Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

and a cheap scale
Shark Tank I'm Out GIFs | Tenor

What Joe said. The policies are annoying but once they're set up, it's super easy. And convenient since it will add on shipping and you'll get payment (usually) immediately.

I have no issues. Super hassle free and most people are very pleasant to deal with. Printing shipping labels is really easy from Paypal or Discogs. I generally do Paypal since the address is filled in already (make sure they match) and you can add on insurance. For international, discogs labels are way cheaper though.

The sales history make it super easy to decide what to price stuff at too. You can make an educated decision on if you want to price it to move fast, or try to stick to what similiar ones have sold recently. Honestly can't recommend it enough if you're trying to clear up space or make a quick buck
I honestly wish that they kept the previous system of requesting postage after adding it to your bag, or allowing you to set the postage per item. I have sold a lot of ebay and discogs and never had an issue in the past. I had a 'standard postage' section which could be looked at, but most of the time I would get a message before hand.

The new discogs system is ok if the majority of your stock is a standard size, but with things like box sets, it doesn't really work if you have it as a cost per lp. If you have it set up as weight its a bit easier, but even then I tend to go the extra mile with packaging for more expensive records and usually only accept some sort of recorded system.

I honestly wish that they kept the previous system of requesting postage after adding it to your bag, or allowing you to set the postage per item. I have sold a lot of ebay and discogs and never had an issue in the past. I had a 'standard postage' section which could be looked at, but most of the time I would get a message before hand.

The new discogs system is ok if the majority of your stock is a standard size, but with things like box sets, it doesn't really work if you have it as a cost per lp. If you have it set up as weight its a bit easier, but even then I tend to go the extra mile with packaging for more expensive records and usually only accept some sort of recorded system.

I like the new system since it does it automatically and I get payment usually immediately. But they should definitely not make it a requirement. Make it optional.

I just do everything by Record so that generally covers box sets. Media mail is pretty cheap so I've found even box sets don't cost more than what shipping automatically charges at my set prices

I weigh a record inside a mailer before I add it to cogs and set that as its weight. My postage policy is also set by weight. Taking the time to do this makes it actually much easier for me than the old way once I had taken the time to set it up. It’s also miles more preferable as a buyer.

I weigh a record inside a mailer before I add it to cogs and set that as its weight. My postage policy is also set by weight. Taking the time to do this makes it actually much easier for me than the old way once I had taken the time to set it up. It’s also miles more preferable as a buyer.
I think its more the aspect that you have to treat each album as the same in terms of shipping (unless there is a way to set each individual price) which irks me.

For example, I just now sold an album (albeit on eBay) for £5 plus £3.20 postage. I know that the £3.20 is the exact price for a Royal Mail standard 2nd class shipping for a small parcel. However, I sold an album for over £650 last year and had it fully insured with the quickest delivery time. With the weight or lp system of postage, Discogs would view those 2 items as the same but in reality, I would no way use the standard second class postage for the 2nd sale. If that makes sense?

I think its more the aspect that you have to treat each album as the same in terms of shipping (unless there is a way to set each individual price) which irks me.

For example, I just now sold an album (albeit on eBay) for £5 plus £3.20 postage. I know that the £3.20 is the exact price for a Royal Mail standard 2nd class shipping for a small parcel. However, I sold an album for over £650 last year and had it fully insured with the quickest delivery time. With the weight or lp system of postage, Discogs would view those 2 items as the same but in reality, I would no way use the standard second class postage for the 2nd sale. If that makes sense?

Oh right I’m only selling off higher value stuff so I’m listing it to clear out space and make funds for audiophile pressings lol. Because of that everything is set to An Post Recorded and so it’s no skin off my nose. I tend to PIF or charity shop the lower value stuff.

Last edited:
Oh right I’m only selling off higher value stuff so I’m listing to to clear out space and make funds for audiophile pressings lol. Because of that everything is set to An Post Recorded and so it’s no skin off my nose. I tend to PIF or charity shop the lower value stuff.
Yeah exactly, works well if everything that's being sold fits into the same kind of value category. There's no way someone would pay more for postage over the record (unless it's a weird sort of circumstance). I actually mainly stick to selling reissues or sealed items on Discogs most of the time as they are almost always VG+ or Mint. With eBay its a lot easier to show blemishes or issues in the photos and stuff.

It's not bad, but the new shipping thing is really annoying. I sell between discogs/ebay/reddit when I can. Just depends on the release and where I think I'd get the best sale price. As @Joe Mac said, once you take the time to set up shipping, it's real simple to sell on there.

I have been selling so much international lately because a lot of US sellers decided it was too much hassle to setup worldwide shipping.

What Joe said. The policies are annoying but once they're set up, it's super easy. And convenient since it will add on shipping and you'll get payment (usually) immediately.

I have no issues. Super hassle free and most people are very pleasant to deal with. Printing shipping labels is really easy from Paypal or Discogs. I generally do Paypal since the address is filled in already (make sure they match) and you can add on insurance. For international, discogs labels are way cheaper though.

The sales history make it super easy to decide what to price stuff at too. You can make an educated decision on if you want to price it to move fast, or try to stick to what similiar ones have sold recently. Honestly can't recommend it enough if you're trying to clear up space or make a quick buck

I just figured out the shipping service I use, plugs into discogs and pulls all the info! (pirateship.com). And you can get insurance on media mail for pretty cheap.

You can change shipping cost by service, weight or country.

Dude, my want list is a ghost town since those new regulations came in. I'd say 70% of sellers dropped international.

The sad part is, its not that hard. 24$ covers me for most of Europe. 14$ covers me for North America. The range of weight to price is 2lbs so I dont worry about weight on 99% of what I sell.

I like the new system since it does it automatically and I get payment usually immediately. But they should definitely not make it a requirement. Make it optional.

I just do everything by Record so that generally covers box sets. Media mail is pretty cheap so I've found even box sets don't cost more than what shipping automatically charges at my set prices
But you have to remember, media mail is only an American luxury.

Back