Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Are you devastated wynn72? Especially as you were so excited for the Pardner Me, Please track!?

Are you going to resubscribe when the Country track commences next year?!

I'm not really devastated at all. If you couldn't tell by my response, that was me in that tweet.

I saw this coming (though obviously not as high as 50%). At the end of the day, Vinyl is a hobby and a non-necessary guilty purchase that I like to spend my disposable income on. Music is pretty much now accessible to all cheaply via streaming services, no one has to pay for Vinyl and people should definitely vote with their wallets if they are fed up. For me personally my only real vices are dining out and Vinyl, and sometimes I spend far too much on both. The only thing that strongly bothers me with them is when something I spend money on, that is supposed to just bring me enjoyment in life, adds unnecessary stress (i.e. Their awful fulfillment practices and ridiculously long to non-existent CS responses).

I havent decided fully yet how this is going to effect me going forward with VMP, but I do know if a Vinyl Me Pardner track comes out I'm signing up for sure. What I'm thinking as of now is I will also almost definitely stay on board for Classics monthly.
Essentials will likely stay but be swapped more, as I can't be as free and loose about exclusive buying and RHH is the most likely to go for me, as it's not a genre I listen to as much as I'd like on wax anyway and I can just swap between that and Essentials when needed.

Last edited:
I can't even fathom the absurdly poor business sense up and down the organization to result in a situation like this.

It's like that Simpsons episode where Bart got an elephant and homer tried price gouging elephant rides after getting the food bill.

Omg, I just watched this and this is so on point! Like legit, this is so VMP right now! 🤣

I love the “Get Off My Property” at the end of the video! It’s everything! 🤣🤣🤣

I still smell a fish, unless they’re making some shocking mistakes or are criminally overpaying for licensing I just don’t see how costs are spiralling this quickly.

I legitimately think this is the price of ending a business deal with Vinceron. It would explain this move & their refusal to address the situation, even though directly asked about it today on reddit.

It really would!
It's a bit sad when you consider where they started and what they claimed to stand for but they only have themselves to blame for the unenviable position they're in. It's hard to not feel a bit of schadenfreude in all of this. It would also be a great way to explore the vinyl boom of the 2010s by examining a company that took advantage of it.

VMP executives discussing 7500 copies of Grateful Deadstock:
Fart-Smell_3200x1800.gif

who the hell decided on 7500 for a niche box set

if this was like the blue note anthology or something, yeah that makes sense, but for grateful dead that seems like hardcore overkill...

maybe they originally wanted 750 copies and they added in a 0
The Grateful Dead ain't niche. They might be the most popular band in the United States right now. The issue is that this set has too many standards for diehard Deadheads and is too pricey for being dipping their toes. For example, I had half the records in the set (and everything on CD) and I havent even tried hard to get a lot of Dead on vinyl.

It is only really a good choice if you're into high quality pressings and are like @Mather and have the budget to do it (though I hope he realizes its USD, not CAD). Its just there aren't 7500 people in that category.

I can't believe they aren't offering this price cut to all renewals, not just ones that are imminent. I shouldn't be shafted $100 just because my renewal is a little later. It's arbitrary
Tyler responded to my email saying that the 'bridge offer' will be sent when my "renewal gets closer". Who knows if that's true or not.

Back