Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This will never get old to me

Does this reference trace back to the VMP boards and someone wanted the UMO exclusive for a deal after their post history was directly contradictory in support of black vinyl? That shit was hilarious.

Does this reference trace back to the VMP boards and someone wanted the UMO exclusive for a deal after their post history was directly contradictory in support of black vinyl? That shit was hilarious.
No, some random person brand new to the old boards had a meltdown over not being able to grab a copy of the blue OK Computer variant (which wasn't even a VMP exclusive, just an indie they got a few copies of). He wanted it badly because it was his friend's favorite color and he was trying to get it as a gift IIRC.

The fuck is this description?

"You already know what this is, and have by now already clicked to purchase this particular variant of this quite good LP. So I'm going to use this space to talk about Alfredo sauce: Not a fan! It's like not garlicky enough, and it doesn't smell good! What's the deal with the smell? It's like warm milk, and poured over noodles! Not a fan! But, I think I speak for all of us at VMP HQ when I say we are a pro-fettuccini company. Elite noodle, just with a bad partner sauce. Anyways, have a good one. "
If there were more emojis I would’ve assumed they got @NathanRicaud to write their copy now.

Was there a limit per person?

To be honest I rarely buy rap records any more (apart from the sub) but picked up a copy just because I know how well received his other releases have been around here and for £18 (equivalent) its worth a punt. I bet a lot of people had a similar train of thought.
I’m so happy you picked up a copy! You’re in for a treat and I actually think you’ll really enjoy spinning this album! 🔥🔥🔥

It appears from the email that there was no exclusivity on the Gibbs, which I think explains why it sold out so quickly. Not a fan of how that was done, but I don't really need it so be it.

Yeah. This one is fucked. Completely missed it. They've been advertising as if their drops are now on Wednesdays. Then they release this shit to the public.

I got you at cost if nobody else closer does, it just might take longer for me to get it as shipping to me usually takes 5 weeks.

Woah! Thanks! I'll let you now if I don't wind up needing it. I really appreciate the offer.

These clowns still haven't even given me my swap credit, so I'm letting them know that I didn't have that available this morning to purchase the album, with the hopes they magically dig one up. They also tried to cut my membership short a month and prematurely charge me, so this is just another in a string of issues, of course. Fortunately, I was able to proactively catch them and have them fix that one, before being charged, but, according to reddit, there are a number of people who weren't so lucky and are trying to get a response from CS about it.

If they went even one month without a widespread issue, it would be a miracle

Is that trick with the shipping loophole active for people who are not subbed? Wanna pick up Cosmos Factory.

$3 whopping dollars off for members on a record you can’t buy because the record is available to anyone. Such a great perk. This damn membership is paying for itself. They usually try to spin this as “we didn’t know it would sell so fast”. Bullshit. The write-up tells you all you need to know there.

so fucking annoying.

If any of you lovely folks got an extra copy of Alfredo and wants to let it go I’m more than willing to buy it once it ships.

$3 whopping dollars off for members on a record you can’t buy because the record is available to anyone. Such a great perk. This damn membership is paying for itself. They usually try to spin this as “we didn’t know it would sell so fast”. Bullshit. The write-up tells you all you need to know there.

so fucking annoying.

If any of you lovely folks got an extra copy of Alfredo and wants to let it go I’m more than willing to buy it once it ships.
What would you do with more exclusivity?

Last edited:

so fucking annoying.

If any one wants to burn a police precinct over this, I am also down.

It's the only way to get anything accomplished anymore.

Alright, little experiment. Who here is still waiting on any responses whatsoever from CS? React to this post if you are.

I had my main sub still swapped to my previous month swap (seems a pretty recurring glitch), I sent an email to CS and copied Matt Fiedler and got an answer in less than 5h. This does the trick every time.

When did this drop in the store? I didnt see it under new, however i just saw this magazine article with the back door purchase link.

Edit:
And they added a bunch of FTBC also.

1591707796866.png

Back