Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The thing is I almost always Spotify to make sure it's not on the original but for Bulletin it's like THE ONLY PLACE ON THE WHOLE ALBUM that has them, just those 3 songs. It seemed so out of place I just assumed..

However it was compounded by the fact that my first copy actually had a crackly pressing issue, so I assumed it was more of that... it was not.
I don't even listen to Side-A of Bjork's Vespertine because Hidden Place and Cocoon both have rhythmic pops that make it sound like my setup is going to catch on fire

Jackets are fine. Tip on style. The gray vinyl is actually translucent and looks really cool if you hold it up in the light. The gatefold is a bit large so the whole thing spreads out a bit when it's out of the plastic. I have a few gatefold that do that. As if they didn't cut them close enough so the folded area makes a U shape.

31D9C5F7-3E4F-4484-8714-B4A78107486F.jpeg

Last edited:
Outlaw down to 26

And its criminal the Caleb Landry Jones album has not sold out. its hot fyre!

View attachment 48389

Just re-signed to get a copy of Outlaw.

Work has been hectic I haven't kept up to date with the forum, how do you get the view with the stock levels? Interestingly, when I put the order in, Outlaw is showing as a run of only 300 on the VMP web site.

Also noted the Errol Garner and Ambrose Akinmusire are pressed at Furnace. Anyone know anything about Furnace? how do they compare to RTI and QRP?

Just re-signed to get a copy of Outlaw.

Work has been hectic I haven't kept up to date with the forum, how do you get the view with the stock levels? Interestingly, when I put the order in, Outlaw is showing as a run of only 300 on the VMP web site.
Here's a quick explainer from earlier in the thread on checking stock:

If you check out the VMP magazine, the links to buy on those pages are different than the store links. Not only do they let non-members buy, but they also have no quantity restrictions. Therefore if you add too many to your cart the system corrects you with the number available.

For the store, if its not a limited purchase just add a s&!t ton to your cart and it will correct your stock to the current available.

As for the 1000 in the screen shot, I just put in a high number for all regardless of actual quantity to see the real number left. The 300 for outlaw, I assume, is correct.

Oh yes. Me too. Did you know that Side C of The Soft Bulletin is riddled with random loud fake record pops?

-eyeballs 3 copies of The Soft Bulletin sitting on shelf-

BECAUSE I SURE DIDN'T

I returned three copies of Janet Jackson "All For You" because there is an "ocean wave" effect that plays pretty much throughout the entire album. Basically white noise/static/non-fill sound. I finally pulled the damn thing up on Spotify and the noise was still there! I felt like an idiot, but it really does sound exactly like a bad pressing.

Even though I was finally able to get them to ship me my April ROTM and a bonus for my troubles, they still haven't shipped my May swap. Am I going to have to submit a ticket every month?

How long did it take before they shipped your April ROTM? and what bonus did you get?

My May ROTMs haven't shipped either, just waiting patiently, being in Australia though it's normally about 3 weeks after they ship it before it actually arrives.

And white stripes is delayed

For our June Essentials release, we proudly partnered with Third Man Records to reissue De Stijl by Detroit rock duo, The White Stripes — highlighting the important connections between the band, the label, pressing plant & city.

Unfortunately, due to delays from COVID-19 restrictions, Third Man Pressing has not been able to operate at full capacity which has led to extended pressing timelines. As a result, this release will be delayed approximately 4 - 6 weeks.

We sincerely apologize for this delay and expect De Stijl to ship to members in July with your July ROTM. For the most recent updates, click & bookmark this page.

We’re so excited for you to hear this record. It’ll be worth the wait!

Back