Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So I will quit after spiritualised , my monthly sub will be too high and I’m not gonna commit to buying three months at a time as I’m not convinced I will want all three , and swaps are a wasteland at the moment

The quarterly is still shit value too, it’s only $2.33 a month cheaper and $49.66 is still a crazy price for what they offer.

Likely because that script was written by some sort of automated algorith-AROUND YOUR MARROW
It really does read like those AI generated scripts for an episode of Seinfeld or something.

I don't know about you all, but one of my favorite things about a cup of coffee is the commotion of the room. The rustle of the beans and the sigh of the steam are alright too I guess... but i LOVE some good commotion.

Good thing they're really tightening their belts and making sure every dollar counts:

It’s funny how just reading this makes everything about VMP now make sense to me. I have no further questions 😂

I was indecisive of renewing my 3-month-term anyway, charging 50$ per record for internationals made the decision to cancel very easy.

Honestly, it saddens me a bit - I had some issues with them, but mostly those were fixed timely and free shipping in addition to mostly tax-free-imports always came in handy.

But because of you guys and the respective threads there are plenty of great records to discover elsewhere. Wax Buyers Club looks interesting for sure, maybe I'll give it a shot.

So, for the third and presumably final time

goodbye.PNG

I still smell a fish, unless they’re making some shocking mistakes or are criminally overpaying for licensing I just don’t see how costs are spiralling this quickly. I mean they’re charging MOFI 2LP money for what are essentially bog standard quality colour presses. It’s not exactly like they’re short of buyers, any vinyl store would give its right arm for 30,000 captive customers every month and they don’t even have the overhead of a physical shop!
Yeah, the idea that the price increase is simply to "maintain the increased quality" line that Pauly has been claiming (no offense to him, he's just repeating the company lines) make no sense. VMP's product doesn't compete with AP or MoFi, yet they're now pricing as if they do. They don't have a revenue problem, they have a cost/cash flow problem

I legitimately think this is the price of ending a business deal with Vinceron. It would explain this move & their refusal to address the situation, even though directly asked about it today on reddit.
I had this thought earlier. It would make the sudden change make A LOT more sense.

There is a poll posted on reddit on if people will leave or not, so far 670 people have said yes. If those 670 people cancel, and lets say they only subbed to one track, were US based, and didn't buy anything else...thats $28k per month revenue they have lost
Yeah as it stands they're sitting at a 10% customer retention rate if the poll responses were realistic.

Yeah, the idea that the price increase is simply to "maintain the increased quality" line that Pauly has been claiming (no offense to him, he's just repeating the company lines) make no sense. VMP's product doesn't compete with AP or MoFi, yet they're now pricing as if they do. They don't have a revenue problem, they have a cost/cash flow problem

Which makes no sense given the buying power their subscriber base gives them and their lack of equivalent overheads when compared with companies that have to keep up stores and sales forces. They really have no logistical or business nous at all!

Their responses on twitter have also been very telling.

“oh don’t worry there is a bridge discount if your membership is up in September!”

“I’ve been a member for 6 years. What if my membership is up next June?”

“Shrug. Good luck! Lolz :/“

Back