Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

jfitzy

It’s a thing. I was gonna have a dedicated music in my finished basement but the air is too damp down there even with a dehumidifier running non stop. So instead I have completely taken over a spare bedroom (which also doubles as my WFH office). I love it, but ban it filled up fast.
This is where I’m at currently. Hijacked a spare bedroom we were only using for storage and have made it my record listening room and home office while I work remotely. It seems like a decent sized room before I moved all my shit in here.... now it seems to have shrunk? Weird.

Have you seen @Mather ? Does he look like a milk crate kinda guy?

Me on the other hand, definitely a milk crate guy
No, definitely not hahah I was posting that more for the general discussion. It took me a while of searching to find those when I was trying to come up with a more modular solution than kallax. I can't wait to buy a house (hopefully soon!) and move everything to Kallax units. However for the time being these are great!

Matt M

I'm looking at a house purchase possibly this year, 2022 at the latest depending what the market looks like. I can't imagine what a dedicated music room will do to me in the future.
I just bought a house, will be ready in April...and it has an 18' X 15' bonus room that will be records/entertainment/desk area. I'm so looking forward to this!

hatfieldpdx

I really can't get into the Dead, although I love so many bands that they influenced. So it would probably be one of those. Hiss Golden Messenger is one that I've seen cover the Dead, and it sounds so much better to my ears. There are a bunch of bands that I should enjoy and are right up my alley, but just don't catch me....a couple examples are Drive By Truckers and John Prine (although I am getting the VMP ROTM to try and get through that).

I’m with you on Drive-by Truckers, but Prine? Seriously? Wow, I’m stunned.

NathanRicaud

On a serious note, I don’t even know if I’ll be alive by the time I’m 60 years old! I’m not even 30 yet and imagine how much more unattractive I’ll be in my 50’s compared to my 20’s! Like, what’s the point of saving up so much money for when you’re 60+ when physically you’re not as fit and nowhere near as good looking as you used to be!

Yes, you can travel. But being young and hot in Rio De Janiero is so different to being old and average in comparison! It’s not gonna be the same vibes when you go to Copacabana beach!

Also, I’m happy I’m indulging on vinyl now while I’m young because imagine what I’ll probably be enjoying in the future; spinning my One-Steps and MoFi’s and AP pressings on my future MoFi Ultradeck turntable!

In my opinion, the more things you enjoy and do when you’re younger, the more fearless and ambitious and carefree you become!

NathanRicaud

I just bought a house, will be ready in April...and it has an 18' X 15' bonus room that will be records/entertainment/desk area. I'm so looking forward to this!
Omg, that’s amazing!!! I love that you say “bonus room” 😂😂😂

Wow, I would love to come over and visit your place in the future! It would be so epic I’d imagine! 😍