Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I haven't been a subscriber for well over a year, but I'll also say that I still acquire VMP releases I'm interested in, sometimes at a premium, sometimes for less. So as I've always stated, there are problems with the product that should be addressed, but my issues are more with the business/company. So I speak with my wallet, by giving that money to someone else.

Last edited:
Look I may be alone (but appears not from DMs I have received), but I guess it is too much to ask for voices to be heard and be taken seriously but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am sorry I hate for people to feel unsafe, that seems to be the case for others. I will be looking at other places I can have a community where I can post something and not be told to expect backlash immediately and people to DM me that they don't post because of it.

Look I may be alone (but appears not from DMs I have received), but I guess it is too much to ask for voices to be heard and be taken seriously but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am sorry I hate for people to feel unsafe, that seems to be the case for others. I will be looking at other places I can have a community where I can post something and not be told to expect backlash immediately and people to DM me that they don't post because of it.
I've offered those people a voice if they want to be heard. So I'll say it again, if ANYONE feels unsafe, fears posting about VMP, please contact me directly and I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.

I'm hesitant to get involved in this. However, I think it's more about how you're taking things. People are naturally going to push back when you present VMP info. I'm still a VMP subscriber. I still enjoy their services. I've had relatively good luck with them which is why I probably cut them more slack. In no way do I begrudge people who are negative, skeptical, or annoyed with VMP for their many screwups followed by constant pledges to get better that are met with little to no improvement. I'm not sure what you were expecting to see when you give them a platform here. I like reading what they've told you but I'm not sure if you were expecting everyone to be fine with it. I want them to do better but we need to see it before I'll believe it. Their crown jewel, the Anthology, was plagued with freshman type errors. It's not what a successful business should do.

just wanna note that im still a subscriber... i will be rejoining if i get that stars refund because the 3 months will only be 20 dollars for me.... and i still love the curation VMP does.. africa brasil showed me that even without the hype i can still think "hey this is pretty good" (in fact it made me more interested in the session notes). so yeah im still staying...

i think maybe the problem is not wanting to block or ignore someone because you are friends with them and they are very... harsh

First world problems too, right? Another one of my dislikes. Yes, it is paper and vinyl. But what is on that paper and vinyl mean various things to different people and it isn't for you or me to dismiss, make light or demean any of it. There is a time and a place for the jokes, I'm all about it. I'm not sure this is it. If you don't want to argue/discuss, just don't. Don't pile on the 6 pages by adding unhelpful jokes. It'll all ebb away and we can go back to jokes.

"People need to lighten up a bit " is not the thing to say to anyone that is expressing true emotion. Allow them to process it without diminishing their emotion. And I don't see them as harmless jokes. I see them taking a valid concern, not acknowledging it and dismissing it with a joke. That sucks.

No, I'm not taking this particular discussion personally. But others do. And people have stated that it is giving them anxiety and distress. Throwing in jokes is not only not helpful, but one could say it is callous.
First world problems too, right? Another one of my dislikes. Yes, it is paper and vinyl. But what is on that paper and vinyl mean various things to different people and it isn't for you or me to dismiss, make light or demean any of it. There is a time and a place for the jokes, I'm all about it. I'm not sure this is it. If you don't want to argue/discuss, just don't. Don't pile on the 6 pages by adding unhelpful jokes. It'll all ebb away and we can go back to jokes.

"People need to lighten up a bit " is not the thing to say to anyone that is expressing true emotion. Allow them to process it without diminishing their emotion. And I don't see them as harmless jokes. I see them taking a valid concern, not acknowledging it and dismissing it with a joke. That sucks.

No, I'm not taking this particular discussion personally. But others do. And people have stated that it is giving them anxiety and distress. Throwing in jokes is not only not helpful, but one could say it is callous.
Alright, I didn’t dismiss or demean anything. I never said it was a first world problem, I was making a relative statement because what should have been a simple conversation became angered, personal attacks. It’s the internet, it happens.

And just as the small group of people arguing have a right to take over a forum with their bickering, so do other people have the right to handle it how they want. If someone wants to make a light joke, they can. It was like three of us engaging with three of us to have some fun.

If I for some reason was arguing with someone online and some other person not involved made a joke, I wouldn’t give shit. I’m arguing publicly, so I can’t really dictate others’ responses.

People are afraid to post and this is the response you find acceptable. I do not and will not stop until there is a statement so people can know what will be acceptable. If people are afraid to post then that is 100% a place staff needs to step in. I am losing respect more and more for staff regarding this issue. If this is a place where people are going to be afraid then I am not sure I want to be here and I have already been told by others they are going elsewhere. This is on staff to correct, you are becoming the monster you were trying to leave by not making a decision.
I said I would butt out, but there is now stuff in my comments that are about this topic. So here I go again....

