shipping notice for Sharrock I will hit them up with another email asking what the hell is up.

Edit: the website still lists Sharrock as 'pre-order' and not shipping until mid-Feb.

No because I am no longer a member they are holding Alexander until Sharrock ships and I got tired of arguing with the eejits. But if you got an actual shipping notice for Sharrock I will hit them up with another email asking what the hell is up.

Edit: the website still lists Sharrock as 'pre-order' and not shipping until mid-Feb.
Ah I see, thats pretty bad considering Sharrock has been delayed for god only knows how long!

Hmm maybe shoot them an email to say people have received shipping for it?

Is Sonny Sharrock being shipped separately or with people's ROTM boxes? I haven't gotten shipping on anything so far this month, but if Sharrock is included (as well as Peanuts Portraits, which got tied to the pre-order) then I'm looking at a monster box this month with 11-ish records total.

Of course, they need to send the thing first.

Is Sonny Sharrock being shipped separately or with people's ROTM boxes? I haven't gotten shipping on anything so far this month, but if Sharrock is included (as well as Peanuts Portraits, which got tied to the pre-order) then I'm looking at a monster box this month with 11-ish records total.

I have Sharrock on its way as part of 13 records VMP are sending. But, they seem to have sent them as separate packages, with just a few doubled up in a single package. I imagine if you selected the option to have it send as part of the ROTM box it will be in one package (even though it doesnt make sense because they delayed it so long!).

In regards to the Store Exclusives that droppped earlier this week, I was actually really interested in the Noga Erez VMP exclusive as it was the ‘big’ exclusive of the week! Especially as her music is up my alley!

So.....I checked out the singles for Noga Erez’ upcoming album and I just didn’t really like any of them at all unfortunately. The singles had a bright, harsh, artificial sound to them and Noga’s cartoonish vocal and energy sounded too forced instead of confident and swagger like. Also, it just sounds like she’s drowning in her influences.

“You So Done” sounded straight up like a Billie Eilish ripoff, and her vocals came off as drab. “VIEWS” sounds so much like a Gorillaz song, with those bright synths and the male robotic vocals in the chorus which sound like they’re impersonating Damon Albion. The track is just so messy and the song climaxes into the chorus which sounds so anticlimactic. Then you have “End Of The Road” which has an extremely irritating and aggressive chorus. The production sounds like a pharrell ripoff and there’s just something very synthetic and commercial-ready about the track I don’t like. There’s something very try-hard futuristic Fergie/Black Eyed Peas about the song for me.

I definitely won’t be grabbing that Noga Erez exclusive although I do find her fusion of different genres really interesting! I just wish they made more sense instead of sounding like they were too strongly influenced by other artists.

Anyone else feel like Noga Erez’ singles sound too synthetic, forceful and harsh?

In regards to the Store Exclusives that droppped earlier this week, I was actually really interested in the Noga Erez VMP exclusive as it was the ‘big’ exclusive of the week! Especially as her music is up my alley!

So.....I checked out the singles for Noga Erez’ upcoming album and I just didn’t really like any of them at all unfortunately. The singles had a bright, harsh, artificial sound to them and Noga’s cartoonish vocal and energy sounded too forced instead of confident and swagger like. Also, it just sounds like she’s drowning in her influences.

“You So Done” sounded straight up like a Billie Eilish ripoff, and her vocals came off as drab. “VIEWS” sounds so much like a Gorillaz song, with those bright synths and the male robotic vocals in the chorus which sound like they’re impersonating Damon Albion. The track is just so messy and the song climaxes into the chorus which sounds so anticlimactic. Then you have “End Of The Road” which has an extremely irritating and aggressive chorus. The production sounds like a pharrell ripoff and there’s just something very synthetic and commercial-ready about the track I don’t like. There’s something very try-hard futuristic Fergie/Black Eyed Peas about the song for me.

I definitely won’t be grabbing that Noga Erez exclusive although I do find her fusion of different genres really interesting! I just wish they made more sense instead of sounding like they were too strongly influenced by other artists.

