Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

And white stripes is delayed

For our June Essentials release, we proudly partnered with Third Man Records to reissue De Stijl by Detroit rock duo, The White Stripes — highlighting the important connections between the band, the label, pressing plant & city.

Unfortunately, due to delays from COVID-19 restrictions, Third Man Pressing has not been able to operate at full capacity which has led to extended pressing timelines. As a result, this release will be delayed approximately 4 - 6 weeks.

We sincerely apologize for this delay and expect De Stijl to ship to members in July with your July ROTM. For the most recent updates, click & bookmark this page.

We’re so excited for you to hear this record. It’ll be worth the wait!

What if a membership Is scheduled to end after receiving the June Essentials ROTM? The member will not be around in July because they only signed up with the promotion in April in order to secure a spot for The White Stripes in June. Should we expect there to be an issue receiving De Stijl with an expired membership?

What if a membership Is scheduled to end after receiving the June Essentials ROTM? The member will not be around in July because they only signed up with the promotion in April in order to secure a spot for The White Stripes in June. Should we expect there to be an issue receiving De Stijl with an expired membership?
None whatsoever

I don't think you would. My membership is cancelled and I still received my preorders this month. I'd imagine that you will still have an "order" placed and will be sent out to you in July instead. I'd just make sure to make any adjustments to addresses or anything if that might be an issue.

Not a big deal to me. Obviously Covid was going to have an impact at some point. Looks like they repressed the El-P record. And confirmed Future and King as the subs.
My only issue is that there is no way they didn't know there would be a delay last week when Third Man was hyping the release by showing pictures of it being pressed. These were supposed to start shipping in a week, so there is either more to the story, or they waited until the last minute to admit there was an issue.

Obviously no big deal in the long run, just seems fishy and rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:
How long did it take before they shipped your April ROTM? and what bonus did you get?

My May ROTMs haven't shipped either, just waiting patiently, being in Australia though it's normally about 3 weeks after they ship it before it actually arrives.
They never shipped it. The order disappeared. I waited until the day before they announced May ROTM to out a ticket in. It took them almost 3 weeks to respond to my ticket and then they shipped it the next day. They offered me a bonus record for the issue and how long it took and I chose Shabaka. They shipped it at the same time but in a different box for some reason.

About this they also say:

"If you are an active member, we expect it to ship with your July ROTM. If you are not an active member in July, it will still ship to you, but most likely separate from any other records."

My only issue is that there is no way they didn't know there would be a delay last week when Third Man was hyping the release by showing pictures of it being pressed. These were supposed to start shipping in a week, so there is either more to the story, or they waited until the last minute to admit there was an issue.

Obviously no big deal in the long run, just seems fishy and rubs me the wrong way.

FWIW I received an email from TMR on May 11 to inform that the next Vault package that was supposed to be shipped in June would ship in July.

EDIT: So VMP've probably known about the issue for about 2 weeks now

I would also wager that they’ve known for a bit. And dropping an email the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, a couple days before it goes live, definitely seems intentional.

And white stripes is delayed

For our June Essentials release, we proudly partnered with Third Man Records to reissue De Stijl by Detroit rock duo, The White Stripes — highlighting the important connections between the band, the label, pressing plant & city.

Unfortunately, due to delays from COVID-19 restrictions, Third Man Pressing has not been able to operate at full capacity which has led to extended pressing timelines. As a result, this release will be delayed approximately 4 - 6 weeks.

We sincerely apologize for this delay and expect De Stijl to ship to members in July with your July ROTM. For the most recent updates, click & bookmark this page.

We’re so excited for you to hear this record. It’ll be worth the wait!
Was this an email? I didn’t get one...

This will be one of those months that the availability of swaps will go a long way, if Shabaka or Perfume Genius is available, I may stay in for June. Otherwise I'll just renew De Stijl and punt towards July. I'm not really excited and on the fence about the Albert King pick (yes it is hot playing, but still a covers album of songs I know really well).

What store credit thing? I haven’t received any email

What store credit thing? I haven’t received any email
They have stated that they in Beta testing of giving store credit as a swap this month. So instead of getting a record, you get store credit to apply to the record of your choice. This makes me think that the days of expensive swaps (ie $30 plus records is over), because they can always say we're giving you $23 (or whatever amount) to spend on what you want.

The sole benefit really being is you can keep your membership active and not get a ROTM.
Yeah, that’s a bummer if we lose out on more expensive exclusives. I’ve been able to get a lot of goodies out of the swaps, but also have had months where I didn’t like the swaps either and had to take a record I didn’t want to pay 25 for, because I was locked in for a long-term membership. I can get behind the credit thing, but hope we don’t lose out on all exclusives prices above the average monthly fee—aka every exclusive now

Didn't hear about the store credit thing either, interesting approach and not certain on it being a death knell for more expensive swaps. Other options in swaps have been cheaper than the add-on track itself so I imagine some variance will remain. Guess we'll see in the coming months, would be a bummer for that to be the case though.

Back