Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

View attachment 83748
Retro Arcade. Game cabinet has 12,500 games on it. Pretty much every arcade game from about 1975 until the late 90s.
And SuperChexx Bubble Hockey, best bubble hockey game ever.

It's just a normal ass house, pretty small, old as fuck, dogs are lazy, wife and I are boring as hell... horrible to be around, I don't advise it.
He’s big time!

Haha, no kids and no car means toys for Mather.
It pays fine, but nothing crazy.

Lol Love that dual income no children life. It's what allows my Vinyl buying habits too (after 401k savings each month of course).

I miss that no car life though. After 6 years in NYC, I'm not in the suburbs and drop $600+ on the car. I wish I was more congizant when buying my townhouse and looked for something with a furnished basement. My wife doesnt mind the spending but wants our house to look immaculate so my Vinyl collection is seriously pushing it already. Any extra toys are (understandably) a no go.

I'm late to this conversation too, but I'm at like 1.5k records or something like in probably 5ish years? Not good, not good.

Lol Love that dual income no children life. It's what allows my Vinyl buying habits too (after 401k savings each month of course).

I miss that no car life though. After 6 years in NYC, I'm not in the suburbs and drop $600+ on the car. I wish I was more congizant when buying my townhouse and looked for something with a furnished basement. My wife doesnt mind the spending but wants our house to look immaculate so my Vinyl collection is seriously pushing it already. Any extra toys are (understandably) a no go.

I'm late to this conversation too, but I'm at like 1.5k records or something like in probably 5ish years? Not good, not good.
Wait I thought my 401k was supposed to be spent on records...

shit. I have to go make a call.

Wait I thought my 401k was supposed to be spent on records...

shit. I have to go make a call.

Lol, taking cues from @NathanRicaud?

I justify the record buying as Investments in some ways too. If the bubble doesnt burst I can certainly sell of alot one day. I've had 300+ sales on discogs so far (mainly for freeing space) and have definitely made a good amount more back than I spent. Problem is, this outlook really doesnt curb impulse buying....

I justify the record buying as Investments in some ways too. If the bubble doesnt burst I can certainly sell of alot one day. I've had 300+ sales on discogs so far (mainly for freeing space) and have definitely made a good amount more back than I spent. Problem is, this outlook really doesnt curb impulse buying....
Yea--I have purchased a few for investments and it's kinda crazy how much my discogs median value has jumped up in the past year even. I do think it's going to burst but I don't buy a ton for investments. There are quite a few that I think I may just end up selling (some of the now expensive VMP ones that I just don't spin much) but I've definitely moved toward buying quality over quantity for the past year. Well...to be honest, it's still quantity but just more expensive now haha

I have a pile that I want to sell on discogs but every time I start the process I get overwhelmed by the logistics. Is it easier than I think it is?

I have a pile that I want to sell on discogs but every time I start the process I get overwhelmed by the logistics. Is it easier than I think it is?
It's not bad, but the new shipping thing is really annoying. I sell between discogs/ebay/reddit when I can. Just depends on the release and where I think I'd get the best sale price. As @Joe Mac said, once you take the time to set up shipping, it's real simple to sell on there.

It's not bad, but the new shipping thing is really annoying. I sell between discogs/ebay/reddit when I can. Just depends on the release and where I think I'd get the best sale price. As @Joe Mac said, once you take the time to set up shipping, it's real simple to sell on there.

It is and I’d definitely recommend only allowing registered/recorded shipping. Takes so much hassle out of the process!

Same. It just looks like the most difficult thing ever, especially with all the new shipping logistics.
Same same - ugh... What I really need to do, though, is compile the list and post it here first for you fine people to peruse and get first dibs on, before listing them on discogs.

Same same - ugh... What I really need to do, though, is compile the list and post it here first for you fine people to peruse and get first dibs on, before listing them on discogs.
Depending on the titles, I have sold a bunch on reddit as well and never had any issues. Any hip hop records or VMP albums sell nearly immediately on reddit for me. Pricing them under discogs lowest current sale helps but I also save money by not having to pay the discogs fee. I always forget about the discogs fee when I sell on there then I get a bill at the end of the month haha

Yeah I will be doing that too however with the international shipping unfortunately it'll likely make the prices kinda not great for anyone south of the border who are used to 5 dolla shipping.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess a threshold question for me is, can I sell on discogs without ever leaving my apartment? Like, can I print shipping labels at home, or do I need to go to the post office?
Yes. You can print labels via PayPal or Discogs own shipping tool. PayPal is less expensive for media mail, whereas Discogs shipping tool is less expensive for international. As long as your postal worker will take outgoing packages, you should be all set. Other items you'll need: mailers, tape, and a cheap scale.

So see, this is how it all starts! I'll have five of them before I even decide that I'm in on him 😂

Agreed with @MikeH that the live album is a great place to start - he is a storyteller at heart - along with the debut. I was lucky enough to see him on The Missing Years tour in '92 and have been hooked ever since. Bruised Orange is pretty great, but I'd be sure to work Sweet Revenge into your first five. It's a perfect blend of his sense of humor and storytelling prowess. Not to mention, that album cover.

My prediction: you'll have more Prine records than me by this time next month. 🤣

Last edited:

Same. It just looks like the most difficult thing ever, especially with all the new shipping logistics.

Setting up shipping policies and the like is messy but once you take your time and do that properly the actual listing and selling of items is really easy!

What Joe said. The policies are annoying but once they're set up, it's super easy. And convenient since it will add on shipping and you'll get payment (usually) immediately.

I have no issues. Super hassle free and most people are very pleasant to deal with. Printing shipping labels is really easy from Paypal or Discogs. I generally do Paypal since the address is filled in already (make sure they match) and you can add on insurance. For international, discogs labels are way cheaper though.

The sales history make it super easy to decide what to price stuff at too. You can make an educated decision on if you want to price it to move fast, or try to stick to what similiar ones have sold recently. Honestly can't recommend it enough if you're trying to clear up space or make a quick buck

Back