Anyone else feel like Noga Erez’ singles sound too synthetic, forceful and harsh?
I'm a bit torn. You wrote that her music is up your alley so I assume you're familiar with her debut album, which also got a VMP exclusive release. I think songs such as Pity, Dance While You Shoot and Toy are good examples that her music has always been very synthetic, forceful, harsh, with certain vocal peculiarities... and yet very good! The debut already had its fair share of influences, nevertheless she channeled them into an exciting new sound, complemented by some direct lyricism and her unique voice.

It's also pre Billie debut album era, so that ripoff is not entirely valid, as the song doesn't veer off too much from what she's done on her debut, especially on the title track. But I echo the sentiment regarding the Gorillaz: they've always been an influence to her music and the stronger integration of her (life and music) partner Ori Rousso on this new album (he was producer on Off The Radar) definitely amplifies this.

Overall, these new songs haven't clicked with me either. The darker and at times more experimental approach that she took on her debut, especially on Worth None and Balkada, is lacking IMO, at least in the singles we got so far. I still consider the influence-heavy debut album as the anchor to her music, but the production on this new album definitely seems to strech to other territories I like less. I'll be checking out the album on release date, but no pre-order for me.

P.S. for those interested in her earlier work, she released a reworked version of the Radar-album live with with the Israel Camerata Jerusalem, which adds some nice and unusual orchestral arrangements to these pop songs. Worth None, which already includes strings in the original, is particularly gorgeous, both mediative and stirring.

Last edited:
I'm a bit torn. You wrote that her music is up your alley so I assume you're familiar with her debut album, which also got a VMP exclusive release. I think songs such as Pity, Dance While You Shoot and Toy are good examples that her music has always been very synthetic, forceful, harsh, with certain vocal peculiarities... and yet very good! The debut already had its fair share of influences, nevertheless she channeled them into an exciting new sound, complemented by some direct lyricism and her unique voice.

It's also pre Billie debut album era, so that ripoff is not entirely valid, as the song doesn't veer off too much from what she's done on her debut, especially on the title track. But I echo the sentiment regarding the Gorillaz: they've always been an influence to her music and the stronger integration of her (life and music) partner Ori Rousso on this new album (he was producer on Off The Radar) definitely amplifies this.

Overall, these new songs haven't clicked with me either. The darker and at times more experimental approach that she took on her debut, especially on Worth None and Balkada, is lacking IMO, at least in the singles we got so far. I still consider the influence-heavy debut album as the anchor to her music, but the production on this new album definitely seems to strech to other territories I like less. I'll be checking out the album on release date, but no pre-order for me.

P.S. for those interested in her earlier work, she released a reworked version of the Radar-album live with with the Israel Camerata Jerusalem, which adds some nice and unusual orchestral arrangements to these pop songs. Worth None, which already includes strings in the original, is particularly gorgeous, both mediative and stirring.
Thank you for the that description and background info on Noga Erez! It was a really nice read!

When I listened to the singles from her upcoming album, they were all songs that felt familiar. Her style of music is up my alley for sure because I love all the artists’ she pulls influences from (Gorillaz, M.I.A., Missy Elliott, James Blake etc), but I just find her music uninteresting unfortunately. I enjoyed her single “Toy”, but didn’t connect to “Off The Radar” or “Pity”. They just felt overproduced and harsh but not in a tastefully executed way.

I’m happy for those who like Noga Erez and I will definitely check out her music in the future as she is definitely someone who I believe will improve with each album she releases!

Still no shipping notification for Sharrock, still hate VMP (that probably won’t change even after I receive that record).
Contact them. I had 4 unshipped records (including the Sharrock) for some reason, contacted them yesterday (through chat) and at least now I have a tracking number.

If its any help, I'm pretty sure they have Sonny Sharrock in stock. I should have it in my package that's just cleared customs here in the UK, which usually means I will get it the next day.

I've just got a shipping notice for Sonny Shamrock on its own I the last few days. I received my January box las week

Back