Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

tumblr_n40umslIYd1tv3d7jo1_500.jpg

(no hammer and sickle though.... im anarcho, not tankie)

That's what I did. I'm going to send another one mentioning that I've heard through social media that there is a widespread issue with the pressing and that they've offered refunds to people who have had issues with the album. Seems like they didn't get back with me for some reason.
I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to who gets responded to first sometimes haha. I said something similar to you...said it seems like a widespread issue with the pressing and not my individual copy and I asked if I could just get a refund. Hopefully they get back to ya soon about it!

Serious question -- do you consider statements about the "kind of person" that is still a VMP customer to be fair game? Because there are a bunch of those (spoiler: they aren't positive).

I'm a customer. I'm also currently wearing a VMP branded sweatshirt. I've not been offended by any of the negative VMP comments.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to who gets responded to first sometimes haha. I said something similar to you...said it seems like a widespread issue with the pressing and not my individual copy and I asked if I could just get a refund. Hopefully they get back to ya soon about it!
Maybe my problem is that I didn't specifically request a refund. I just sent them an email informing them that the replacement had the same issue as the first. Perhaps I should have been more direct that I was not happy about that. :p

what is with VMP and australia?
I just can’t get behind Huntly’s lead vocalist.....🙅‍♂️

It just screams “white girl auditioning for The Voice/American Idol, who thinks they are hot shit, but no one wants to tell her that her vocals are meh because she will break down and not cope with the reality” 🙈

This is unfortunately my least favourite VMP Rising in a very long time 😭

I'm a customer. I'm also currently wearing a VMP branded sweatshirt. I've not been offended by any of the negative VMP comments.
I'm not talking about the negative comments about VMP, I'm talking about the characterization about people who are customers of VMP. I'm not personally offended by them but I'm honestly curious for the perspective here.

In other news though, I’m really digging the three singles from Kindness’ upcoming album. They are sexy, have a professional feel to them yet it’s kinda quiet and has a beach feel. And how did Kindness get Robyn, Jasmine Sullivan and BAHAMADIAAAAA, on the same record!!! This is an instant grab for me! 🔥🙌😻

Generally speaking since A-B took over curation of Rising I haven't liked any but a few Rising artists, which is fine as it saves my wallet another VMP purchase but at the same time is also a bit of a bummer.
Yeah, I won't say she has bad taste, because clearly plenty of people like it, but just like you learn which political commentators' or movie critics' opinions you're likely to agree with, I find that her A&R is not my thing. Almost none of the Risings have interested me, ever.

Ok, look, I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but this right here is the problem I’m having with all of this.

By saying things like “there needs to be a definite statement”, you're making it sound like you're appealing to some employees at a business to release a statement, when this forum was basically started in opposition to that exact kind of mentality. We’re not running a company here, man. There doesn't have to be strict guidelines on what can be said where and who is allowed to respond to certain things.

I agree with the sentiment that people should not be attacked for their feelings about VMP. You're completely justified in getting upset if someone gives you shit purely because you're a member or not a member of VMP. But that doesn't seem to be what happened here, as others are trying to characterize it.

You posted a long report about your meeting with someone from VMP about the state of the company. Even further, you posted a status about it, inviting people who don't usually look at the forums about VMP (like me) to see what this is all about. And at this point, I’m confused about what exactly your motive was. You say you wanted to share the info with those who would be interested, without realizing someone can dislike VMP but still be interested in what you have to say. You seem to suggest that if you had done your report and only been met by posts from people saying “thanks for sharing”, then it would have all been fine. But this is a *discussion* thread. People come here to *discuss* what has been posted. And you seem to be of the mind that negative feedback to your report is coming solely from people coming at your neck just from the crime of daring to mention VMP.

There's a difference between trolls giving you hell just because and people genuinely responding and reacting to what you've posted. You can't make the decision that, if you don't like what they have to say about your post, their input is invalid. It is relevant that people say what they feel about VMP truthfully, and judging by the response to your report, many remain unconvinced that this meeting really means anything. That’s not an attack on you; that's a response to what you openly posted in a public forum.

Your request that you be told explicitly what you can and can't do on the forum makes no sense. The threads for posting about VMP are for posting about VMP. That includes discussion of both the positive and negative aspects of VMP. If someone uses this very thread to complain and let others know about a delay or a consistent, prevalent defect in a product from their store, they are using it the way it is intended. If you are so worried about not knowing if what you are posting in a specific thread is “allowed” in that thread, then just create a new thread for it.

As many others have stated, this is nothing meant to offend or insult you. But you need to be willing to accept that not everyone has an overly optimistic view of VMP, and that what you posted was in some ways essentially a mouthpiece for VMP to project onto the forum, and if you can't see why that might not be 100% welcomed on this particular forum, then I'm not quite sure what else to say.

This post is 100% money.

Back