Enoch what fear are you even talking about? Who has a fear to post on here? This is one of the friendliest communities I've ever been a part of and I've never once been concerned with what I've posted, except for responding to this argument. What is there to fear here? Someone getting mad about VMP? That's not in the least bit intimidating, especially compared to how you've been acting as of recent.

"I said either ban me or actually do something about the fear people have. I will not stop this."

This seems like you're taking offense for people who are not offended and are fearful for people with no fear. I've never had a fear for posting VMP stuff, and I don't know of anyone else that has either. I have no ill will towards you Enoch, I just want you to take a step back and realize the things you're saying. We are all adults on the Internet here man, act like it.

OK maybe I'm not actually an adult yet but y'all get the point...

My two cents (not that anybody is particularly asking for it haha) is that @Enoch should be able to post updates about VMP in the VMP thread without feeling attacked. If people don't want to talk about VMP, then they should mute/ignore this thread. I get that a lot of people around here don't like VMP anymore, and rightfully so, but that doesn't mean people need to call Enoch a shill or attack him personally. Don't take your anger from VMP out on anybody else here, simple as that. I was one of the people who was interested in hearing what VMP told Enoch. I also do not closely follow this VMP thread as I am not a member anymore, so I saw Enoch's status update and wanted to hear what happened in the meeting. Then I got to the thread and comments on the status and completely understand why Enoch felt attacked and also where there were occasions where it might have felt like personal attacks when people meant to be directing those statements at VMP. Whether or not VMP has their own intentions on meeting with certain people in the VMP community is a different story but there's a way to be respectful about it and some of the posts/responses to Enoch crossed the line IMO.

Everybody is escalating things right now and let's remember why this place got started. It's a community that we all liked being a part of that got taken away from us. Now it's our own. Let's keep it civil. Nobody should be afraid to speak their mind here. And nobody should be attacked personally. I get that the mods don't want to police every little thing and I don't expect them to. But when things get out of hand, then I feel that they do need to step in sometimes. I get that we are all adults and should be able to respectfully settle arguments, but the sad fact is, that doesn't always work on the internet. Arguments got kinda heated last night and there was really no need for it from anybody. There's no prize for those who are no longer members and feel the need to shit talk anybody who is still a member. There's a way to make your feelings about the company heard without insulting those who still give them money. Just because some of us feel safe posting about VMP doesnt mean everybody does. I hope that people can be mindful of that and from my interactions with a lot of you on here, I think we all can be.

Anywho...Hoping everyone can be respectful and let things calm down and move past it all.

I think the rule on VMP is the rule with anything else: If you're going to disagree, do it respectfully. Simple.
And there it is folks!

My two cents (not that anybody is particularly asking for it haha) is that @Enoch should be able to post updates about VMP in the VMP thread without feeling attacked. If people don't want to talk about VMP, then they should mute/ignore this thread. I get that a lot of people around here don't like VMP anymore, and rightfully so, but that doesn't mean people need to call Enoch a shill or attack him personally. Don't take your anger from VMP out on anybody else here, simple as that. I was one of the people who was interested in hearing what VMP told Enoch. I also do not closely follow this VMP thread as I am not a member anymore, so I saw Enoch's status update and wanted to hear what happened in the meeting. Then I got to the thread and comments on the status and completely understand why Enoch felt attacked and also where there were occasions where it might have felt like personal attacks when people meant to be directing those statements at VMP. Whether or not VMP has their own intentions on meeting with certain people in the VMP community is a different story but there's a way to be respectful about it and some of the posts/responses to Enoch crossed the line IMO.

Everybody is escalating things right now and let's remember why this place got started. It's a community that we all liked being a part of that got taken away from us. Now it's our own. Let's keep it civil. Nobody should be afraid to speak their mind here. And nobody should be attacked personally. I get that the mods don't want to police every little thing and I don't expect them to. But when things get out of hand, then I feel that they do need to step in sometimes. I get that we are all adults and should be able to respectfully settle arguments, but the sad fact is, that doesn't always work on the internet. Arguments got kinda heated last night and there was really no need for it from anybody. There's no prize for those who are no longer members and feel the need to shit talk anybody who is still a member. There's a way to make your feelings about the company heard without insulting those who still give them money. Just because some of us feel safe posting about VMP doesnt mean everybody does. I hope that people can be mindful of that and from my interactions with a lot of you on here, I think we all can be.

Anywho...Hoping everyone can be respectful and let things calm down and move past it all.

And there it is folks!
the only reason someone like woob came here was because he checks literally EVERY thread here and it was blurted out on the profile posts page...

I've offered those people a voice if they want to be heard. So I'll say it again, if ANYONE feels unsafe, fears posting about VMP, please contact me directly and I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.

Is "unsafe" or "fear" the standard here? Then no. But I sure as hell am not going to voice a positive opinion about VMP on this message board, those perspectives are still clearly not welcome in this community. I took a few weeks off hoping that some of the raw nerves would have started to heal but that is clearly not the case.

giphy.gif

Back